KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Stranger Things

Stranger Things
Started by: ares834

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It sounds like Digi's complain is that the characters keep acting in character?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 01:33 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Both seasons are extremely entertaining. I never understood the bitching about originality, tone, etc. It either works or doesn't.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 02:17 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

For me the complaint is forced nostalgia. In the first season it seemed to flow into the series easily. In second season it's all "LOOK, IT'S THE 80s! YOU SEE? GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!!".

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:59 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
This is a startlingly bad take on S2

It's a pretty fair take, actually. Not much was really developed with the show in season 2. Even the other character who has the same powers as 11 was sort of underused and could have made for a more intriguing story. While still entertaining it's a stagnation in storytelling.

Season 3 is going to need a fresher direction.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

First Season was Pretty Fun. Hope the 2nd can keep it up. Monster Design was kind of weak. The Flower Head didn't really do it for me.
Eleven did geeky misfit really cool.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 12:16 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I enjoyed the second season, but I thought the first was definitely better. Hope the third season can approach the first.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2018 09:35 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

2nd Season was good but it was really kind of a movie sequel.
Same as the first just slightly bigger budget but didn't really bring much to the table.

Really hope they don't just make 11 the Way to Solve All the Really Big Problems every time.

That and I don't really give a shit about her little love affair with Mick. I don't want to watch 12 year old get their SEX on.....unlike Backfire....

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 05:54 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

laughing out loud

I actually agree, very much. They need to change things up in the third season. I'd really like to see them get away from the upside down and do something new.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 09:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BackFire
laughing out loud

I actually agree, very much. They need to change things up in the third season. I'd really like to see them get away from the upside down and do something new.

Like go to Afghanistan and fight against the U.S.S.R. alongside then US ally Osama bin Laden?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 08:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yes that.

But there's so many things they could do. They could make the show a new X-Files type episode, but instead of a monster of the week episodes they could do monster of the week seasons - full arcs that last a season or two and then they move on to the next one. Maybe they could do one about some crazy cult that moves into the town or something.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 08:49 PM
Flyattractor

That or just make the town a weird magnet due to the tear, or what ever it was called.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 06:01 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Robtard
Like go to Afghanistan and fight against the U.S.S.R. alongside then US ally Osama bin Laden?

And when they grow up the can join those Same Brave U.S Forces and Put a Bullet thru his head too!

God Bless Ameirca!

And Damn all Limp No Nutted Leftist Fascists!!!!!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 06:52 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Season 3 is delayed until summer 2019:
https://comicbook.com/horror/2018/0...-delay-netflix/

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 02:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The kids will all look about 40 by the time it comes out.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 02:32 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Having it in the summer instead of October will be kinda... different.

Stranger Things was gonna have a TellTale game around then too, but since TellTale recently went bankrupt, R.I.P.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 05:40 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I much prefer the Seasons being released in October. Adds...I dunno...a different sort of aura to the episodes, imo. /shrug

They also recently started publishing a Stranger Things comic series. It is currently exploring what happened to Will when he was trapped in the Upside Down in Season 1.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 06:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Hopefully they can do something diff this season compared to the last 2.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 07:09 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Ah fu#k. There's a Season 3 on the way? I hope people stop watching if they don't have something new this time. Season 2 was actually pretty terrible.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 10:58 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Eh... It weren't Horrible,but it def didn't do anything they didn't do in the first season.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 05:51 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Season 3 confirmed July 4th.

https://twitter.com/stranger_things...2738184192?s=21

Also happy new year.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 08:37 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote