KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Sion vs Boba Fett

Darth Sion vs Boba Fett
Started by: Solar Power

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I'm thinking of separating KOTOR 2 characters, from like, everything else in terms of powerscaling.

I.e. Sion wins.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 08:39 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm thinking of separating KOTOR 2 characters, from like, everything else in terms of powerscaling.

I.e. Sion wins.
But then you don't have anything to compare him to...

Just... what?...

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Boba only stalemated Kyle, not best him, per the Essential Guide to Characters. Not to mention, Kyle was so far from his peak that it isn't even worth talking about, lmao. In fact, Katarn wasn't even a Jedi at the time. As for Kota, yeah, I say Sion could.
Kota almost = Katarn :/

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Kota almost = Katarn :/

Um....no, he isn't. If he was, clearly Boba wouldn't have knocked him on his ass with a swift blow to the chin, yet, only stalemate a pre-prime Katarn. Besides that comparison, Kyle's feats are just better. Especially in melee.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Jaden>Boba Fett, and Jaden wasn't even close to being as powerful as Kyle when he beat him.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2016 08:59 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Unless I'm missing something, Sion Crushes/Drains him to death. The notion that Fett stomps the most elite of an organization that killed tens of thousands of Jedi (in the prime of the Jedi Order, at least in reference to your average Jedi) is ludicrous.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 12:54 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I.e. Sion wins.

Explain

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote:
Unless I'm missing something, Sion Crushes/Drains him to death. The notion that Fett stomps the most elite of an organization that killed tens of thousands of Jedi (in the prime of the Jedi Order, at least in reference to your average Jedi) is ludicrous.

Tbh, Palps Dark Adept had Boba on the ground, choking him, he could have just ended Boba right then and there, yet chose not to.

That's of course unless Fett goes guns blazing and keeping Sion on the move.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Aug 7th, 2016 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 01:38 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by Selenial

Explain

Well, mainly because of Drew Karpyshyn and the SWTOR Devs, the power levels of KOTOR 2 characters are all over the place:

• In KOTOR 2, beings like Sion, Nihilus, and Traya are literally ultra powerful monsters of the dark side that generally can't be defeated by conventional means, like being struck down with a lightsaber. One of them eats planets for breakfast, one of them can't die because he's so powerful he wills himself not to, and the 3rd was Revan's greatest teacher who spear headed this triumvirate and treated Jedi High Council members like legitimate children.
  • In the Revan Novel, the Triumvirate is reduced to being merely referred to as renegade Dark Jedi, (the guy who either speaks the language of the force itself, or the first and last language ever spoken, and eats worlds for breakfast, is a mere dark jedi, lmfao,) and Meetra's portrayal in the novel was generally shit relative to her greatness in KOTOR 2.
  • In SWTOR, when you find Nihilus' holocron, the Dark Lord isn't really seen as or considered much of a big deal.
  • Despite Karpyshyn SWTOR seemingly downscaling the Triumvirate's power, Traya's Spirit is still an immense fountain/geyser of dark side energy that gives Baras unparalleled farseeing powers, making him "invincible" in the process. And Traya was the most tame of the Triumvirate in terms of sheer haxx.

Overall, it's just too much inconsistency to swing it one way or another, but if any choice is to be made, I'd just refer to the source material, (i.e. KOTOR 2) to make the most accurate assessment of their power.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 01:52 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sion is shit. Boba absolutely ****s him

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 01:55 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Sion wills through Boba's arsenal. thumb up

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 01:58 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Well, mainly because of Drew Karpyshyn and the SWTOR Devs, the power levels of KOTOR 2 characters are all over the place:

• In KOTOR 2, beings like Sion, Nihilus, and Traya are literally ultra powerful monsters of the dark side that generally can't be defeated by conventional means, like being struck down with a lightsaber. One of them eats planets for breakfast, one of them can't die because he's so powerful he wills himself not to, and the 3rd was Revan's greatest teacher who spear headed this triumvirate and treated Jedi High Council members like legitimate children.
  • In the Revan Novel, the Triumvirate is reduced to being merely referred to as renegade Dark Jedi, (the guy who either speaks the language of the force itself, or the first and last language ever spoken, and eats worlds for breakfast, is a mere dark jedi, lmfao,) and Meetra's portrayal in the novel was generally shit relative to her greatness in KOTOR 2.
  • In SWTOR, when you find Nihilus' holocron, the Dark Lord isn't really seen as or considered much of a big deal.
  • Despite Karpyshyn SWTOR seemingly downscaling the Triumvirate's power, Traya's Spirit is still an immense fountain/geyser of dark side energy that gives Baras unparalleled farseeing powers, making him "invincible" in the process. And Traya was the most tame of the Triumvirate in terms of sheer haxx.

Overall, it's just too much inconsistency to swing it one way or another, but if any choice is to be made, I'd just refer to the source material, (i.e. KOTOR 2) to make the most accurate assessment of their power.

Yes, Skillz. Yes. Now you see smile

Now you see that the only way of truly connecting Kotor 2 to the rest of the mythos is that Surik's loss of her wound dramatically weakened her. It's the only way smile

(PS: IIRC Nihilus' Holocron in swtor was one of the most deadly and terrifying artefacts the Sith could ever hold)

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 02:17 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

CoD

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 02:18 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Nah. Chalking it up to authorial inconsistency is the much more logical conclusion. I, unlike you, don't feel the need to come up with in-universe excuses. smile

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 02:18 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

@Skillz - https://youtu.be/25lm3cxnF8k?t=745

Anyway, authorial stupidity is one thing. Surik losing her Force Bonds and status as a Wound in the Force almost certainly played a part, though.

Her not being able to find Force Enlightenment on DK is ****ing stupid, considering that presumably did so on Malachor V, which was a far worse nexus. So authorial stupidity has to be considered, to an extent. Just searching for in-universe explanations won't work.

It's similar to how Filoni portrays Grievous relative to his older incarnation. Authorial disconnection from the original source material can lead to some truly stupid things. But then, one wonders if something like this is to be applied to say, Exar Kun as well.

Last edited by SunRazer on Aug 7th, 2016 at 02:35 AM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 02:23 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

But yeah, Sion has more evidence pointing towards him being a monster than being a weakling, tbh. Boba dies.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 02:27 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Where do you rank Surik & the Triumvirate, then?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 02:28 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Sion: B Team + level with insane immortality haxx
Traya: Dooku level + as a force user overall
Nihilus: Jesus H Christ
Meetra: Jaina level

smile

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 02:50 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Interesting. Fairly close to my rankings, actually.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 02:51 AM
Jmanghan

But yeah, Sion has more evidence pointing towards him being a monster than being a weakling, tbh. Boba dies.
You kinda need something to outright put him as a monster.

A feat, an accolade.

But Sion has nothing.

He's weak asf, and I dunno why assumptions can be used, they shouldn't be used.

Ever.

Sion never confirmed that HE was the one keeping himself alive.

He just said "the Dark Side" and the shit about his anger.

At no point did he ever say that he, himself, was keeping himself alive.

Its implied that it was just the Dark Side himself.

Had nothing to do with power.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Aug 7th, 2016 at 03:08 AM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 03:06 AM