KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Watchmen

Watchmen
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Frankly, I wouldn't watch a series without Doctor Manhattan, Rorschach, or at the very least Ozy. Those are the only characters who made the series worth a damn, imo.
Comedian was the best character you phucking phaggot.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 05:50 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by NemeBro

thumb up

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 08:18 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

You spelled Ozy wrong pleb.

Eddie's a good second place though.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 12:21 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will pas unless I like the cast

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 02:29 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Silk Spectre has a nice ass, though. Who is the phucking phaggot now?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 03:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I found out today that this is being made by the guy who made The Leftovers. This is going to be phenomenal.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 06:28 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09...-pre-production

It's starting!

I'm three episodes away from finishing The Leftovers, and holy hell has it been a good ride. I'm sad it's ending, but this man helming Watchmen is the best pairing they could have made. He knows how to make layered and interesting characters and drama.

Also, it seems the Watchmen are set to join the comics DC universe in November in a huge event called Doomsday.

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 06:02 PM
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05...mporary-setting

quote:
Lindelof—who co-created The Leftovers and Lost—said he has "no desire to 'adapt' the twelve issues of the Moore and Gibbons created 30 years ago," echoing statements previously made by HBO president Casey Bloys. Lindelof went on to refer to the original 1986 graphic novel as "sacred ground," adding that those twelve issues "will not be retread nor recreated nor reproduced nor rebooted."

Instead, Lindelof said Watchmen will be "remixed." He likened the original source material to the Old Testament and his HBO series as the New Testament, noting that the New Testament didn't erase what came before and emphasizing that "Watchmen is canon."

He clarified that the series won't be a sequel, but an "original" and "contemporary" work that "must ask new questions and explore the world through a fresh lens." Lindelof elaborated, saying the series "needs to resonate with the frequency of Trump and May and Putin and the horse that he rides around on, shirtless."

Lindelof confirmed "some of the characters will be unknown" with "new faces" and "new masks to cover them." With regard to the tone, he said it will be "fresh and nasty and electric and absurd."

That first paragraph sounds like a whole lot of Alan Moore ass kissing, but whatever.

I love how he wrote his letter like a Dr. Manhattan chapter.

Anyway, a new group of heroes sounds cool to me. Lindelof is good at characterization so I'm sure he'll knock that out of the park. I just hope some of the other heroes make appearances at some point. I'm interested to see how he'll pull it off, though I'm slightly worried too. After reading his letter to the fans though, it's plain that he's a fan too. He won't hurt the universe or continuity.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 23rd, 2018 at 04:18 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 04:08 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, cool. I like Lindelof to an extent. Lost could have been good, but I'll blame that on the writer's strike. He also got robbed on Prometheus and was unfairly judged for that. So I hope he is able to follow through completely with this. He's going to have to redeem himself in a big way here.

I'm glad they aren't just redoing the novel. The Zack Snyder film is basically that, so it's already been done.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 12:14 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

cast is whack

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 24th, 2018 02:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Regina King is fking awesome.

Not sure about the rest of them though.

PWNT

Old Post May 24th, 2018 03:39 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Jeremy Irons is cast in a lead role

https://screenrant.com/watchmen-hbo-jeremy-irons-cast/

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 11:31 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

There's like 3 seconds of footage in that (at 1 minute) lol. I hope they come out with a full trailer soon.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 06:26 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Watchmen is set in "an alternate history where 'superheroes' are treated as outlaws" and "embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel while attempting to break new ground of its own." -snip

Seems like it's going to both follow the graphic novel but expand out on it's own as there's not enough writing to do 10+ hours of story/filming.

Hopefully all keys points of the story are kept and the extra scenes are character development and more backstory. eg wouldn't mind an ep where it's Doc M and Comedian in Vietnam during the war.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 10:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

It takes place several decades after the events of the book, so no Comedian or Rorschach. The Doc also completely left the galaxy so I'm assuming he wont be in. It's a completely new cast except for Ozy and Silk Specter (or a character named "Agent Blake" who everyone assumes is Silk Specter).

PWNT

Old Post Feb 26th, 2019 01:04 AM
Impediment
Endless

What in the actual ass?!

This looks like a hard pass for me.

Alan Moore must be vomiting blood right now.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 8th, 2019 06:19 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Impediment
What in the actual ass?!

This about sums it up.

Old Post May 8th, 2019 06:22 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Looks like garbage

By Stoic

Old Post May 8th, 2019 06:48 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Won't even waste the bandwidth to download this heap of shit.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 8th, 2019 06:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks interesting. Kinda funny that the villains are basically Anonymous though...

Old Post May 9th, 2019 02:08 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote