KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 99 100 [101] 102 103 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Or perhaps Bran is weakening the dragons somehow so he can warg into one of them with greater ease. Like a dragon roofie.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 11:30 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
Like a dragon roofie.

I didn't think it was possible, but you just made GoT even more rapey than it already was lol. laughing

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 12:12 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Would be hard to pinpoint who would poison them. Sansa clearly doens't care for the whole arrangement, but I highly doubt she'd try and eliminate two such valuable assets in the coming war, especially considering her home and people are on the line.

I think she is a suspect as well. She certainly wasn't thrilled at the sight of them, and there was that line "what do dragons eat". I know at face value this means nothing, but GoT writing has always been saturated with foreshadowing, hints, and double meaning (with some red herrings thrown in of course)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 12:44 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I think she is a suspect as well. She certainly wasn't thrilled at the sight of them, and there was that line "what do dragons eat". I know at face value this means nothing, but GoT writing has always been saturated with foreshadowing, hints, and double meaning (with some red herrings thrown in of course)

That's very possible. Especially with the food comment, like you mentioned. The priority of feeding an army of her own people versus feeding a pair of dragons that belong to someone she doesn't appear to care for at all. Plus, she hasn't actually seen them in proper combat action (at least not that I can recall, but feel free to correct me if I am just having a brainfart and forgetting something), so she'd have to weigh up their worth in a battle versus the soldiers, without that info. So, yeah, she might not actually consider them worth what they might cost everyone else.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Apr 19th, 2019 at 01:00 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 12:58 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Maybe the dragons are just sad? You see in the animal kingodm all the time that the death of a family member can seriously impact how the remaining ones behave. Seeing their brother get impaled out of the sky by a giant spear might have just really made Drogon and Rhaegal down in the dragon dumps.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 01:14 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Also agree with this.

Kind of hard to blame Sansa, either. Dany comes in like she owns the place, casually dismisses her very real concern for her armies provisioning (I guess this "Queen of the people" doesn't care if the rank and file starve? Maybe a non combatant gets roasted alive, as happened once already?)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 02:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Seriously?

Yes.

George Lucas helped direct Game of Thrones’ season 8 premiere

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 03:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Explains why the dialogue was so shit this episode.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 06:16 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^Shit writers.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 12:55 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

yeah you can't blame george lucas for the bad dialogue. not this time, anyway

i was left to guess which scene he directed, i would have chosen the dragon riding scene. i could just as easily see anakin and padme on those dragons, being corny and romantically dry as a bone. (at least their kissing was convincing in this one, though)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Apr 21st, 2019 at 12:58 AM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 12:56 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

New episode leaked. Watching it. Seems similar to the first (meetups, politics, planning, etc).

Last edited by Inhuman on Apr 21st, 2019 at 06:56 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 06:54 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Episode 3 and beyond will be more action for the most part I assume.
Ep 2 was ok, but like I said more of the same like episode 1.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: A scene with Arya everyone was dying to see and the ending reveal about Jon being a Targaryen to Dany and then immediately after the white walkers arrived at Winterfell.

Last edited by Inhuman on Apr 21st, 2019 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 07:47 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by samhain
^Shit writers.

Are you trying to imply that there has been a drop in standards from say Littlefinger's "the realm" speech to Varys compared with Grand Maester Pycelle's fart joke and Euron's finger in the bum line?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 09:35 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Explains why the dialogue was so shit this episode.

That wildfire, it gets everywhere...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 01:58 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

That was fkn terrible timing on Jons part. I half expected the next scene to be Dany taking her forces and abandoning them all there. Thank god for that thrice horn blow.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 02:16 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Decent episode.

Brienne being knighted was a nice momment.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 06:04 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

That was an amazing episode. The excellent payoff to so many character arcs was so great that it has single-handedly earned my forgiveness for all of the series past bad writing. I am so hyped for Battle of Winterfell!

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 01:49 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not sure if it's just more shit writing and characters being written to be retards again, or if they foreshadowed that both dragons die in the war. During Jamie's interrogation, they mention that Cersie now has the power to defeat whomever survives in the North due to her 20,000 strong Golden Company.

A single dragon could burn a thousand and break their will in a few passes.

Better episode than the first though.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 04:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

People were saying only Targaryens can ride dragons so then is the Night King a Targaryen?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 05:02 PM
ares834

Obviously not. Plus he isn’t riding a dragon but a dracolich. Get you’re D&D terms right.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 05:14 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote