KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Marvel's The Inhumans

Marvel's The Inhumans
Started by: Inhuman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

Looks better than any of the CW stuff. I'll be watching it.

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 11:52 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

IMO it looks about on par with the CW stuff production wise, I wonder if the CGI is better. We only get a few shots of Lockjaw and it looks about the same in quality. I'm not an expert so if any designer or expert in graphics wants to weigh in, I'd be curious to see if its the same

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 1st, 2017 12:05 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

LMAO

This look terrible.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2017 12:21 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Lockjaw looked hella cute.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2017 02:15 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will watch first show, afterwards unknown

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 1st, 2017 03:10 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Looks good enough, but I really do wish they made this a film franchise instead of the Tv series. This story needs to have larger repercussions on the MCU.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2017 04:07 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Looks like crap.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2017 04:16 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tkitna
Looks better than any of the CW stuff. I'll be watching it.

Agreed. Even the worst effort by Marvel so far, which was Iron Fist imo, was better than the tweeny emo drama angst with costumes and powers DC has been mass-producing. Never mind the special effects, if Inhumans at least has a decent story aimed at adults with brains I'm on board.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2017 05:05 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Looks like hot doo doo

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 1st, 2017 05:26 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Agreed. Even the worst effort by Marvel so far, which was Iron Fist imo, was better than the tweeny emo drama angst with costumes and powers DC has been mass-producing. Never mind the special effects, if Inhumans at least has a decent story aimed at adults with brains I'm on board.

I guess I'm confused, you didn't think there was any emo angst in shows like Daredevil or Jessica Jones?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2017 05:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Unnatural DC hate aside, this show looks like crap, and is just a byproduct of the Disney vs Fox shit with Dis making Marvel phase out and replace X-Men/mutants with the inhumans...

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2017 06:03 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Unnatural DC hate aside,

Lol yeah some strange hate comments

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 02:47 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

-

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 03:07 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 02:58 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Surtur
I guess I'm confused, you didn't think there was any emo angst in shows like Daredevil or Jessica Jones?

TWEENY emo angst. No. Drama, yes and tension and emotions, but not dumbed down to the point where the characters became caricatures of themselves. Jessica Jones was legitimately dark because David Tennant was legitimately scary and evil. JJ was traumatized but she was trying to deal with it in her own way, not endlessly standing around and feeling sorry for herself while making stupid mistake after stupid mistake. It was an intelligent show written by intelligent scriptwriters aimed at an intelligent audience.

Daredevil really didn't have a lot of angst at all, as far as I can recall. Matt didn't sit around complaining about the injustice of it all or constantly worry about the future or how hopeless everything was to Froggy - he just went out and kicked ass. Sometimes he got his ass kicked but he didn't whine about it like some teenage girl that was treated mean at school...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 07:55 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lol yeah some strange hate comments

There's nothing strange about it - I've made my dissatisfaction with the DC shows quite clear ages ago and stipulated why I stopped watching them. That doesn't mean I hate DC - I love most of their animated movies and I thought Wonder Woman was great. I am quite hopeful for Aquaman and holding thumbs that Justice League will be fantastic.

I'm just not enjoying the DC shows and whether I'm the audience they're aiming at or not, I (and my brother) have tried for several seasons to watch the shows before deciding life is too short to suffer through the endless mind-numbing melodrama that have become part and parcel of each show.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 08:04 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dreampanther
TWEENY emo angst. No. Drama, yes and tension and emotions, but not dumbed down to the point where the characters became caricatures of themselves. Jessica Jones was legitimately dark because David Tennant was legitimately scary and evil. JJ was traumatized but she was trying to deal with it in her own way, not endlessly standing around and feeling sorry for herself while making stupid mistake after stupid mistake. It was an intelligent show written by intelligent scriptwriters aimed at an intelligent audience.

Daredevil really didn't have a lot of angst at all, as far as I can recall. Matt didn't sit around complaining about the injustice of it all or constantly worry about the future or how hopeless everything was to Froggy - he just went out and kicked ass. Sometimes he got his ass kicked but he didn't whine about it like some teenage girl that was treated mean at school...

Lol but wait, people on CW shows have legit adult reasons to brood as well. Example: Flash knew Iris was gonna be murdered. He has a reason to brood.

Why is that any worse than Jessica whining about Kilgrave and drowning her sorrows in booze? Okay, he mind screwed her. Yeah, and Flashes momma was murdered by an evil speedster from the future. Then multiple speedsters came just to f*ck with his life. It's not like he was worried about acne and who to take to the spring formal.

Oliver Queen watched his father blow his brains out before his eyes, had to then survive on an island for years, etc. These aren't exactly teen problems.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 4th, 2017 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 12:17 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So is mentioning all the negative aspects of the DC TV shows supposed to suddenly negate that this is still a really bad trailer for the Inhumans?

If so it's not achieved the desired result IMO.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 12:23 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dunno, and honestly, if this was the year 2007 I'd feel more on board with comparing it to DC shows lol. I've seen season 7 episodes of Smallville that looked better.

Yes, I am totally including the episode Pete Ross gets super stretchy powers from gum that was exposed to kryptonite. Even that was better, and that is truly saying something.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 12:25 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well, I see where Dreampanther's coming from to a point, even if I don't entirely agree and still like the CW DC shows for the most part. See, even Flash which was often regarded as the best of them eventually suffered from the teen angst kind of melodrama with the relationships and such, but I still enjoy them otherwise like with the usual villains and such, except for Savitar who was sadly kinda lame because of his identity.

I just don't think this Inhumans show looks particularly good because I've never really identified with or connected or related to the inhumans like I have with a number of the X-Men & mutants, and a lot of the inhumans to me come off as pretty bland compared to the mutants who often felt more creative. But of course since Disney's about replacing the mutants with inhumans due to their fued with Fox, I don't support this show by association since it's a byproduct of that. Say what you will about the X-Men, but they ****ing CARRIED Marvel through the 90's, and are more iconic than the inhumans and Guardians of the Galaxy, and this is how they repay that brand? Just because of Fox owning the movie rights? Like piss off.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 01:48 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Yeah, just to clarify: If you like Flash and Arrow then you like them: I liked the first couple of seasons as well. I got overloaded because to me it felt like Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow were just clones of each other and I got bored - and then I became I frustrated. I'm not saying they're bad shows (I can't, because I don't watch them anymore so I don't know what they are like nowadays).

Both my brother and I just eventually decided we don't enjoy watching them anymore for the reasons I explained above. I nearly gave up on SHIELD as well but I wanted to see Ghost Rider and now I'm hooked again - it really feels to me like the writing has improved and as if the show doesn't dwell on the angst so much. Coulson I think is the main argument for me liking SHIELD more than the DC shows: Instead of wallowing in misery he deals with what's happening and keeps the team positive, which to me feels like a more mature way of handling things.

I'm not here to convince anybody - everybody is welcome to make up their own minds.

Returning to The Inhumans: Because I'm a superhero fan I try to stay positive about every new show. Even if the special effects aren't that great, a good cast and strong writing can usually keep me interested. So I'm going to wait to make up my mind until I've at least seen the first couple of episodes.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 10:32 AM