KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ikaris vs Captain Marvel (Billy)

Ikaris vs Captain Marvel (Billy)
Started by: CosmicComet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CosmicComet

Ikaris vs Captain Marvel (Billy)

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

Pre-flashpoint Billy here.

I thought this would be a nice scrap.

Last edited by CosmicComet on May 24th, 2016 at 03:57 AM

Old Post May 24th, 2016 03:55 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Captain Marvel stomps.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 24th, 2016 03:56 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Captain Marvel stomps.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 04:00 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ikaris is pretty awesome but i dont believe he can put CM down. Good fight though.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 04:01 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Stomps? Are you two for real?

Old Post May 24th, 2016 04:03 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Posters here believe all fights are won by stomp.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 04:06 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yes, why not?

Old Post May 24th, 2016 04:06 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Case in point

Old Post May 24th, 2016 04:07 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

This isn't a stomp. It would actually be a great fight to see.

Billy's stronger and faster, yet Ikaris has way more options. Whether any of those are enough to net him the win is another matter, however.

I might tentatively call this a split.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:31 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

I already know that there a vast strength difference between the two, other powers however.............

Old Post May 24th, 2016 06:53 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Martian_mind
This isn't a stomp. It would actually be a great fight to see.

Billy's stronger and faster, yet Ikaris has way more options. Whether any of those are enough to net him the win is another matter, however.

I might tentatively call this a split.

laughing out loud

Old Post May 24th, 2016 07:13 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I cant see this being a split. OR a stomp.

More of a good fight that is still won decisively by one character.
A splomp, if you will.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 09:49 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by riv6672
I cant see this being a split. OR a stomp.

More of a good fight that is still won decisively by one character.
A splomp, if you will.

Yeah, that's pretty much the reason I said 'tentative'.

What are Billy's feats for TP resistance?

Old Post May 24th, 2016 09:58 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

He's been controlled, like the majority of characters in comics.
Heck, one of his funnest enemies is named Mr. Mind!

Shouldnt really be an issue here, as Ikaris' powers are listed as low level psychic abilities, enabling him to scan the superficial thoughts of any mind less adept than his own, mentally create illusions to disguise himself, psionically manipulate atoms and molecules so as to transform an object's shape, and rearrange molecules to form shields.
He's not going to mind control CM.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 10:24 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

He has shown that he is capable of feats beyond that description, however, one which is explicitly mind control.

http://imgur.com/WtKYuMF
http://imgur.com/YQMqxmG

He's erased someone's memory as well.

http://imgur.com/J8Z0kEy

Now, I have no idea what Cap's feats of TP resistance are, so I'm simply wondering if he has any to suggest he could resist either of those.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:48 AM
riv6672

I already said he's been mind controlled. (Why) do you need me to keep saying it?

Quite famously in Kingdom Come, which i find it hard to believe you havent read or at least have familiarity with. If you (actually) havent read it you should.

As for those feats you posted, both are cool, but neither was in a combat situation, as these forum fights are. They also start at a fair distance, and willing to wager on the stronger faster character not just standing around.

I also dont see the scans as putting Ikaris on a TP level with Mr. Mind, The Gray Man, Johnny Sorrow/Despero and The 7 Deadly sins, all of which have controlled CM (and others simultaneously).

Last edited by riv6672 on May 24th, 2016 at 12:16 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:06 PM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

I'm not asking you for a list of people who've controlled him. I know he's been controlled. I'm asking if he's ever actually resisted an attempt, which is a very different thing. That so many people have succeeded actually suggests that this is a viable tactic for Ikaris. If Cap has never actively resisted mind control, then this becomes Ikaris' fight to lose. Yes, those examples are not a combat setting, but neither seemed to cause him much strain. It's entirely possible that he could pull it off, especially if Cap is as vulnerable to mind control as any average human.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:25 PM
riv6672

He's resisted all those mind control instances i listed. He wound up getting almost KOd by J'onn J'onzz in the case of The Gray Man, and sacrificed himself in KC. And again, i'm not putting Ikaris on the level of those characters based on those scans.
This is going to come down to a fight (imo), and CM will win it after a good go-round.

Last edited by riv6672 on May 24th, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:37 PM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Was the resistance successful? I've read most of those showings, and IIRC it was an outside source that finally allowed him to shake it off. As it currently stands, I've seen no feats to suggest Cap has enough TP resistance to repel even a minor assault on his own, which means Ikaris should be fully capable of controlling him.

Agee to disagree, however. If you think Cap wins, that's cool. I even said I believe it would be a split. Should someone have proof that Cap is capable of repelling mental attacks on his own, however, that would obviously change.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:46 PM
riv6672

quote:
Was the resistance successful?

Thats why i mentioned the instances.

Again, this fight isnt going to be decided by mind control. CM has faced, been controlled by, and resisted better.
Below is a better scan of the Gray Man feat, not so much for you at this point, but because i spent time searching for it so i want to use it.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:58 PM