KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Vader in Rogue One

Vader in Rogue One
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
That is good point. But still, I agree with Lucien. For some reason they find it necessary to continuously fiddle with the stories we know. Instead of working on NEW movies, NEW content, NEW adventures.

That is what SW once was: NEW, GROUNDBREAKING... It's not been that way since ROTJ.

TPM, AOTC, ROTS weren't new? Cause they introduced a ton of new stuff, stories and so on.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 22nd, 2017 at 02:50 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 02:47 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

a shit-ton of new stuff, even. it was so dense.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes, dense, so much going on in each frame..

Originally posted by Zenwolf
TPM, AOTC, ROTS weren't new? Cause they introduced a ton of new stuff, stories and so on.

But... a lot of the same characters. But yes, new stuff.

Groundbreaking? No.

Impact on popular culture? Marginal.

Boring? Yes.

So, not quite like the OT.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 04:00 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
"Don't act so surprised, your highness; you weren't on any mercy mission this time. Several transmission were beamed to this ship by rebel spies. I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you."

Remember when it was that simple? When it seemed like Vader was some clever enforcer who knew how to suss out a problem? And how the contemptuous familiarity between Vader and Leia made it seem like they've met before and had been playing this game a while, but this time he finally caught her red-handed?

Nah f*ck that! We need an entire, over-complicated movie about this!
Stop complaining, I want my AT-ATs and I want them now.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 05:22 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Like midichlorians. And stereotypes. And proving that even really good actors can absolutely suck under the wrong conditions. And Dexter Jettster's retro 1950's space diner.

And...

And Tatooine three more times. 'Member Chewbacca? I 'member.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Stop complaining, I want my AT-ATs and I want them now.
They'll be all like "PATOOH PATOOH gotcha".

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 02:52 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 08:52 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Don't forget how original TFA was. Starkiller base was totally different than the Death Star!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Rebel95
Don't forget how original TFA was. Starkiller base was totally different than the Death Star!
Who cares ?? TFA is superior to Rogue one. Better characters, story, special effects, etc.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 04:32 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Rebel95

True. But at least it felt fresh. All I can hope is that Ep8 is gonna BE fresh. I need a SW movie that has something of its own.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 08:27 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

So, what's really the big deal that Vader can't force grab the ds plans. My guess is that he didn't even see them and was still busy killing 5 or 6 rebels, and the one in front was just lucky.

If you want to talk about the original OT Badass Vader, then I could give a few examples of his failures

-failed to shoot down Luke's ship during the trench run in anh
-failed to destroy or capture Luke in ESB
-failed to kill palpatine without dying in ROTJ

Well, those are understandable cause the force was with Luke, but hey, he wasn't perfect is right

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 09:00 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by JediRobin23
If you want to talk about the original OT Badass Vader

Vader was never supposed to be "teh Badass!" That's something that man-children and actual children like to impose because they have no sense of characterization, dynamic, tone, or pacing. It's all about "ERHMAGAWD he has lightsaber and chokes people with TK like a f*cking badass! ERMHAGAWD so cool!"

The internet made that sentiment loud enough that the filmmakers took note and added exactly that to Vader's cameo in Rogue One. They made him a generic video-game character for that minute and it's all the mindless, rabid fanboys care about. Throughout the OT, Vader was IMPLIED to be awesome and supremely dangerous per the less-is-more principle. The audience was left to infer that from the few moments in the OT when we see people look at him in fear or watch helplessly as their colleague's being strangled to death.

The entire opening scene of ANH was masterful for that. If Vader's R1 cameo was just the Mustafar scene, it would have been so fantastic. Menacing, intimidating, powerful, subtle.

But no... LIGHTSABERS! I clapped when I saw DARTH VADER! So badass!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 09:29 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yeah. Good point. Where did this total 'badass' term come from. Think your partially right, it came from the Internet. But, also from those before the internet, saying "Vader was the ultimate bad guy" in the day

I would just say Vader was a 'great character' or 'great villain' and what made Star Wars great is how he turned back to the light side.......

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 09:41 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

So, what's really the big deal that Vader can't force grab the ds plans. My guess is that he didn't even see them and was still busy killing 5 or 6 rebels, and the one in front was just lucky.

If you want to talk about the original OT Badass Vader, then I could give a few examples of his failures

-failed to shoot down Luke's ship during the trench run in anh
-failed to destroy or capture Luke in ESB
-failed to kill palpatine without dying in ROTJ

Well, those are understandable cause the force was with Luke, but hey, he wasn't perfect is right

none of those scenarios resulted in vader overlooking a painfully easy solution to achieving his goals. R1 made him look like a simple mindless attack dog for the sake of making him "badass". #NotMyVader

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah. Good point. Where did this total 'badass' term come from. Think your partially right, it came from the Internet. But, also from those before the internet, saying "Vader was the ultimate bad guy" in the day

I would just say Vader was a 'great character' or 'great villain' and what made Star Wars great is how he turned back to the light side.......
Well he is number 3 on AFI's 100 Years...100 Heroes & Villains list. But "great villain" shouldn't translate to "fighting action man" or "killer badass" or "I swing my lightsaber real fast".

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 10:06 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yes, but seeing some of Vaders killing characteristics was just cool to see. This R1 stuff did not dictate his full character.....

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 10:22 PM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Well he is number 3 on AFI's 100 Years...100 Heroes & Villains list. But "great villain" shouldn't translate to "fighting action man" or "killer badass" or "I swing my lightsaber real fast".

Awww...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 09:29 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I love how Vader's stock has fallen.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 03:11 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Darth Vader's behind Hannibal Lector and Norman Bates, there's no shame in that. Vader <3

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Darth Vader stock is about even Steven...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 06:16 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Darth Vader stock is about even Steven...
Fanboys love no matter what he does but he's just being whored out. Nothing but a whore is Vader's lot these days.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 02:36 PM