KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Dreadnought vs Star Destroyer

Dreadnought vs Star Destroyer
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Merchant

All Wong did was quantify the scenes into actual scientific values using low ends to boot. Even without the numbers vaporizing asteroids is something that would hurt the Enterprise badly considering that I never really saw anything impressive in terms of durability in the 2nd film. Also believe it or not ISD's are faster considering they can keep up with their fighters and the Falcon and those have comparable speeds to X wings which we saw be able to travel the distance between Yavin IV and the Death Star in minutes at most and they got faster in combat.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:46 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quanchi, if your response to people requesting that you actually explain why the figures are bunk beyond just calling them "imaginary" and "made up" is to just advertise your "battle dome", you should just leave and come back when you want to actually debate. Nobody expects you to have something so fantastic in store that they'd be engrossed or left salivating by your tap dancing.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:49 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
quanchi, if your response to people requesting that you actually explain why the figures are bunk beyond just calling them "imaginary" and "made up" is to just advertise your "battle dome", you should just leave and come back when you want to actually debate. Nobody expects you to have something so fantastic in store that they'd be engrossed or left salivating by your tap dancing.
If you can't definitively prove them then they are speculatory at best. I debate based off what I can prove not what I can speculate. I saw the same thing from the Zelda supporters and watch them tap dance when I listed numerous examples which contradicted their version of Link. We see in the latest Star Wars that these force wielding maniacs aren't the unbeatable monsters Star Wars debaters would have you think but rather vulnerable both emotionally and physically.

Take Kylo Ren for instance. In one scene we see him easily catch Poe's blaster bolt but in another scene he can't even evade a light saber slash from Finn of all people. What makes matters worse is he was definitively crushed by a stormtrooper despite the fact he wielded the Lightsaber. This is the same custodial piece of shit that grazed Kylo's shoulder in combat. Before you say well he was injured by Chewie's shot let me stop you. Of course he was but it didn't limit his movement to the point this noob with a Lightsaber got into the proximity of his deltoid region. Fiction is all over the map and fan calcing feats is beyond ridiculous and a waste of time.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:56 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Finn is implied in outside sources to be an excellent Stormtrooper tbh.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:58 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Kylo was toying with Finn and had him on his *** in just one blow, he could have finished him but just swung his lightsaber around as if to mock him. The minute he was hit, he ended the fight instantly, implying he could have done it at any time, which seems true considering he had Finn on the ground in just one blow at the beginning.

Another thing, I'm still not getting the logic of people thinking Storms are terrible, this makes 0 sense from a Universe perspective.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 30th, 2016 at 03:04 AM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Merchant
Finn is implied in outside sources to be an excellent Stormtrooper tbh.
In the film he's clumsy, cowardly and unsure of himself. I'm not saying he's a pile of shit I'm saying based off how posters argue the force works he shouldn't be able to injure Kylo Ren. The stormtrooper beating his ass really lowered his stock and thereby Kylo's. I get that his training isn't complete and expect him to be much more formidable in the next film but that showing even made me sick.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:03 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Kylo was toying with Finn and had him on his *** in just one blow, he could have finished him but just swung his lightsaber around as if to mock him. The minute he was hit, he ended the fight instantly, implying he could have done it at any time, which seems true considering he had Finn on the ground in just one blow at the beginning.

Another thing, I'm still not getting the logic of people thinking Storms are terrible, this makes 0 sense from a Universe perspective.
The storms countless failures in the films and in the animated series. Granted they were far more competent in this film by the opening scene alone but Kylo should absolutely maul an inexperienced guy in a Lightsaber fight. The grazing was bad.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:05 AM
The Merchant

He got shot and was mentally unstable that in the novel even said he wasn't able to use his force powers normally, plus the bowcaster also weakened him. Not to mention that Bowcaster flung stormtroopers across the sky while he withstood it in place. Despite that he was able to send Rey flying several feet in the air. Although that more than likely hampered him more since he used a good amount of his reserves.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:05 AM
quanchi112
Disney

He got shot and was mentally unstable that in the novel even said he wasn't able to use his force powers normally, plus the bowcaster also weakened him. Not to mention that Bowcaster flung stormtroopers across the sky while he withstood it in place. Despite that he was able to send Rey flying several feet in the air. Although that more than likely hampered him more since he used a good amount of his reserves.
I already noted the injury but as I said his mobility and movement wasn't seriously affected at that point. Hell, even with the shoulder grazing he still fought on until Rey's oneness moment. At certain times the bowcaster flung and certain times it didn't fling other storms. Fiction. Inconsistent.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:07 AM
The Merchant

The guy had to constantly bash his side to be able to suppress the pain and again he also wasn't mentally stable either. Finn hitting him was luck on his part and that wouldn't have happened if he fought the guy any earlier point in the movie. Kylo would have just stunned him and possibly Rey at the same time. The bowcaster always brought the troopers off their feet at the very least.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:09 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by quanchi112
The storms countless failures in the films and in the animated series. Granted they were far more competent in this film by the opening scene alone but Kylo should absolutely maul an inexperienced guy in a Lightsaber fight. The grazing was bad.

Except the Storms failed all of....what...1 time in the films? With heavy circumstances?

Except Kylo did maul Finn, he had him on the ground right in the beginning of the fight, let him get up, then casually dodged Finn's attacks, twirling his lightsaber, treating Finn as a joke and then ended the fight after getting grazed.

Anyway, me thinks we be treading off topic here.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:12 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The guy had to constantly bash his side to be able to suppress the pain and again he also wasn't mentally stable either. Finn hitting him was luck on his part and that wouldn't have happened if he fought the guy any earlier point in the movie. Kylo would have just stunned him and possibly Rey at the same time. The bowcaster always brought the troopers off their feet at the very least.
He suppressed the pain or used it as motivation. Says you. All we have are the film facts so he did injure him. The point is the bowcaster didn't always hit with the same impressive force. The sooner fans realize things don't have to add up the easier it gets.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:17 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

It is true the Avenger was using point defense weapons. The Falcon would have easily went down to a HTL.

Impulse speeds vary widely in Trek but it's easily as fast as Star Wars sublight.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:19 AM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Except the Storms failed all of....what...1 time in the films? With heavy circumstances?

Except Kylo did maul Finn, he had him on the ground right in the beginning of the fight, let him get up, then casually dodged Finn's attacks, twirling his lightsaber, treating Finn as a joke and then ended the fight after getting grazed.

Anyway, me thinks we be treading off topic here.
1 time ? Are you kidding me ? Massive failures all over the place. Couldn't track Han and bring him in without Vader employing bounty hunters and treachery. Failed protecting two Death Stars. Failed on endor. I mean for ****s sake you had ewoks throwing stones on their heads.

Ren was obviously his superior but the shoulder graze with Finn's film showings still haunt me to this day.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:19 AM
The Merchant

The novel specifically said he suppressed it, the motivation thing is made up. So you think if Finn went up against Kylo earlier in the movie he would have been able to graze him? That's fine, the point is it still knocked people off its feet, something that didn't happen with Kylo. Another thing is in the Novelization Kylo also was able to deflect lightsaber strikes with his bare hands using nearly no force energies against Rey.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:20 AM
quanchi112
Disney

The novel specifically said he suppressed it, the motivation thing is made up. So you think if Finn went up against Kylo earlier in the movie he would have been able to graze him? That's fine, the point is it still knocked people off its feet, something that didn't happen with Kylo. Another thing is in the Novelization Kylo also was able to deflect lightsaber strikes with his bare hands using nearly no force energies against Rey.
I didn't read the novel and just surmised it could be motivational. I am not sure it knocked all of its victims off their feet. I may check this out now on my ps4 just to see. See in the novel that tells things we didn't see since his Lightsaber strikes were what deflected the blasts not his hands.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:26 AM
Zenwolf

1 time ? Are you kidding me ? Massive failures all over the place. Couldn't track Han and bring him in without Vader employing bounty hunters and treachery. Failed protecting two Death Stars. Failed on endor. I mean for ****s sake you had ewoks throwing stones on their heads.

Ren was obviously his superior but the shoulder graze with Finn's film showings still haunt me to this day.

Except none of those examples you said, had anything to do with Storms, that's the Imperial Navy which even then they weren't bad. The only example listed, is the Endor one, but again...heavy circumstances were against them.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:28 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Except none of those examples you said, had anything to do with Storms, that's the Imperial Navy which even then they weren't bad. The only example listed, is the Endor one, but again...heavy circumstances were against them.
Han came up with some shitty plan to easily fool the dimwits. As I said it doesn't get any worse than a primitive midget based species tossing rocks onto their heads and koing them.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:31 AM
Zenwolf

Han came up with some shitty plan to easily fool the dimwits. As I said it doesn't get any worse than a primitive midget based species tossing rocks onto their heads and koing them.

Who says they were KO'd? All we did was see them get hit and fall down before it changed scenes.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:45 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Who says they were KO'd? All we did was see them get hit and fall down before it changed scenes.
Not all but it was a really bad showing nonetheless. Primitive hairy midgets owned them.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:48 AM