KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mace Windu and Quinlan Vos DD vs ROTS Sidious

Mace Windu and Quinlan Vos DD vs ROTS Sidious
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

[QUOTE=15480817]Originally posted by quanchi112
Everything is circumstantial.

When in the novel does it state he can never achieve that again ?
[/QUOTE

Glad you understand in this battle the circumstances of this battle.

When it explains what was feuling vaapad, it explains the passion and anger he felt and how it was something he never experienced before.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 01:21 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
[QUOTE=15480817]Originally posted by quanchi112
Everything is circumstantial.

When in the novel does it state he can never achieve that again ?
[/QUOTE

Glad you understand in this battle the circumstances of this battle.

When it explains what was feuling vaapad, it explains the passion and anger he felt and how it was something he never experienced before.
Not just this battle all battles. You are hypocritically acting like this is any different than any other unique battle.

It never says he couldn't do this again. I caught you.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 01:27 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2

2. The novelization explains his boost and makes it clear he won't get the same boost ever again.

Well he obviously won't because he died right after that fight stick out tongue

But seriously, assuming that was his "Best Ever" performance, then it obviously was a one-off because it was his last performance as well.

And I would argue it was at least a "Peak" performance for Mace considering just a few months earlier he lost to Darth Maul + 2 Mandalorians. Palpatine would rip through those three 10/10 times. And that's without help from Secura Lol.

So yes, the evidence and feats support you ES2.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 10:30 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor

But seriously, assuming that was his "Best Ever" performance, then it obviously was a one-off because it was his last performance as well.

And I would argue it was at least a "Peak" performance for Mace considering just a few months earlier he lost to Darth Maul + 2 Mandalorians. Palpatine would rip through those three 10/10 times. And that's without help from Secura Lol.

Speculation at best. Abc logic isn't required when Windu beat Sidious. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 02:55 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Originally posted by quanchi112
Not just this battle all battles. You are hypocritically acting like this is any different than any other unique battle.

It never says he couldn't do this again. I caught you.

Dooku vs Anakin in AOTC and Windu vs Sidious ROTS. Shall I list the many differences in that battle? laughing out loud See the difference.

No you didn't. It explains his boost and thus makes it clear that he would never receive that boost ever again.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 05:21 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Yea I was also going off mental state as well. Psychologically speaking mace was in the heat of the moment, the highest point of internal anger ever, it makes it clear in the novelization that this was fueled by how the republic was being run by the Sith was why he was pissed. After that, even if he wasn't dead, his internal anger from a psychological stand point would be lower since he already fought him once and then Sidious won't have a plan either, just to fight. You agree right.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 05:23 PM
Darth Thor

^ Yeah I mean focus/mental state is something that is known to greatly effect Jedi/Sith in combat.

Look at Kenobi and Ventress stalemating/losing to Maul + Opress one episode, then the next episode Kenobi stalemating Maul 1 v 1, then at the end of the same episode Kenobi stalemating/defeating Maul + Opress combined.

Filoni's commentary made it clear that the difference in these fights was Kenobi's focus/mental state. And that's clearly going to be more so with Mace given the nature of Vapaad.

Facts are:

Mace fought equally with Sidious when fighting for everything he believed in.

Sidious Stomped Maul + Opress together. The fight made it clear this would happen 10/10 times.

Mace + Secura lost to Maul + 2 Death Watch warriors, suggesting Maul + 2 Death Watch warriors would take a good majority against Mace alone.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Mace and Vos? 2muchunpredictable4Sidious

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 07:32 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Mace + Secura lost to Maul + 2 Death Watch warriors, suggesting Maul + 2 Death Watch warriors would take a good majority against Mace alone.

You should really stop saying that.

1. That fight was hella short to draw any conclusion from it.
2. Maul didn't win, he exploited the intervention of the Mandos and ran away.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 10:44 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by cs_zoltan

which tcw episode season i dont recall

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 11:24 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by redpill
which tcw episode season i dont recall

Neither. Son of Dathomir comic.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 11:26 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Neither. Son of Dathomir comic.
ok is it worth reading good story? i liked dd

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 11:47 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

> says don't make assumptions
> makes several

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 11:49 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by redpill
ok is it worth reading good story? i liked dd

I'm not a comic book fan, but yeah it was good (would've been a lot better in TCW though).

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 11:50 PM
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
> makes several

Make an actual argument (if you are capable of that) or stop bothering me.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 11:52 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

That you're hypocritical as ****? Pretty sure that was the argument I just made. Why don't you make up an argument that actually backs up what you said against DP? I agree with much of what he said, and look forward to you actually making a point yourself.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 12:01 AM
cs_zoltan

That you're hypocritical as ****? Pretty sure that was the argument I just made. Why don't you make up an argument that actually backs up what you said against DP? I agree with much of what he said, and look forward to you actually making a point yourself.

I already have.

If you have an actual counter for what I said, go ahead. Otherwise I'm really not interested in your trash-talking.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 12:13 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

> makes several
The fight was pretty short, and Maul did exploit an opening to run away.

Didn't think people actually treated that engagement as definitive. erm

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 12:21 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I already have.

If you have an actual counter for what I said, go ahead. Otherwise I'm really not interested in your trash-talking.

I'm not going to debate with you when DP is doing fine on his own, and my response to you would be the same as the one I'm giving to Benni. It wasn't short just because it was a few comic panels. It's a still medium, and Maul didn't "run away," because Mace, Aayla, or Clone Fodder 5 and 6 were a threat to him, so it's completely irrelevant.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 01:13 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

It was two comic panels in which we see Maul kick Aayla in the face while blocking an attack from Mace, that's all, and that tells us next to nothing other than that he can contend with them.

In the end Maul fled (because yes Mace Windu is a threat to him) after Windu was caught off guard by a missile. This too tells us very little about a pair of Mandos ability to handle Mace in a straight up engagement, in which evasion would probably be involved.

All in all we can surmise next to nothing from the fight other than 1. Maul won't be blitzed by a Windu tier duelist, even with mid-tier backup 2. a missile blowing up in your face hurts.

Nothing we didn't already know, but not much else. thumb up

Last edited by Beniboybling on Nov 14th, 2015 at 01:21 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote