KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs 1 Celestial (my added comment)

Thanos vs 1 Celestial (my added comment)
Started by: Bobandjim1260

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

What is this thread about?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 04:55 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Why is bada editing peoples post

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 05:02 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobandjim1260

What's interesting to note is that Tiamut (in a non-canon run) turned Galactus into a weapon in a similar way that Thanos did in Annihilation. I'm wondering if the writers of Annihilation took the concept of turning Galactus into a weapon from that comic. Tiamut is supposedly one of, if not the most powerful Celestials. I feel he could easily handle Galactus. Someone like Tiamut vs Thanos would be a bit different when it comes to my original rounds. Round 1 would turn into Thanos needing to teleport away immediately. Thanos would not be able to stand the onslaught of someone like Tiamut for very long. Round 2 Thanos would still win in a prep war. Given the time limit of a week and beyond. I know this sounds like I'm wanking Thanos, but my choices are not made on speculations that I've picked up from other fans. I've read enough about both the Celestials and Thanos to personally feel comfortable saying that Thanos could find a way to defeat Tiamut with a weeks prep time. As long as he never gets close enough for Tiamut to blast him, he should be fine.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 05:04 AM
Bobandjim1260 is currently offline Click here to Send Bobandjim1260 a Private Message Find more posts by Bobandjim1260 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Nah, not at all...

(please log in to view the image)

stick out tongue

I have no clue how I ever thought they were similar. laughing

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 11:23 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bobandjim1260
Your usage of the logical claim the zero limit fallacy doesn't make sense in this context. Thanos has been shown to prep and beat things greater than Celestials many times. If you want me to craft a plausible Thanos story where he stops some Celestials I could. Prep for prep masters isn't really fair. It's not a no limit fallacy. The things he couldn't take down with prep basically starts at (possibly) Eternity and Infinity, and then goes to things like The Beyonder, The Living Tribunal, and TOAA.

She likes using the no limits fallacy phrase.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 12:52 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobandjim1260

Originally posted by iceman24567
Meh i disagree with your interpretation of the Thanos vs Odin fight no expression
may I ask why you disagree with my interpretation of the Odin/ Thanos fight? I don't feel it's an interpretation as much as it is what really happened.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...rlock_25_19.jpg
Adam "Odin! We come not in..."
Thanos "Forget reasoning with this pompous buffoon, Warlock."
Thanos "Explanations can only come after we have gained Odin's undivided attention"
Odin "There is no way to talk yourself out of this situation, villain!"
Surfer "I see what you mean"

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...rlock_25_23.jpg

Moondragon "This entire enterprise has gone sour Adam! We came here to get Odin's aid in curing Thor's insanity, not start a war with Asgard."
Adam" Be it my fault Odin misunderstood our intetnions and never gave us the chance to explain?"

http://static9.comicvine.com/upload...rlock_25_24.jpg
There is a lot to quote there, but it's basically Odin talking about how he is going to make sure Thanos is dead by the end of the battle. This scan even shows Thanos's blast staggering Odin.

http://static8.comicvine.com/upload...rlock_25_35.jpg
Here, everything is explained.

Thanos was not trying to kill Odin, while the very opposite is true. This fight isn't really a good indication of how a real fight between the two would actually go down. Not to mention right before this Thanos has fought a power gem warrior madness Thor as well as several Asgardians. While I admit Thanos would have lost the battle if it had been a real fight (Odin with Odin force has done some ridiculously crazy things). However, this is far from the notion that "Thanos was going all out trying to kill Odin and Odin casually kicked Thanos's a*s". It actually suggest the opposite is true, without Thanos kicking Odin's ass. If this had been a real battle, Thanos would have had his personal force fields activated. He would also be releasing far more powerful blast than are shown here. This was also before Infinity War, where he beat and absorbed the more powerful doppelganger version of himself.
This reminds me of people getting upset that Invisible Woman beat Exitar the Exterminator while beings like Odin and Thor could barley harm a Celestial (which is also untrue, Odin cut off one's arm and Thor lodged a huge sword through Arishem's chest. Even through the regenerated). How she beat Exitar and the fact that she beat him was not the issue. She essentially destroyed his brain, severing the hyperspace link. She didn't even fully kill Exitar. The issue was that the writers randomly decided to have her powers originate from hyperspace. This would be fine if it was explained before hand that this was the case.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 05:24 PM
Bobandjim1260 is currently offline Click here to Send Bobandjim1260 a Private Message Find more posts by Bobandjim1260 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

may I ask why you disagree with my interpretation of the Odin/ Thanos fight? I don't feel it's an interpretation as much as it is what really happened.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...rlock_25_19.jpg
Adam "Odin! We come not in..."
Thanos "Forget reasoning with this pompous buffoon, Warlock."
Thanos "Explanations can only come after we have gained Odin's undivided attention"
Odin "There is no way to talk yourself out of this situation, villain!"
Surfer "I see what you mean"

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...rlock_25_23.jpg

Moondragon "This entire enterprise has gone sour Adam! We came here to get Odin's aid in curing Thor's insanity, not start a war with Asgard."
Adam" Be it my fault Odin misunderstood our intetnions and never gave us the chance to explain?"

There is a lot to quote there, but it's basically Odin talking about how he is going to make sure Thanos is dead by the end of the battle. This scan even shows Thanos's blast staggering Odin.

http://static8.comicvine.com/upload...rlock_25_35.jpg
Here, everything is explained.

Thanos was not trying to kill Odin, while the very opposite is true. This fight isn't really a good indication of how a real fight between the two would actually go down. Not to mention right before this Thanos has fought a power gem warrior madness Thor as well as several Asgardians. While I admit Thanos would have lost the battle if it had been a real fight (Odin with Odin force has done some ridiculously crazy things). However, this is far from the notion that "Thanos was going all out trying to kill Odin and Odin casually kicked Thanos's a*s". It actually suggest the opposite is true, without Thanos kicking Odin's ass. If this had been a real battle, Thanos would have had his personal force fields activated. He would also be releasing far more powerful blast than are shown here. This was also before Infinity War, where he beat and absorbed the more powerful doppelganger version of himself.
This reminds me of people getting upset that Invisible Woman beat Exitar the Exterminator while beings like Odin and Thor could barley harm a Celestial (which is also untrue, Odin cut off one's arm and Thor lodged a huge sword through Arishem's chest. Even through the regenerated). How she beat Exitar and the fact that she beat him was not the issue. She essentially destroyed his brain, severing the hyperspace link. She didn't even fully kill Exitar. The issue was that the writers randomly decided to have her powers originate from hyperspace. This would be fine if it was explained before hand that this was the case.
Originally posted by abhilegend
What is this thread about?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 05:45 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

So this is Thanos without the Infinity Gems? I realize there are two Celestials here, but damn.

Chucking planets at him for cripes sake. I almost give Thanos every win when it comes to prep, but he better do something serious before a Celestial is aware its being attacked.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 05:59 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobandjim1260

It's my added response to Thanos facing off against one Celestial that I wasn't able to add to the original forum before it closed. The rest is a debate on specific points that I used to construct my argument.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 06:49 PM
Bobandjim1260

Originally posted by tkitna
So this is Thanos without the Infinity Gems? I realize there are two Celestials here, but damn.

Chucking planets at him for cripes sake. I almost give Thanos every win when it comes to prep, but he better do something serious before a Celestial is aware its being attacked.
To be fair, Ziran the Tester and the One Above All are incredibly powerful Celestials. Odin was shown using the Odinforce to transport all of the souls of Earth to another location. So casting planets at an IG user is not unbelievable. However, this is nonetheless incredibly impressive due to the fact that the attack was only meant to be a distraction. Now that I think about it, this is actually one of the Celestial's greatest feats.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 06:53 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It's my added response to Thanos facing off against one Celestial that I wasn't able to add to the original forum before it closed. The rest is a debate on specific points that I used to construct my argument.

So you are just making scenarios where Thanos does this and that and somehow wins?

He did all the prep against Galactus and Omega and both blasted him to shit. It was only with the other character helping him that he was able to do anything to them.

And yeah, Odin beat the shit out of him. He no sold his best attacks combined with surfer as well.

And FYI, Warlock 25 was AFTER Infinity War. He defeated that Thanos clone in Warlock 10 FFS.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 06:55 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

The perspective of this panel always bothered me

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 07:33 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by psycho gundam
The perspective of this panel always bothered me

I'm curious as to what you think. I've never put much thought into it actually. I just always thought it was a cool feat.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 07:50 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobandjim1260

So you are just making scenarios where Thanos does this and that and somehow wins?

He did all the prep against Galactus and Omega and both blasted him to shit. It was only with the other character helping him that he was able to do anything to them.

And yeah, Odin beat the shit out of him. He no sold his best attacks combined with surfer as well.

And FYI, Warlock 25 was AFTER Infinity War. He defeated that Thanos clone in Warlock 10 FFS.

"So you are just making scenarios where Thanos does this and that and somehow wins?"
No, another user asked me how Thanos would defeat a Celestial using prep, I created several possible scenarios as to how it could be done. This is after I listed several points about him defeating greater entities with prep.

"And yeah, Odin beat the shit out of him. He no sold his best attacks combined with surfer as well."
I disagree. Odin did have the upper hand throughout the battle, but he did not "beat the shit out of him".
http://i.imgur.com/iSn2W6L.png
Silver Surfer was blasted out of the battle in the very beginning of the fight. It consisted of an Odin trying to kill Thanos, and a Thanos trying to calm Odin down. That was what the other scan were for. Here is an instance where Thanos had the shit beaten out of him. http://static3.comicvine.com/upload...taunt_super.jpg
He fled from Tyrant. He did not succumb to Odin's request for a surrender, in fact, one of the scans above shows us that Odin and Thanos were ready to continue fighting had Lady Sif not intervened.

"He did all the prep against Galactus and Omega and both blasted him to shit. It was only with the other character helping him that he was able to do anything to them."
When Thanos faced Galactus, the only real assistant he had was Pip the Troll. Thanos very well could have placed the charges on Galactus's ship himself, but why, when you have possible allies, would you risk taking on Galactus by yourself? Also, he survived both blast.
http://static8.comicvine.com/upload.../3844778-01.jpg
Galactus is well nourished.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...76730322e6a7067
Thanos survives against Galactus's onslaught.
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/...megan__pg12.jpg
Galactus states that dealing with him has depleted his vital energies and that he once again hungers. One could surmise that the blast that Thanos's personal shields tanked drained Galactus of a lot of energy.
Omega was twice as powerful as Galactus and he survived the blast. Also, Thanos gathered assistance from other members during that arc for several reasons. One, Omega wasn't the only clone giving everyone trouble. Omega was the most powerful, but it wasn't the one threatening to throw the universe out of balance by destroying the successor to the Anchor of Reality. Depending on how powerful one would consider a celestial to be relative to a well nourished Galactus, i feel it reasonable that Thanos could tank a Celestial blow. Possibly several depending on the Celestial. Lets also not forget that during the Galactus/Thanos battle, the Hunger had been watching the entire time, and Thanos still managed to outsmart it.

" And FYI, Warlock 25 was AFTER Infinity War. He defeated that Thanos clone in Warlock 10 FFS."
You are correct on this point. I had a feeling that it was wrong chronologically after I typed it. So thank you. Even so, Thanos has still gotten upgrades since last they fought. I'm not saying that Thnaos could stand toe to toe with Odin now, but I am saying is that the fight they had was not really a good way to determine how powerful Thanos, or Odin for that matter, really are.

Last edited by Bobandjim1260 on Jul 20th, 2016 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 08:08 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I'm curious as to what you think. I've never put much thought into it actually. I just always thought it was a cool feat.
The Celestials are pointing at Thanos and they're aligned in a manner that their arms are at 90 degrees from their bodies. We know they're 2000 feet tall even (a little bit taller than the CN tower) so they're definitely far apart from one another, but not far enough for a planet to fit between them to strike Thanos. It just looks off

EDIT

made a quick picture to illustrate how off it looks

Where that cloud is is where Thanos would be

Last edited by psycho gundam on Jul 20th, 2016 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 08:45 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

It's not really impressive at all. Odin is a skyfather and he's busted galaxies. Here's a chart showing the relative size of the Sun to the Milky Way Galaxy :

And keep in mind stars are much larger than planets :

A galaxy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the sun. The sun >>>>>>>>>>> all those planets the Celestials hurled at Thanos.

It was actually a very LOW showing for them.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 10:22 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Basically, the Thanos vs Odin fight was a high end feat for Thanos and a low end feat for Odin. and even with that, Odin was clearly winning.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 11:13 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by psycho gundam
The Celestials are pointing at Thanos and they're aligned in a manner that their arms are at 90 degrees from their bodies. We know they're 2000 feet tall even (a little bit taller than the CN tower) so they're definitely far apart from one another, but not far enough for a planet to fit between them to strike Thanos. It just looks off

Where that cloud is is where Thanos would be

I gotcha. Cool.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 11:38 PM
tkitna

Originally posted by zopzop
It's not really impressive at all. Odin is a skyfather and he's busted galaxies. Here's a chart showing the relative size of the Sun to the Milky Way Galaxy :

And keep in mind stars are much larger than planets :

A galaxy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the sun. The sun >>>>>>>>>>> all those planets the Celestials hurled at Thanos.

It was actually a very LOW showing for them.

I never bothered to break down the physics or logic behind it. It just looked cool to me, but I understand where your coming from.

Also, there seemed to be a lot of planets they were throwing. It doesnt say, but I would imagine with that many planets, they probably came from more than one galaxy. Just something to think about. Not necessarily sure though. Might have been a big galaxy.

By Stoic

Last edited by tkitna on Jul 20th, 2016 at 11:49 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 11:40 PM
golem370

In the prep does the Celestial in and prepare to fight Thanos? If Celestial is ready for the fight they will win imo

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 11:47 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote