KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

Seeing this tomorrow finally.

By Stoic

Old Post May 25th, 2017 01:03 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

You lucky dog! You get to see it for the first time!

Old Post May 25th, 2017 03:36 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Saw it 3 times. It'll be awesome to see this team meeting Avengers in IW.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 04:08 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

^ 3 Times? Really?

I somehow missed the fact that you are That Kind of FanBoy Stilty.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 04:30 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yes, 3 times. Hardly a record.

While the last time you visited a theater was 13 years ago, lol.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 04:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That isn't true... I actually made it to the theater 3 or 4 times last year. Granted most of those were to Retro Nights....

Old Post May 25th, 2017 04:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

We all liked it. The forced humor was a bit much, but the first interaction with Quill and Drax was gold. I really dug the soundtrack but i'm old and knew all the songs. Hated Stallone as Starhawk. Furthest away from that character as you can get. Overall a really fun movie that everybody should enjoy.

By Stoic

Old Post May 26th, 2017 03:32 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It's Surpassed Guardians 1 and Deadpool to become the biggest superhero film that doesn't have Spider-Man, Batman or Iron Man.

Old Post May 28th, 2017 04:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
It's Surpassed Guardians 1 and Deadpool to become the biggest superhero film that doesn't have Spider-Man, Batman or Iron Man.

Goddamn, that's impressive. Never underestimate the box office power of baby Groot.

Old Post May 28th, 2017 07:39 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Or the merchandise power.

Old Post May 29th, 2017 01:10 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Zack WILL NOT be happy about this...

hahahahaha

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 29th, 2017 03:13 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

James Gunn will oversee Marvel Studios' Cosmic Universe beyond Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...ond-guardians-3

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 12:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Just saw this. It was good, not great. Not sure how I would rate it compared to the first one. Not as good I think. Found the plot to be full of STUPID to be honest. And yes. ....I am F-Ing TIRED of Credit Cut Scenes now.

Its is OLD...Stop IT!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 11:37 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Yeah I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to...

The Ego planet storyline dragged on longer than it should've, considering there was some minor plots that had the potential be more interesting.

Quill was just broody & cranky throughout the sequel. No one likes their hero to act like a brat.

And how many times did they have to milk all the jokes from the 1st?

Yeah it was funny in the first movie when Quill relates the story about thinking Yondo was going to eat him as a child.
Then he re-tells it again to Ego in the 2nd movie despite the fact that he's a grown man now & should realise it was a joke.
And then he's still dwelling on it at the end when he confronts & bonds with Yondo.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 11:41 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Big chunks of the movie seemed to have no point to it either,
and I got tired of all the "Villiains" from the last movie getting REDEEMED because of the "Power of Love" BullShit.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 03:24 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
James Gunn will oversee Marvel Studios' Cosmic Universe beyond Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...ond-guardians-3
thumb upthumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 03:38 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Better him then that jerk off whedon.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 06:21 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 07:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

^^

Yeah saw that. Good stuff all around thumb up

Old Post Aug 7th, 2017 03:59 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I rewatched this and enjoyed it more the 2nd time. The dialogue struck me as more humorous the 2nd time. My new favorite line from the film: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Rocket: You guys have issues. Quill: Of course I have issues, that's my father! (and it shows his father in his bizarre eternal transformation form.. laughing out loud

There are still some clunkier moments to the film, like Baby Groot trying to find Yondu's prototype fin. That was a joke that got a little old. And I was still a little confused as to why Drax was such a jolly fellow this time around, but overall the film is amazing and I think it's safe to say it will age well and perhaps even get better and better with more viewings. I would urge anyone who was initially disappointed by it (as I sort of was) to watch again and I think it will grow on you.

Although does anyone understand why Quill didn't have his fancy Star Lord face mask at the end to save Yondu? (He used it in space in the first film.)

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 12:21 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote