KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman/Silver Surfer (levels)

Superman/Silver Surfer (levels)
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zom1967
When they where in a Dc/Marvel crossover superman was damed impressed by the Surfer`s ability to restore metropolis to it`s real size.But the surfer never hardly uses his super speed like superman to beat an opponent(the Surfer should be able to rain a 1,000 blows on Thor easy,yet it never happens).Superman seems stronger,the surfer a better energy manipulator.So these two would be an awesome match up,Surfer wins 6/10 only because I`m a Marvel zombie.

Surfer is supposed to more or less be a pacifist. But the real explanation is just PIS. There are a few times he does use his speed in the way he realistically should, but he doesn't always. But he has just so many ways of dealing with situations I can see why writers don't always have him use it.

If you see how easily he destroys planets with energy, you'd think if he really wanted to he could infuse his body with enough cosmic strength to surpass Superman.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 11:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Captain Atom has Surfers Powers And Superman Level Strength Speed and Durability. At least in Injustice DCnU

Eh, normally Cap isn't on Surfer's level. Though when he's in the Quantum Field or whatever the hell it is, he certainly surpasses him. His Monarch versions also are pretty potent.

I don't think normally he is above even Superman..I would see the fight more or less going like it did in the JLU animated series.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 16th, 2016 at 11:36 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 11:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by Surtur
I don't think normally he is above even Superman..I would see the fight more or less going like it did in the JLU animated series.

The 2 fights i hated the most in JLU was that one and Supes vs Billy(Shazam).

Cap's punches alone would do decent damage to Superman. Hes in that range. The fact that he amped them to red sun punches shouldve done even more. I cringe everytime i see those fights. Supes didnt even look like he was in battle.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 01:04 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jrodslam
The 2 fights i hated the most in JLU was that one and Supes vs Billy(Shazam).

Cap's punches alone would do decent damage to Superman. Hes in that range. The fact that he amped them to red sun punches shouldve done even more. I cringe everytime i see those fights. Supes didnt even look like he was in battle.

Red sun energy didn't sap him as quickly as it does in perhaps the comics. Plus he's f*cking Superman. That is the thing, even weakened he is *still* better then you. Captain Marvel found that out as well. In some ways it was just awesome. I guess because it made up for his being nerfed in the first 2 seasons of the Justice League cartoon.

It's especially hilarious when he beats down Captain Marvel because Cap looks all messed up at the end and Supes only really gets damaged by magic lightning to the chest, but before that even his hair wasn't messed up and Captain Marvel was obviously hurt.

It's how I like to see him written. His best super power is "f*ck you I'm Superman".

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 17th, 2016 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 01:15 AM
jrodslam

Red sun energy didn't sap him as quickly as it does in perhaps the comics. Plus he's f*cking Superman. That is the thing, even weakened he is *still* better then you. Captain Marvel found that out as well. In some ways it was just awesome. I guess because it made up for his being nerfed in the first 2 seasons of the Justice League cartoon.

It's especially hilarious when he beats down Captain Marvel because Cap looks all messed up at the end and Supes only really gets damaged by magic lightning to the chest, but before that even his hair wasn't messed up and Captain Marvel was obviously hurt.

It's how I like to see him written. His best super power is "f*ck you I'm Superman".

Haha! I get you, but in actuality, it shouldnt be that way. Now with the JLU, i did understand that Cap was a Superman fanboy and didnt really want to fight initially. But yea, they made his ass waay to "super" in those 2 fights. I was looking at them like "what the hell?". Its one thing if their strength isnt in the ball park, then i could see him overpowering them. But that coupled with the weakness exploit and thes not even scratched or bleeding? C'mon man. laughing out loud

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 01:29 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

For me when I think of the term "flying brick" I just think of a super strong guy who can fly. Which Superman is much more then that yes.

The problem with Superman vs Silver Surfer is the Silver Surfer tends to have the powers of a flying brick...added onto a whole list of other stuff having to do with energy manipulation.

You could almost say that Silver Surfer can more or less do anything Superman can..plus a bunch of other shit. Some people really don't like to hear that, but meh.

Haha, no. Surfer has superstrength but he wishes he was anywhere near Superman.

Just this week Thing got better of him in h2h.

erm

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 02:46 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by riv6672
I do to, except when they put words in my mouth.

You can nit pick the wording or answer the spirit of the thread, your call. I know Superman is a touchy subject...for some. wink

I was talking to Stilt more than you.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
love

You and me. Tomorrow. Same hotel as usual. K?

You know it.

Eh, normally Cap isn't on Surfer's level. Though when he's in the Quantum Field or whatever the hell it is, he certainly surpasses him. His Monarch versions also are pretty potent.

Thanks for watching my (admittedly rocky) channel. thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 02:50 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Originally posted by zom1967
When they where in a Dc/Marvel crossover superman was damed impressed by the Surfer`s ability to restore metropolis to it`s real size.But the surfer never hardly uses his super speed like superman to beat an opponent(the Surfer should be able to rain a 1,000 blows on Thor easy,yet it never happens).Superman seems stronger,the surfer a better energy manipulator.So these two would be an awesome match up,Surfer wins 6/10 only because I`m a Marvel zombie.
Surfer can't rain a thousand blows on anyone because his speed is in his board, not him.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 02:51 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

By level,both are at the same Level. By type,surfer can do what superman can(generally speaking off course,not that their physical strength are equal) and has tons of other powers added on,

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 04:16 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Re: Re: Superman/Silver Surfer (levels)

Okay I'm confused because I was agreeing with you about him being THE flying brick and all that. I wasn't just randomly trying to say how awesome Superman is.

Yeah, i just meant that seems to be what everyone wants threads in the Vs forum to be.
My calling Supes a flying brick isn't an insult, and instead of just replying to the thread, its "your wording is not apropos to the greatness that is..." Yadda yadda.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 05:30 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

You should be used to that by now,lolz

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 06:36 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Genii96
You should be used to that by now,lolz

stick out tongue

Silver Surfer level (type) characters?

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by riv6672 on Apr 17th, 2016 at 10:20 AM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 10:17 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by riv6672
stick out tongue

Silver Surfer level (type) characters?

Naw. Only to some extent. I know Firestorm and Atom dont have cosmic awareness. Maybe Super Atom(forgot him name. been too long). Energy/matter manipulation. Also, they arent as durable. Firestorm isnt for sure. Nor as fast. Is the second pic Dr.Manhattan? If so, hed be up there. Id put him above Surfer but hey. Dont know who the last person is.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 03:15 PM
riv6672

His name is Takion. He was a New God.

And yeah, they dont match SS power for power, but they share more in common with him than Superman, i believe.

Last edited by riv6672 on Apr 17th, 2016 at 04:52 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 04:47 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend

erm

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 05:07 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah abhi started a fun troll thread over at HC with the scans. It kind if segued into a discussion of whether Mike Allred's art is any good.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 06:54 PM
zom1967

Originally posted by lawest9
Surfer can't rain a thousand blows on anyone because his speed is in his board, not him.
Thats an interesting point,I would think he could charge his body with the power cosmic so if his board was going near light speed his body movements would speed up so he could still control his board.But I have no proof of this off the top of my head.however with his varied power set i think he could pull it off.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 06:58 PM
zom1967 is currently offline Click here to Send zom1967 a Private Message Find more posts by zom1967 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zom1967

Surfer is supposed to more or less be a pacifist. But the real explanation is just PIS. There are a few times he does use his speed in the way he realistically should, but he doesn't always. But he has just so many ways of dealing with situations I can see why writers don't always have him use it.

If you see how easily he destroys planets with energy, you'd think if he really wanted to he could infuse his body with enough cosmic strength to surpass Superman.
I think he could amp his strength to near supes level,and having ben grimm give him a fight is just bad writing.But like you said the writers have a tough time sometimes because of his power set making other characters look good against him.Like with classic supes,it came to the point that they had to de-power him as he was almost impossible to beat.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 07:18 PM
zom1967 is currently offline Click here to Send zom1967 a Private Message Find more posts by zom1967 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend

erm

Okay that is some embarrassing shit for Silver Surfer, I'll give you that.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 10:27 PM
jrodslam

Okay that is some embarrassing shit for Silver Surfer, I'll give you that.

You think so? Surfer isnt known to be the powerhouse slugger. Not saying that he cant be, but its not common for him to be slugging it out with ppl. Thing is no slouch either.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 10:47 PM