KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » AOTC Anakin vs Kit Fisto

AOTC Anakin vs Kit Fisto
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Even in their first duel, Anakin was performing just as well in saber combat before getting enraged.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Throughout most of the Clone Wars after she recieved Sith training from Dooku.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 09:32 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Even in their first duel, Anakin was performing just as well in saber combat before getting enraged.

Before Ventress had been trained by Dooku or learned how to properly employ Jar Kai considering she had used a single blade for the entirety of her training under Ky Narec.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 09:34 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Throughout most of the Clone Wars after she recieved Sith training from Dooku.
Anakin beat her every time.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 09:35 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Also, Anakin is beating Dooku consistently through-out the series, even in TCW Movie.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 09:36 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Their first encounter ended with Anakina and Ahsoka escaping with Rotta.

Their second encounter wa stem fighting over a cylinder where Anakin landed a kick and Ventress landed a force push with Ventress trying to escape with it and then Ventress knocking Anakin to the ground before being surrounded by clones.

Their other fights were Ventress dueling both Anakin and Obi Wan simultaneously.

Only near the end during the Ahsoka trial business did Anakin demonstrate clear superiority which he should given he's moving past her level up to Dooku's by that point.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 09:44 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Also, Anakin is beating Dooku consistently through-out the series, even in TCW Movie.

An outright falsitude. Dooku and Anakin met several times throughout the series with Dooku demonstrating clear superiority in each of their encounters until the very end of the series where Anakin becomes a legitimate challenge.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 09:46 PM
Jmanghan

An outright falsitude. Dooku and Anakin met several times throughout the series with Dooku demonstrating clear superiority in each of their encounters until the very end of the series where Anakin becomes a legitimate challenge.

Anakin won the above duel.

Dooku barely escapes with his life, only managing to do so because of his mastery of Force Lightning.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 10:18 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Because Ventress was more skilled then him by that point.

Of course Dooku's Dun Moch did. But his anger wasn't the cause. It was how he chose to handle his anger.

I'm not disagreeing there. I'm simply saying that his anger doesn't hinder him in the instances you suggested.

That takes place only a few months before RotS, though... She isn't more skill than him by that point, because by that point Skywalker is a close contender with Dooku.

Actually, the text does note that the angrier he got, the more afraid he got because of it. Until he became Lord Vader, and even then actually, whenever he got angry he had to focus more on keeping that anger in check than anything else.

So in that sense, his anger did hinder him since he had to keep it in check.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 06:46 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Dooku barely escapes with his life, only managing to do so because of his mastery of Force Lightning.

Both your links were errors. Much like you yourself.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 07:46 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by MythLord
That takes place only a few months before RotS, though... She isn't more skill than him by that point, because by that point Skywalker is a close contender with Dooku.

Actually, the text does note that the angrier he got, the more afraid he got because of it. Until he became Lord Vader, and even then actually, whenever he got angry he had to focus more on keeping that anger in check than anything else.

So in that sense, his anger did hinder him since he had to keep it in check.

May I ask how she was his superior in lightsaber combat when he is more physically powerful, has more raw force power and a form advantage then?

Only in a few instances was this the case. You're correct that when he actively restrained his anger he was hindered but when he unconsciously drew on it or drew on it without care he was empowered by it.

As I said I don't disagree that it hindered him at times. Just not in the ones you mentioned.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 07:48 AM
MythLord
Diamond

May I ask how she was his superior in lightsaber combat when he is more physically powerful, has more raw force power and a form advantage then?

Emotional hinderence. His anger was the cause of it, obviously, because someone with skill rivalling Count Dooku isn't going to be inferior to Ventress by any means in a normal battle.

Only in a few instances was this the case. You're correct that when he actively restrained his anger he was hindered but when he unconsciously drew on it or drew on it without care he was empowered by it.

As I said I don't disagree that it hindered him at times. Just not in the ones you mentioned.

Yet it did hinder him both those times since Jedi Anakin was always afraid of his anger, and how it might empower him. He knew it was not the Jedi way, and thus he held it back consistently. When he was forced to draw upon it, he had to keep it in check as well.

THat's why it hindered him against Tyranus until Palpatine stepped in, and that's why his inferior, Asajj, was beating him.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 08:06 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by MythLord
Emotional hinderence. His anger was the cause of it, obviously, because someone with skill rivalling Count Dooku isn't going to be inferior to Ventress by any means in a normal battle.

Yet it did hinder him both those times since Jedi Anakin was always afraid of his anger, and how it might empower him. He knew it was not the Jedi way, and thus he held it back consistently. When he was forced to draw upon it, he had to keep it in check as well.

THat's why it hindered him against Tyranus until Palpatine stepped in, and that's why his inferior, Asajj, was beating him.

Or it's the simple fact his skill didn't rival Dooku's by that point. And he wasn't angry until Ventress mentioned Padme. And when he got angry it allowed him to wrap her in wires.

How did it hinder him with Ventress or when he was unconsciously drawing on it against Dooku?

He wasn't angry until Ventress mentioned Padme. And he wasn't consiously blocking his anger off with Dooku until Dooku mentioned it.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 08:25 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Or it's the simple fact his skill didn't rival Dooku's by that point. And he wasn't angry until Ventress mentioned Padme. And when he got angry it allowed him to wrap her in wires.

Just a few months prior to RotS? I'd argue he did, given how he was beating Dooku in RotS.

Also, Ventress threatened Padme's life right before the fight started:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Once she told him he knows little of the Dark Side, then he proceeded to beat the sh!t into her because he remembered: "Oh yeah, I can use this rage if I stop controlling it."

How did it hinder him with Ventress or when he was unconsciously drawing on it against Dooku?

He wasn't angry until Ventress mentioned Padme. And he wasn't consiously blocking his anger off with Dooku until Dooku mentioned it.

It hindered him maybe because Anakin realized as he was drawing on his rage, he was breaking the Jedi Code and trying to keep his emotions in check. In the RotS novel, Anakin was consciously holding back his anger behind "walls of iron will", was what made him grow stronger and stronger.

The moment Dooku taunted him and he started using that rage, he had lost control of his emotions which did weaken him.

Also, Asajj mentioned Padme before the fight, as I noted above.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 08:39 AM
UCanShootMyNova

It's 2:00 A.M. where I'm at. Valid point on Ventress threatening Padme beforehand. Not so valid on Anakin's ability suddenly shifting because of Ventress' commentary on how little Anakin knew of the Darkside. I'll address that tomorrow.

As for Dooku and Anakin's comparative skill you have fallen to the trap of many of the Anakin wankers not taking into account the various factors at play that advantaged Anakin in his fight against Dooku. Will address that tomorrow as well.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 08:59 AM
MythLord
Diamond

So "hur dur, FORM ADVANTAGE!" is going to be a part of your argument? Great; I've run enough circles to deal with that.

Also sleep tight.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 09:11 AM
Jmanghan

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 01:23 AM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
1. Fisto.
2. Anakin.
3. Prolly Fisto, tbh.

yes

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Anakin didn't win either of those duels and dooku stalemated a superior anakin in dark desciple and outfought anakin in season 6

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 03:45 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Fisto.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 05:23 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote