KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ikaris vs Captain Marvel (Billy)

Ikaris vs Captain Marvel (Billy)
Started by: CosmicComet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Kingdom Come aint canon riv

Old Post May 24th, 2016 01:00 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Neither is Marvel Vs DC but its been cited here pretty recently. wink

If you want, you can ignore the non canon Mr. Mind feat. I'll understand.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 01:02 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

With the Grey man feat, J'onn was explicitly attacking Grey man's control with his own TP, so that's a no-show for Billy as well.

Sorry man, but so far we're still at the point where Billy has no real showings of TP resistance.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 01:07 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672

Citing non canon shit doesn't make it valid though boo. Whoever did that was probably a troll. Don't stoop to their level

Old Post May 24th, 2016 01:09 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^I'd have to stoop pretty low to reach the level of the two guys i'm thinking of, as mine was an honest mistake, while they did it quite purposefully stick out tongue

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Sorry man, but so far we're still at the point where Billy has no real showings of TP resistance.

In your opinion.

In mine we're at the point where the feTs you posted arent combat feats, and CM isnt going to just stand there.

Last edited by riv6672 on May 24th, 2016 at 01:20 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2016 01:18 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

With the Grey man feat, J'onn was explicitly attacking Grey man's control with his own TP, so that's a no-show for Billy as well.

He was explicitly resisting the Gray Man:

http://i.imgur.com/HMzm1Lx.jpg

Wisdom of Solomon sees through illusions:
http://i.imgur.com/HSrhbMC.jpg

Old Post May 24th, 2016 01:24 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Technically Marvel vs DC is canon to Marvel but not to DC. That's that particular context for that sometimes being brought up. But even then you have a bit of a too and throw about that. Whereas Kingdom Come is separate.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 01:43 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

This isn't a stomp. It would actually be a great fight to see.

Billy's stronger and faster, yet Ikaris has way more options. Whether any of those are enough to net him the win is another matter, however.

I might tentatively call this a split.

thumb up

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 01:56 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He was explicitly resisting the Gray Man:

http://i.imgur.com/HMzm1Lx.jpg

Wisdom of Solomon sees through illusions:
http://i.imgur.com/HSrhbMC.jpg

Yet he's still struggling to break it, even with Manhunter's help. That's hardly a great feat. Remember, Ikaris doesn't need to control him forever to win. The guy's gone toe-to-toe with the likes of Hercules, Red Hulk and Namor. If he can keep Marvel docile for any stretch of time, he can put him down.

None of the scans I posted were illusions, so that doesn't help him either. Basically, all I want is a showing of him mentally overpowering a telepath of note who is trying to control him, without outside help or influence. If someone can show that, we can move past this point.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 02:03 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
Captain Marvel stomps.

You can't be serious.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 02:28 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yet he's still struggling to break it, even with Manhunter's help. That's hardly a great feat. Remember, Ikaris doesn't need to control him forever to win. The guy's gone toe-to-toe with the likes of Hercules, Red Hulk and Namor. If he can keep Marvel docile for any stretch of time, he can put him down.

None of the scans I posted were illusions, so that doesn't help him either. Basically, all I want is a showing of him mentally overpowering a telepath of note who is trying to control him, without outside help or influence. If someone can show that, we can move past this point.

So this^

Funny how people are so quick to give flying brick characters free passes when it comes to mind control.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 02:32 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Hmmmmm......when Ikaris fought Namor, Rogers and Jim wasnt he under mind control? I cant remember the specifics some kinda god control thing

Old Post May 24th, 2016 05:47 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Yes

Old Post May 24th, 2016 05:48 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hmmmmm......when Ikaris fought Namor, Rogers and Jim wasnt he under mind control? I cant remember the specifics some kinda god control thing

Yep he was. This specific form of control worked effectively on any being defined as a "god". And Cap does hint in the fight that the Kree could take over Hercules and even Thor or "Some lost god of Saturn".

Although Ikaris was fighting the control and thereby holding himself back slightly.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 05:59 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Yea great scene

Old Post May 24th, 2016 07:13 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
So this^

Funny how people are so quick to give flying brick characters free passes when it comes to mind control.

Not a free pass for Billy, just not a free pass for Ikaris.
Because he was shown to mind control (and not even deep mind control, but mind cintrol where the person is still self aware in one case) Hank Pym and some one other character, doesnt put Ikarus in the same league as (canon) Mr. Mind, Gray Man or Despero.

Thats like me going into a thread saying Luke Cage can beat Doomsday because he's punched out Ironclad.
Both Cage and Superman have super strength, so it makes sense, right? They're automatically in the same league.
I'd be (rightly) laughed off the site.

No, just because Ikaris has shown sime low level TP doesnt mean its going to be enough to take out CM, who has resisted, one way or another, way way more powerful mind control.

Thats my stance, and i wont beat it into the ground any further.
Someone wants to make a case on a physical battle, i'm all ears. Mind control? Done and done for me.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 08:38 PM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Fair enough, although at this stage your logic is questionable, IMO. You have provided no examples of CM successfully repelling mind control. All you've shown is that it happens to him very often, and he always fails to break free without some form of aid. The constant is that he is always vulnerable to these mental assaults, not that he overcomes them. Therefore, it is entirely reasonable to assume that Ikaris will be able to overcome him telepathically.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 12:32 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cap is way faster though, he has some rather impressive speed feats. Like one where he writes huge letters across the entire country very quickly..or something like that.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 12:54 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

What exactly did he write?!?

Old Post May 25th, 2016 04:33 AM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not a free pass for Billy, just not a free pass for Ikaris.
Because he was shown to mind control (and not even deep mind control, but mind cintrol where the person is still self aware in one case) Hank Pym and some one other character, doesnt put Ikarus in the same league as (canon) Mr. Mind, Gray Man or Despero.

Thats like me going into a thread saying Luke Cage can beat Doomsday because he's punched out Ironclad.
Both Cage and Superman have super strength, so it makes sense, right? They're automatically in the same league.
I'd be (rightly) laughed off the site.

No, just because Ikaris has shown sime low level TP doesnt mean its going to be enough to take out CM, who has resisted, one way or another, way way more powerful mind control.

Thats my stance, and i wont beat it into the ground any further.
Someone wants to make a case on a physical battle, i'm all ears. Mind control? Done and done for me.

Distorting ones mind during a fight is a HUGE advantage. If I can inhibit your sense to clock you, you are in big trouble. It doesn't have to be flat out mind control.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 01:28 AM