KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Episode three was a vast improvement over the first two. So I have a bit of renewed hope for this show.

Do like the Captain, solid actor and I enjoy that we don't really know where he stands morals wise

Do like fish-boy the new first officer.

Do like the overall dark tones of the show now, considering it's set to the backdrop of the Federation/Klingon War, even if we know how that ends

Do not like the main character, I know she's supposed to be Vulcanized and apparently Spock's adopted sister, but she's just not selling me with her stoic ass acting. Hopefully this changes

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
how does transporter tech work? I'm guessing there has to be cooperation between two ships and you can't just beam aboard another ship w/o permission.

i ask because Captain Lorca seems to want to use that large creature for something... would he be able to transport it onto a Klingon ship?

Here's how I imagine transporters working:

Breaks you down into atoms, stores the information in a buffer.

Transporter out the other end forms your dupicate to live out your life.

Only real way to explain the two Riker's. Bones is right to never want to use the things (Or his 9,999,999th clone is..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 03:50 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
It's cable companies not learning from their old mistakes. The entire point of a streaming service is to bundle shit together, not take it apart.

Yeah, right back to where we started, except in an unaffordable manner. Stupid.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 10:57 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

And then they'll feign ignorance and blame it on consumers when nobody buys their service for one or two shows.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 06:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Is this show also on Netflix or are they sticking to their phazers and keeping it only on their own streaming service?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 07:27 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Is this show also on Netflix or are they sticking to their phazers and keeping it only on their own streaming service?

For North America, its only on their own streaming service. For the rest of us it's on Netflix (for now).

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 08:16 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol are the Klingons just never gonna speak english?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 09:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

you mean w/o the translator?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 10:10 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
And then they'll feign ignorance and blame it on consumers when nobody buys their service for one or two shows.

Hmm..

Tin hat foil time: *Puts tin foil hat on* What if this is a really expensive scheme to justify Trump administrations anti-neutrality polices.

Lets whip up a service, and put someone on it everyones gonna want to see. Like Star Trek!

Then when nobody buys our shit and pirates it, which we WANT them to do, we've got one more piece of evidence to drive home the death of net neutrality.

Sad thing is, thinking like this isn't exactly without precedent..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 10:37 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by marwash22
you mean w/o the translator?

Yeah, cuz that shit is obnoxious as f*ck.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 10:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So there's a theory that this [SPOILER - highlight to read]: is the mirror universe .

Would explain the inconsistencies and why [SPOILER - highlight to read]: they're being a bit coy on which timeline this is

Anyway got me curious enough to keep watching and see where they go with this. Especially after Ep. 3 was a vast improvement anyway.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:34 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So there's a theory that this [SPOILER - highlight to read]: is the mirror universe .

Would explain the inconsistencies and why [SPOILER - highlight to read]: they're being a bit coy on which timeline this is

Anyway got me curious enough to keep watching and see where they go with this. Especially after Ep. 3 was a vast improvement anyway.

I hope that is the case, people can more or less just pretend this is really well done fanfiction.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 12:54 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Imagine an 11 year old bearded Spock..

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:10 PM
Darth Thor

Hmm I wonder if this is pre-Uss Enterprise given Spock was 1st officer on that ship years before Kirk came along.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:33 PM
Darth Thor

Rewatched the pilot and that theory seems kind of trash given the number of that they mention they're explorers, and name drop the United federation and star fleet.

It's the Ep.3 Captain who seems more mirrorish. But he could just be related to Section 31.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:06 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Dunno, the MU Federation wouldn't give two shits bout saving a race of rubes like they did in Ep1. So I highly doubt it, despite that it could potentially be a great twist.

He's defo working with or is at least sympathetic with Sec31 mission statement.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 10:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Watched a few more episodes of TNG.

Kinda reminds me of Xfiles monster of the week type episodes. Similar pattern.

Also amusing to watch them get around the budget constraints they obviously had to deal with. Sometimes they'll make the aliens actually look weird and alien-like, other time they're just regularly looking humans. The one I watched last night was them encountering a new alien race, that was just attractive blonde people.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 10:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The planet of attractive blonde people, forgot about that one. laughing

Yeah, you're gonna see a lot of cheese in the first few seasons.

I'd recommend brilliant web critic S.F. Debris, and seeing his reviews whenever you finish a particularly off beat episode.

Here's his site:

http://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek.php

He may have some stuff on Youtube, as well.. His site had hosting issues awhile back and some of his better stuff like "Rise and Fall of the Comic Empire" (MUST.SEE) got transplanted.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 5th, 2017 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 11:15 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Watched a few more episodes of TNG.

Kinda reminds me of Xfiles monster of the week type episodes. Similar pattern.

Also amusing to watch them get around the budget constraints they obviously had to deal with. Sometimes they'll make the aliens actually look weird and alien-like, other time they're just regularly looking humans. The one I watched last night was them encountering a new alien race, that was just attractive blonde people.

Lol yeah...I think it is not until like season 3 that they got an increased budget.

What do you think of Q?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 11:59 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Was that the dude in the first episode?

I dunno. I didn't find him all that compelling.

There was also another race of aliens they discovered that was just a bunch of black people.

So TNG is teaching me that blonde people and black people are aliens.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 09:52 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote