KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Aquaman Vs Morlun

Aquaman Vs Morlun
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
incidentally, here is another scan showing the 'family' (these are morlun's equally powerful brothers and sisters) can certainly be hurt by piercing:

http://imgur.com/a/B6oWl

a knife thrown by an alt spidey sure as hell doesn't equal a magic trident thrown or thrusted by AM....

and here:

http://imgur.com/a/QH2cF

true kaine did a lot of damage, but ock still pierced and killed him. or are those scans also lowballs? because they took place in the definitive inheritors arc (of which morlun is one....)

morlun's best single showing imo was taking out alt genis. who knows what level he was at, but it's still impressive imo. if he can drain arthur's life force, than this could end quickly i suppose. but from a purely physical contest this is still pretty close i think. if he CAN drain arthur, i wonder what the limits of that draining would be? do we assume he could simply drain and kill superman? silver surfer?

i wish they would have expanded more on his powers....

Y is taking out alt genis impressive?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 11:18 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by carver9
Lol...Leo, calm down. I'm not even aggressively debating you, I am disagreeing with you though. Aquaman is no Wonder Woman and him having the strength to harm them doesn't put them on their level and I never said he was on their level either. He's close though just like Morlun is close with the ability to amp even further.

He performs different against non totems? Where you get that from? His physical stats seems concrete.

Spiderman isn't faster...especially when we take into consideration Morlun allowing Parker to wail on him. When Morlun wanted to slap Spidey, he never failed to do so. Iirc, didn't morlun move so fast that he vanished right in front of Parker ending with Parker thinking Morlun was some kind of ghost (when Wolverine showed up).

Aquaman is no Wonder Woman or Gladiator or Superman so I don't even know why you are mentioning them. At the end of the day Morlun is above Aquaman in everything and Aquaman trident isn't changing this.

yeah, yeah.....

as far as mentioning the others--i was curious to see how far up the ladder you'd put him. someone who can stomp AM as easily as you made it seem he would would almost have to be high herald. higher? who knows, maybe you're even right--maybe if he faced surfer he'd just drain him for an easy win. the way you were talking LEADS to those sorts of implications, but...you never answered my question. so, he WOULDN'T beat gladiator? wonder woman? but he would stomp a hole in AM, who you've compared to both superman and wonder woman? makes no sense. so he's limited to...mid heralds? then i can't see you thinking this would be a stomp.

point is, if you don't know where YOU think he stops, then....what's the point of commenting at all? (just to aggravate me isn't a good reason )

about the non-totems: you were using that spidey arc a lot--the initial one he appeared in. at the time, his powers were less fleshed out and it was thought that he was stronger fighting the totems because of the way he could drain them. the idea that ezekiel could bloody him with a single shot while spidey couldn't even scratch him helped support that idea. i think that is still partly true--it's why spiders have such a hard time against him. but he has drained others since then as well, but he doesn't seem to gain power like he does when he drains a totem. solus did gain power when he drained the enigma force though, as it was pure life energy, so....i don't friggin know.

we also saw spidey kill morlun in 'the other' arc. the whole thing was weird, but again, we see he isn't invulnerable:

http://imgur.com/a/MjskA

http://imgur.com/a/2mRwt

http://imgur.com/a/9Ihzf

http://imgur.com/a/HG0UT

i think there is enough support, and enough questions regarding the exact nature and limits to morlun's powers, to suggest this is far from a stomp.

@sin--morlun recognized genis as a cosmic entity and still didn't care, then drained him. even if he wasn't as powerful as 616 genis, i still find it impressive, and it was a scene i'd forgotten about.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 01:17 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He had never read JL.

Or any other comic.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 04:47 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

That's not how it went

You're right, I just reread it. It was even worse than I remember. Good catch thumb up.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 04:55 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Carver is out of tinfoil.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 05:01 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Debate friend. Please debate for a change.

Obviously you're in the "Riv never debates a topic" camp. Thats cool.
I've recently enrolled in the "Carver is biased as ****" school.
Tonight's homework was pointing that out and getting a kick out of it.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 05:08 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Speed Aquaman blitzed Wonder Woman in Throne of Atlantis

Strength even we ignore the eye stab thing as a "momentum" shared feat,

Aquaman also stabbed into Darkseid's chest with his trident and got some of the Omega effect to leak.

Only person to shatter Graves shielding as well.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 06:57 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Trident 🔱 is going to hurt for sure... But this draining business can be a game changer.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 07:41 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Trident 🔱 is going to hurt for sure... But this draining business can be a game changer.

i agree. if he can drain him, art's in loads of trouble. my comments were mostly directed at a purely physical confrontation.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 08:00 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

thumb up

Morlun seems to delight in masochism... Likes to play with his prey, see the confusion then fear in their eyes. Underestimating Arthur for too long will lead to defeat. I think he'll resort to draining early however once he realizes how strong 💪 Arthur is. Provided he survives long enough of course..

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 08:23 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

So overall, this seems to have not been a bad natch up.
Thats all i was going for.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 10:35 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Thats nice.

No offense, BTW.
Its just, the way characters are debated online, they're all nigh-unstoppable.

It's not always the case, sometimes people just love to lowball. You can see this in literally every single Karate Kid topic. I think some people got beat up by a school bully who used karate and I dunno..it left a mark on them.

quote:
Does the character have super speed? They win.

High end super speed is indeed a very valuable tool and yes a lot of times speed kills. So to me that is why I wouldn't make a fight where one person has high end speed and the other person lacks high end speed and also lacks any other way to survive.

Since it's either they win via speedblitz or we spend 1900 pages arguing over whether or not a character will use their speed or if they'll just be content to allow themselves to get beat to death. You see because 99% of superheroes are sado-masichists who love pain.

quote:
TP? They win.
Death spores? They win.
Battle computer? They win.
Are they Superman, Batman, or Black Panther? They win.

Just trying to start a thread here, man. stick out tongue

All these other things are circumstantial. Especially death spores being an automatic win..or battle computers. I mean Midnighter is kinda shitty all things considered.

I just think people need to really consider the abilities of characters before posting a fight.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 27th, 2016 at 03:50 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 03:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
It's not always the case, sometimes people just love to lowball. You can see this in literally every single Karate Kid topic. I think some people got beat up by a school bully who used karate and I dunno..it left a mark on them.

laughing MFAO!!!

quote:
I just think people need to really consider the abilities of characters before posting a fight.

Agreed.
And people need to do the same before arbitrarily picking a winner.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 07:00 PM
krisblaze

We havent seen proof of Morlun draining non totems

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 07:05 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by krisblaze
We havent seen proof of Morlun draining non totems

He drained the Alt Genis but he described the energy as recycled. Totems seemingly heal him up more., they are somehow purer.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 07:12 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where is the bear totem though? It's just not fair. F*ck spiders.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 07:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Surtur
Where is the bear totem though? It's just not fair. F*ck spiders.

He did feed on a Badger totem once. No bears yet though.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 07:38 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cuz he knows a bear would bite his face off.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 07:53 PM
riv6672

URSA MAJOR FTW!!!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 04:58 AM
DarkSaint85

He drained a random passerby, who was just a human.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 06:53 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote