KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Spider-Man (PS4)

Spider-Man (PS4)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

QTEs with shoulder buttons as well. That's painfully annoying.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 02:22 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

QTE's aside, seems like a decent enough experience like a solid Batman Arkham. Considering this.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 02:28 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Going to put those previous games from Beenox to shame this new one

good to see Mr Negative is getting some love too.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jun 13th, 2017 at 03:32 AM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 03:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

This looked solid tbh

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 04:20 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You might as well call it Spiderman Asylum.

Which isn't a bad thing though....it's just nothing to get excited about.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 01:51 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Unless of course your a big fan of Spider-Man.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 02:26 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The QTE's make sense, considering how Spidey uses so much of the environment in his fighting style. How else would they incorporate that into the game?

And if anything, Arkham was based of Spidey's fighting style in the first place. Just Arkham did it well in a game.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 02:30 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Spider-Man 2 did it over 15 years ago. I'm sorry, but QTEs are boring. They are fine for big epic moments in a boss fight but that's about the extent of it. I'd rather Spidey's fighting style be "wrong" and have no or minimal QTEs then what it is now.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 02:51 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, I'm mixed on this. Could give this game a go, could pass on it... Still glad though Spider-Man got a game built from the ground-up even though there's no denying he had some great movie-licensed ones, but this could still have a bit more to it based on what was shown so far.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 03:56 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm on board with what Insomiac has done with the game, Might even be a day 1 buy.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 03:42 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly think it looks fine. A lot of QTEs sure, but I imagine they're only doing that to make the game look intense or epic.

And in combat? The Arkham games are just heavily dressed up QTEs themselves, so I really don't mind the way it's portrayed here.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 10:28 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Unless of course your a big fan of Spider-Man.

Game looks solid to me. Hoping it works out. I haven't had fun with a Spidey game since Spider-Man 2(movie....dont remember which one) for PS2

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 18th, 2017 06:06 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Pretty good trailer story focused, though it's starting to look like Mr. Negative is going to be the main villain in the game. I kind of hope not. I hope they're just showcasing the hell out of a specific act or villain. I like Mr. Negative but Spidey has much better villains in his gallery.

On the plus side, we got to see Shocker! His costume looks a little weird there. A helmet replaces the mask, there's spikes on the ends of his gauntlets, and he just looks more armored than usual (which kind of defeats the purpose of Shockers original outfit). Still, I always love me some Herman.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 07:43 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I also forgot to mention Osborn as Mayor condemning Kingpin and praising Spidey (or Li, maybe?) for his bravery. That made me lol a little. I hope we get to take him down.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 08:13 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The web swinging looks great. Also, we get a shot of the classic suit at 20 seconds, thank god. This new suit has grown on me but ill switch it out for classic ASAP.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 11:21 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Also they're announcing the release date tomorrow. This game looks really fun, hope it doesn't disappoint.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 05:19 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Looks like a load of fun and I’ll definitely be buying this title.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Apr 4th, 2018 at 03:23 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 12:14 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The release date is September 7th

I was hoping for summer but thats not bad.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 04:07 PM
Arachnid1

Here's a link to the full gameinformer article for anyone that wants to give it a read
https://imgur.com/a/EFj6h

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 10:42 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The graphics in this game looks really impressive, especially for a game with large environments like this. I wonder if the game will actually look like that upon release or if we'll see another downgrade controversy.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 11:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote