KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beyonder Doom vs. God Doom

Beyonder Doom vs. God Doom
Started by: backup

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Master
How many times did the Watcher, or anyone for that matter
pop up in the Spidey mini to highlight how we were indulging an alternate reality story?

(silence) .. and, exactly old friend.

Marvel readers are always given an indication they are dealing with an alternate universe.

we are given an indication--all ages is on the cover. and we know all ages books are NOT canon. the one time they officially tied one to continuity they announced it. any other all ages book canon that you know of? you've already acknowledged there are differences in the retelling vs the real thing. so, between the differences (even if minor) and what we know about other all ages books, not sure why you're so certain it is canon. you claim there is no proof that it ISN'T canon. there is equally no proof it is. similarity of story isn't enough imo. it could simply be another retelling that is mostly correct. you also say there is nothing indicating an alt universe, but what about this famous book:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...ilversurfer.jpg

is there something specific in that book, or others like it, that specifically tell us its another universe? because that fight past for canon for a long whole....i don't know the answer to that question tbh....

i'll freely admit i don't care one way or the other. definitive claims from either side seem sort of ridiculous though. imo the any feats from story should be left out of debates purely because it's so ambiguous. /shrug

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 12:59 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Mr Master
Mods declared that twitter/interviews and such are not permissible.

I'm sorry too brah, but I have yet to see any evidence to suggest it is not canon.

What other books are you referring to?

I'd like to see identical illustrations and dialogue referencing the original 616 template, like in the Spidey mini.

Oh never-mind then. Still would be curious to find out what he says.

So there lies the issue. Honestly, I'm open to it being canon. However, from prior experience All-Ages comics tend not to be. Could this be the exception? Maybe. but haven't seen anything clearly to say it is. *shrugs* So this becomes very murky.

I'll have to go back, but Fantastic Four had a few retellings.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 01:30 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by -K-M-

So there lies the issue. Honestly, I'm open to it being canon. However, from prior experience All-Ages comics tend not to be. Could this be the exception? Maybe. but haven't seen anything clearly to say it is. *shrugs* So this becomes very murky.

pretty much my thoughts as well. thumb up

you'd think it would at least be mentioned somewhere in a handbook somewhere, or in a for-sure canon comic if it really was intended to be canon material.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 02:09 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by krisblaze
I don't think anyone in their right mind(set) actually believes that Doom is smarter than Reed.
But he is.

Doom is Reed's inspiration, his only reason for being.

He wants to impress his superior.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 02:14 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by -K-M-

The writer himself said that the all ages comics are non canon.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 04:14 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote