KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (108): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Not sure "small" would work in the long run, but yeah, I feel what you're saying overall, could work with Castle not being the sole focus or even prime focus at times. (edit: should prob take this to the DD thread)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I wouldn't call anyone a racist for just wanting a character's skin-color to remain true to the source material, it's just a petty thing to worry about if skin color/race isn't crucial the character. Look at it this way, I'd rather have a great actor of a different skin color than what the character traditionally is that will do the role properly, than have a 'color-correct' meh actor shit all over the role.
Why do we have to have one and not both? Vincent both LOOKS and ACTS like the Kingpin. He does a fantastic job. If he were black, sure; he'd still be great. But it wouldn't be AS accurate.

Again, I'm ALL FOR racial diversity in comics. I just don't like the lazy route that studios are taking. It's not only a slap in the face of long time fans, but it's honestly a disservice to the race replacing said character. Instead, as I said, they need to DEVELOP NEW characters of race and different genders. Put an ace writer on them and let them flourish. Don't just replace characters that have been around forever. That's lazy and pandering; and it's going to at BEST only upset a select group of people.

So yah, develop new characters and push the other established minority characters to the limelight.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:47 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Why do we have to have one and not both? Vincent both LOOKS and ACTS like the Kingpin. He does a fantastic job. If he were black, sure; he'd still be great. But it wouldn't be AS accurate.

Again, I'm ALL FOR racial diversity in comics. I just don't like the lazy route that studios are taking. It's not only a slap in the face of long time fans, but it's honestly a disservice to the race replacing said character. Instead, as I said, they need to DEVELOP NEW characters of race and different genders. Put an ace writer on them and let them flourish. Don't just replace characters that have been around forever. That's lazy and pandering; and it's going to at BEST only upset a select group of people.

So yah, develop new characters and push the other established minority characters to the limelight.

Never said both would be a problem. Just that in some cases skin color is largely irrelevant to the character. Kingpin was an example.

Again, my example in using Kingpin was that I don't think the studio was race-pandering to anyone in this specific case. MCD physically fit the role aside from skin color, but as noted above, KP's race/color is largely irrelevant to the character. Now if KP were traditionally a Mafia or Yakuza mob boss, I could see where not casting (or at least passable) an Italian or Japanese actor would be a problem.

I'm sure they're have been cases where a non-white actor was cast for a traditionally white character for no other reason than "look, we're diverse". None come to mind, but I imagine it does and has happened.

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 25th, 2016 at 09:37 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 09:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Robtard
Just that in some cases skin color is largely irrelevant to the character. Kingpin was an example.
I don't vehemently disagree, though I don't necessarily agree either. That being said, Deadshot being black, Heimdall being black, etc etc....it's not the end of the world. I still don't necessarily like it though. I feel that the truer to the characters the better. I'm just old school that way.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 10:16 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

My concern with Deadshot is that it's Will Smith, tbh. He's done some good roles here and there, but he also can't help being Will Smith in almost every role.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 10:32 PM
Silent Master

He does seem to play the same character, but consider what happens when he doesn't, we get "Cypher Raige".

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 10:35 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I'm all for a Wonder Woman movie, but I just hope they dont spend most of the flick on the island so that it comes across as a Spartacus or Ben-Hur deal. Get her origin out of the way and get her into the normal populace as soon as possible.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 10:48 PM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Silent Master
He does seem to play the same character, but consider what happens when he doesn't, we get "Cypher Raige".

Good point, but not being Will Smith has also giving us Paul (Six Degrees of Separation) and Chris Gardner (The Pursuit of Happyness), arguably his two best performances and solid performances they were, though Will Smith did poke his head out in TPoH a little.

He was also decent in I Am Legend, imo, even though that was an abortion to Matheson's source material and Will Smith did poke his head out in the Shrek scene.

So Smith has the potential to give us a good Deadshot, I'm just not banking on it, I'm expecting to see Will Smith again.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 11:01 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Inhuman
(please log in to view the image)

Gotta agree. The lack of diversity is absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, where are the men?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 11:04 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by ares834
Gotta agree. The lack of diversity is absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, where are the men?
laughing Nice.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 11:25 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

thumb up

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 11:27 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Death by snu snu, every last one of them

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 11:29 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Looking forward to this, 2017 is going to be a good year for films

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 11:29 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Just give them a cherry jollyrancher and everything will be okay!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 11:34 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yah, I'm sick to death of this shit. One reason I'm boycotting Marvel comics atm (not the movies just the comics)

Better not be all their comics

do have some other good books out besides the Thor book....if that's what your referring to (not that i have a problem with it)

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 11:41 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Just give them a cherry jollyrancher and everything will be okay!
That was awful but the masterminds in the dcu love their jolly ranchers.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 03:08 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

laughing out loud

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 03:55 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I still feel like DC missed a real opportunity....

don't.......hurt...........me.....................................................

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 02:47 PM
tkitna

I still feel like DC missed a real opportunity....

don't.......hurt...........me.....................................................

Not really. I think Gadot looks just like her.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 03:30 PM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Hopefully Gal will be nude in Wonder Woman

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 12:42 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote