KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Pirates of the Carribean 5 (2017)

Pirates of the Carribean 5 (2017)
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Well, this movie was kinda crap...

I'm hoping for guilty pleasure status. That's basically how I feel about 2 and 3. But the fun characters really keep it afloat (because Jack Sparrow isn't the only fun character).

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 08:12 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 07:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'm hoping for guilty pleasure status. That's basically how I feel about 2 and 3. But the fun characters really keep it afloat (because Jack Sparrow isn't the only fun character).

2 and 3 ARE guilty pleasures. They have enough quirkiness, weirdness and creativity to keep them afloat, despite the extensive subplottiness.

4 was kinda bearable, had a number of memorable scenes.

But 5.... Bardem totally underused and Jack's far from funny... he's become his own caricature.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 08:25 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ This ones worse than 4?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 09:59 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by queeq
2 and 3 ARE guilty pleasures. They have enough quirkiness, weirdness and creativity to keep them afloat, despite the extensive subplottiness.

4 was kinda bearable, had a number of memorable scenes.

But 5.... Bardem totally underused and Jack's far from funny... he's become his own caricature.

Hm... sorry to hear that about 5. I'm currently re-watching the previous films. Almost done with At World's End.. They are a lot of fun, like you said, despite very clunky subplots and whatnot. But I think Gore Verbinski is a talented and fun filmmaker, so he really keeps it interesting. I must have fallen asleep in the middle of At World's End when I saw it in the theater, because I didn't remember a lot of the middle parts, haha... the film is a bit too long.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 02:14 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ This ones worse than 4?

I think it is. I fell asleep during this one. That never happened before in a theater.

4 has a couple of good scenes, like the mermaid scene. But it's a bit of a drag.

5 to me, felt like the first half introducing all these characters from the previous four movies that had to be dragged in there, little storylines being set up... and then the second half is living up to the fulfilment of those set-ups, one by one by one by one...
And then the protagonists (Will's son and the smart girl) weren't all that interesting. Will's son: boring. Smart girl: 'she's smart so she must be a witch', they keep repeating throughout the movie...

Quite... the disappointment.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 04:49 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I felt it was better then the 4th, More on par with 1-3 of the Pirates movies.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
prabhash.s
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have heard that pirates of the Caribbean- salzar's revenge was the last part of this fantasy series. I would definitely like to see captain jack sparrow back again with a new adventure.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 10:27 AM
prabhash.s is currently offline Click here to Send prabhash.s a Private Message Find more posts by prabhash.s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Just saw this. It's... not very good.

Recycled the same formula and it's really very boring. It's hard to say which is better/worse 4 or 5. 4 is okay until the 3rd act and horrible ending. 5 was just formulaic and boring through and through. I didn't even like the effect that they used for the cursed crew this time. It was generic and uninteresting. I'm not a big Javier Bardem fan either. He didn't make a particularly interesting villain for this series of films. Bill Nighy was the best. It needed more sea creatures and imagination. The star thing was sort of neat, though.

I got a couple chuckles here and there, though. But not much. Much of the writing was just horrible puns.

It's a very dull note to end this series of films on. thumb down thumb down

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Aug 27th, 2017 at 12:41 AM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 12:39 AM