KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Batman, a TellTale games series

Batman, a TellTale games series
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

I downloaded episode one yesterday, but didn't play it because I worked a double and came home and slept for 13 hours. Now I'm about to go back to work on the night shift for one more night, and then I'll play it this weekend.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2016 08:42 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Any thoughts you have (spoiler free of course) would be appreciated.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2016 08:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I watched Cinemassacre's Talk About Games for this, Felt like they were expecting to get actual gameplay similar to the Arkham games for the Batman sections.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 03:50 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well, that's just silly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 03:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They too did get it for the PC first and then experiencing the issues, They then got it again for the PS4.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 04:06 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm hoping they fix it, because I really want to play it. The port is just awful; mouse, resolution and FPS issues abound. Even on Steam it was being rated pretty poorly up until a while ago.

They did release a patch today, but people are still saying it hasn't fixed all of their issues.

Our machine here is well above the minimum specs; I'm just annoyed I have to wait to spend that sweet, sweet birthday steam credit. Hoping they fix it soon, anyway.

That's crazy. Did the change the engine or something? Why would they have issues with this game on PC when all the other ones were pretty smooth.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 04:23 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by -Pr-
Any thoughts you have (spoiler free of course) would be appreciated.

Of course.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 06:04 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
That's crazy. Did the change the engine or something? Why would they have issues with this game on PC when all the other ones were pretty smooth.

I've read (though I have no confirmation) that this is the first game using a new engine, so it's experiencing a lot of issues as it "settles" so to speak.

Originally posted by Impediment
Of course.

thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 12:50 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

"A new face for Gotham"

lol

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 08:17 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Spoiler free: Episode one was pretty damn cool. Lots of mixed time between Batman and Bruce Wayne to make your choices to solidify your integrity and/or notoriety. The QTEs are a bit muddled at times, but not bad enough to ruin the combat experiences. Also, combat is incredibly like Heavy Rain, IMO.

You have the choice to be Good Batman or Bad Batman and I'm making all of the bad choices, but only concerning the handling of criminals. I'm seeing a lot of Frank Miller's All Star Batman when I "take it too far" with my actions, and I have to admit that I love it.

Can't wait for future episodes.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 08:50 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Sounds good. thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 08:50 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

That's good to hear. I was worried at first the game would stay linear and you couldn't change Batman's character at all.

Not surprised the PC version wouldn't work properly. First Arkham Origins, then Arkham Knight, and now the Telltale Series. WB really doesn't like the platform for some reason if MKX is anything to go by.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Aug 5th, 2016 at 11:16 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 11:09 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It goes back to Arkham City, sadly.

At least they eventually fixed Arkham Knight. Now they just have to fix this one.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 5th, 2016 11:43 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Still it should at least be fixed up before a release date, If they need more time with the PC version give another release date.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 02:22 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It'd be a perfect world if they did, but alas...

Anyway, I bought this, and am downloading now. Let's see how it goes...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 07:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just finished episode 1... Have to admit, I really liked it. I liked having so many choices, and how they seemed to actually matter in terms of the plot. I look forward to playing it again and seeing if there's much difference.

Though I'll probably play again anyway, just to see what would have happened had I not missed some of the QTEs.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 11:16 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

buying this next month, but is it really worth it?

as someone who loves Batman, would I enjoy playing this?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 10:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I enjoyed it. The only thing I'm dreading is having to wait between episodes. It could lose some serious momentum between now and then, but otherwise I liked it. Nice story, and I enjoyed being able to play Bruce and Batman differently.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 10:45 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

You should. It's not the traditional Batman game, and it definitely won't feel like it since everyones been used to the Arkham series for the last 6 years, and then Injustice.

But TellTale did it right. The Batman portions feel as much like Batman as they can in the gameplay setting. They even showcase how analytical he is and how he does nothing without a plan. Even showcases how physically superior he is to normal goons. And playing as Bruce is a refreshing change of pace. And there's a lot of ways things can go based on your choices.

If you like TellTale, and you like Batman, you should like this.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 10:46 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

One thing I noticed that, even with it being the kind of game it is, I felt like I had more control in playing Batman the way I wanted to than I had in even the Arkham games.

And it made me realise just how badly I've been missing out on being able to play a superhero RPG.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 10:56 PM