KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Is all life sacred?

Is all life sacred?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't think the restriction had anything to do with posts in this thread...
see, i knew it wasnt that bad. stick out tongue

Got some good thoughts here, though from you and others. Very useful.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 04:44 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Whoa. Account restricted.

Whoa... Someone not intelligent enough to understand that not all bans are permanent. Not surprising though considering who's making that assumption. Time for me to make good on my promise I made to you on Herochat about placing you on ignore. smile

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 09:36 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm not sure we can say all life is sacred, Life is so abundant (in our planet) that it cannot be considered sacred in practice or isolated in anyway that matters. Should we cry for all the cells we shed as we grow up or are we considering cellular organisation as the basis of our valuable beliefs.

Anyways, life is so abundant that to give it a generic value would make such value pretty low. Our economics are about rarity after all.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 09:18 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^cant say i agree with life as economics analogy. But thank you.

Originally posted by Star428
Time for me to make good on my promise I made to you on Herochat about placing you on ignore. smile

Bye! yes

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 10:50 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

This is an interesting question.

Obviously there is a societal order on how we treat various forms of life. We tend to rate other living things as helpful, harmful, or neutral. In some ways this also includes other humans.

And their is an evolutionary aspect to this. If we know some snakes are poisonous in the area we live in we are going to be less likely to give any snake a chance to bite us or breed.

If we know a certain animal is helpful to us we are more likely to breed it and incorporate it into our society.

It makes sense. This also extends to plants and bacteria.

We also tend to rank forms of life and generally we always put humans at the top. Which once again makes sense. We are all humans and we can interact with each other easier. If it came down to saving a human vs a dog I think we would almost always choose the dog.

Also I tend to not like to use the word sacred but I do like to think of all life as miraculous and not from a religious standpoint. When you think about all the random factors that needed to happen for life to evolve even into bacterial form it is amazing. There I think all life is precious because all life was such an uphill battle.

Of course I can think this way because I don't have to be down in the dirt trying to survive.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 02:59 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^cant say i agree with life as economics analogy. But thank you.

It's not something I adhere to myself, but it makes sense as to why we outright refuse to admit the value of life as a society.

Economy is just an underlying logic to our social systems. It's not that life is as economics so much that economics is as life.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 03:05 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Hmm. I can sort of see that.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 03:24 PM