KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Aquaman Vs Morlun

Aquaman Vs Morlun
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
In a novel called Spider-Man: The Darkest Hours it is something Spider-Man thinks of. And Dex (a previous servant of Morlun's) gave Spider-Man some info on him. And Morlun always wanted privacy when he was feeding.

Something I will say. This novel in which this was mentioned wasn't published strictly by Marvel.

(please log in to view the image)

But multiple references are made to 616 events. And it has a Marvel logo on the back of it.

(please log in to view the image)

And if you read the blurb it also mentions Morlun being killed so it seems to correlate with 616.

And doing a brief Google search points to it all being 616 related if any more evidence is needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would give you scans of the book itself but I don't have my portable HDD with me at my Fathers house so I unfortunately can't show you directly, but I hope this helps enough.

huh. cool beans. i often wonder how closely tied a company's novels are to the company, and how they relate to canon material. as far as his focus=invulnerability, still not sure i'd go that far. i'm still of the opinion the trident could do some serious damage. perhaps not kill him, but enough damage that it would help turn the tide and give AM a majority. morlun wins without it.

and no carver, he isn't pulling the weapon from AM's hand before he can use it. he is not the flash.....

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 08:58 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
and no carver, he isn't pulling the weapon from AM's hand before he can use it. he is not the flash.....

THANK you.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 09:09 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Wasn't there some stupid ass retcon, regarding Morlun constantly cloning himself, or some other equally idiotic drivel? If that's the case, Arthur kills him, and anything that requires Morlun to clone himself would constitute a forum loss, I assume.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 10:23 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by leonidas
huh. cool beans. i often wonder how closely tied a company's novels are to the company, and how they relate to canon material. as far as his focus=invulnerability, still not sure i'd go that far. i'm still of the opinion the trident could do some serious damage. perhaps not kill him, but enough damage that it would help turn the tide and give AM a majority. morlun wins without it.

Although not entirely the same thing but he has taken a stab from a Wolverines claws and shown no reaction at all. Obviously not the exact same thing but quite important.

Is your thing around the trident to do with purely piercing or it's more esoteric abilities?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 10:25 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Although not entirely the same thing but he has taken a stab from a Wolverines claws and shown no reaction at all. Obviously not the exact same thing but quite important.

Is your thing around the trident to do with purely piercing or it's more esoteric abilities?

Alt Wolverine, but yeah. Claws went deep.

He got stabbed with a wakandan spear, too. Didn't bother him.

And ignored vibranium nukes.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 10:26 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Alt Wolverine, but yeah. Claws went deep.

He got stabbed with a wakandan spear, too. Didn't bother him.

And ignored vibranium nukes.

Yeah that's what I meant by "a Wolverine".

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Wasn't there some stupid ass retcon, regarding Morlun constantly cloning himself, or some other equally idiotic drivel? If that's the case, Arthur kills him, and anything that requires Morlun to clone himself would constitute a forum loss, I assume.

It's only if a Inheritor dies that this happens. This is how Morlun returned from death.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 10:33 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah that's what I meant by "a Wolverine".

Missed "a", tired eyes, spending way too much online. Out of eye drops, even A thousand pardons.

I wonder if he could take a stab to the head.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 10:40 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Missed "a", tired eyes, spending way too much online. Out of eye drops, even A thousand pardons.

I wonder if he could take a stab to the head.

It's cool mate.

That is quite an interesting point. I reckon he could. Or I hope so.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 10:48 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Anyone got a good synopsis

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 12:30 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well, like i said, morlun's dad was slain by the other. arthur is WAY stronger than any version of logan and any wakandan so i could def see thye trident driven by AM doing significant damage. maybe.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 01:03 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It's not that the penetration wasn't deep enough. He simply wasn't bothered by it.

Trying to get a "critical hit" would be a good idea. Remember when the Halibut King stabbed Darkseid in the eyes? Something like that is needed, at least.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:17 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

It's not that the penetration wasn't deep enough. He simply wasn't bothered by it.

Trying to get a "critical hit" would be a good idea. Remember when the Halibut King stabbed Darkseid in the eyes? Something like that is needed, at least.

Has Morlun faced any elites in 616?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:19 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Has Morlun faced any elites in 616?

He doesn't have many showings. Ones he does have, he's basically unbeatable in and the protagonists need to resort to a plot device of some kind to get rid of him.

No-selling vibranium nukes and ripping the adamantium net >>> taming wild carps....

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:24 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I suppose. I hate threads with relative unknowns because people start reaching into unstoppable territory and thats shitty debating

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:29 AM
riv6672

^^^Yeah, it started with the very first response.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:39 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

That is what we have for now. You'd know that if you read arcs with Morlun, lol.

Arthur needs to go for the headshot and hope it works.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:40 AM
riv6672

I like how you assume anyone who disagrees with, what was, honestly, a crap response on your part, means they dont read comics.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:43 AM
riv6672

lol

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:43 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I just know when you don't stick out tongue

My original response = Morlun eating Arthur, shitting him out and mailing the feces to... SOME Aquaman fan, let's not be too specific

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:46 AM
riv6672

And i just know when you're in the mood to talk massive amounts of shit and add nothing to a thread.
Happens about once a month.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:52 AM