KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mace Windu and Quinlan Vos DD vs ROTS Sidious

Mace Windu and Quinlan Vos DD vs ROTS Sidious
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I wouldn't say that. I wouldn't even say Mace using vaapad at its fullest if he fought him again could do as well. IMHO

I just said he's capable of soloing. Not that he would for a majority or anything.

Maybe 3/10. Which is 3 more than any other Jedi is capable of in the PT/OT era sans Yoda

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by quanchi112
So you've come over to my side acknowledging Windu did win.
thumb up

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 10:16 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I just said he's capable of soloing. Not that he would for a majority or anything.

Maybe 3/10. Which is 3 more than any other Jedi is capable of in the PT/OT era sans Yoda

I get you. I just think that since they were equals and mace used his environment to win I wasand sure how that would work.

True

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 10:19 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I get you. I just think that since they were equals and mace used his environment to win I wasand sure how that would work.

True
How did mace use the environment for the win ?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 10:37 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

How did mace use the environment for the win ?

Windu led Sidious to the balcony where he had to slow his movements down so he wouldn't slip off the balcony.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 11:47 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Windu led Sidious to the balcony where he had to slow his movements down so he wouldn't slip off the balcony.
That is where the fight took them both. They were simply reacting and Windu was just better in this instance.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 11:59 PM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

That is where the fight took them both. They were simply reacting and Windu was just better in this instance.

He used shatterpoint to find out that by taking himself and Sidious there he Sidious would slow down to make sure he doesn't fall off. In terms of deuling skill and speed they were completely even as stated by the novelization.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 12:01 AM
quanchi112
Disney

He used shatterpoint to find out that by taking himself and Sidious there he Sidious would slow down to make sure he doesn't fall off. In terms of deuling skill and speed they were completely even as stated by the novelization.
So what you're saying is Windu is more attuned with his surroundings hence the win.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 12:02 AM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

So what you're saying is Windu is more attuned with his surroundings hence the win.

You would,have to read the novelization to get the full effect of the scene, so there is no room for mistake. He was boosted to a great exten which boosted Vaapad and Shatterpoint, so he has a lot going for him in that battle that he wouldn't otherwise receive agaisnt an opponent, even if he fought Sidious again.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 12:26 AM
quanchi112
Disney

You would,have to read the novelization to get the full effect of the scene, so there is no room for mistake. He was boosted to a great exten which boosted Vaapad and Shatterpoint, so he has a lot going for him in that battle that he wouldn't otherwise receive agaisnt an opponent, even if he fought Sidious again.
Again why wouldn't he carry the same abilities he has ? You seem to speculate all over the place and contradict yourself.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 12:41 AM
NTJack0
Ranger

Originally posted by redpill
why did mace pick 3 weak jedis
Anakin was being a *****, and Yoda was gone.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 02:30 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by NTJack0
Anakin was being a *****, and Yoda was gone.
Correct. What he took was awful. I mean they didn't last ten seconds which even Opress did.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 02:49 AM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Again why wouldn't he carry the same abilities he has ? You seem to speculate all over the place and contradict yourself.

How do I contradict myself? I'm not speculating. It's stated right there in the novelization. Why would Sidious have that ability? What would lead you to believe that just because Windu had that ability Sidious would too?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 03:39 AM
quanchi112
Disney

How do I contradict myself? I'm not speculating. It's stated right there in the novelization. Why would Sidious have that ability? What would lead you to believe that just because Windu had that ability Sidious would too?
I am saying Windu always has these abilities so acting like he doesn't is simply untrue.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 03:41 AM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

I am saying Windu always has these abilities so acting like he doesn't is simply untrue.

See that would interest me if they actaully came in handy in a battle situation ever again, and the one time that I can recall it wasn't bolstered by a huge boost that he has also never received before and the only reason he got this boost were from special circumstances. With that if he fought Sidious again he wouldn't be at the same level of power due to his inner anger being lower and thus Vaapad being lower aswell as Shatterpoint.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 03:51 AM
quanchi112
Disney

See that would interest me if they actaully came in handy in a battle situation ever again, and the one time that I can recall it wasn't bolstered by a huge boost that he has also never received before and the only reason he got this boost were from special circumstances. With that if he fought Sidious again he wouldn't be at the same level of power due to his inner anger being lower and thus Vaapad being lower aswell as Shatterpoint.
You are speculating. Windu won. Sheev lost.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 03:58 AM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

You are speculating. Windu won. Sheev lost.

Not specualtion if it's based on the novelization and taken from the text.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 05:21 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Not specualtion if it's based on the novelization and taken from the text.
You are speculating on future conflicts. What happened was Windu won. Nuff said.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 06:07 PM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

You are speculating on future conflicts. What happened was Windu won. Nuff said.

1st One instance that was circumstantial and had many factors to it especially doesn't decide future outcomes

2. The novelization explains his boost and makes it clear he won't get the same boost ever again.

No speculation just facts

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 11:32 PM
quanchi112
Disney

1st One instance that was circumstantial and had many factors to it especially doesn't decide future outcomes

2. The novelization explains his boost and makes it clear he won't get the same boost ever again.

No speculation just facts
Everything is circumstantial.

When in the novel does it state he can never achieve that again ?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 11:42 PM