KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Thread for all quote/source inquiries!

Thread for all quote/source inquiries!
Started by: Zenwolf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Either it's this, or Nova's RT doesn't seems to have it.

The old Master was so accomplished in every aspect of the Force that until the Battle of Geonosis he had rarely needed to resort to his weapon. When he did, he proved as masterful with it as without.

Source: http://imgur.com/84WNvvI (Star Wars Fact File)

It's this one.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Alright.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 09:37 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does anyone know what book I can find this in?

https://imgur.com/a/yeY9v

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 11:27 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

if you're referring to dragons in comic book form, it's from Anakin and Kenobi(#3 I think), the Disney comic.

If you're referring to a krayt dragon, it's from star wars: Kenobi

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Your image doesn't work, 'Swords

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:24 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Quote for Plagueis reaching aross the galaxy with TP and the Force fleeing from him.

Quote for Sidious one-shotting Vader with TP.

Plz and thx

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 02:06 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by darthbane77
Quote for Plagueis reaching aross the galaxy with TP and the Force fleeing from him.

Quote for Sidious one-shotting Vader with TP.

Plz and thx

The latter is on the previous page. Here's the Plagueis one:

And so he had stretched out—indeed, as if invisible, transubstantiated—to inform every being of his existence, and impact all of them: Muunoid or insectoid, secure or dispossessed, free or enslaved. A warrior waving a banner in triumph on a battlefield. A ghost infiltrating a dream.

But ultimately to no end. The Force grew silent, as if in flight from him, and many of the animals in his laboratory succumbed to horrifying diseases.

Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 06:24 AM
darthbane77

Cool, thanks Az.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 04:10 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Can I get some quotes for the strength of Yavin's nexus, and whether or not Kyp used Kun's amulets and shits?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 10:16 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Kyp didn't use Kun's amulets to my knowledge.

And I've already posted the quotes about the Yavin nexus in this thread:

quote:
Here:

"The dark side permeates everything here. Saturates it. I've been to Oricon, this is another level entirely."

--Satele Shan
The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan

This is the hype Oricon has received:

Located in an unremarkable system well off the Hydian Way, Oricon seems an almost arbitrary choice for the Dread Masters’ home. But anyone with an affinity for the Force can sense that the rocky Outer Rim moon is immeasurably strong with the dark side.

The Old Republic Codex: Oricon

The power of Yavin IV also grew constantly:

Yavin 4 also holds a great deal of interest to the Jedi and the Sith. For well over a thousand years now, the dark side of the Force has flowed through Yavin 4 in an ever-increasing magnitude.

The Old Republic Codex: Yavin IV

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 06:36 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Anyone of you have the quote(s) about UnuThul being able to draw on trillions of Killiks?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 06:37 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'm sure I could find something in regards to him having access to the strength of his entire colony, which would logically number in at the very least the trillions, but I don't think the population of the colonies is ever outright stated.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 08:27 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Azronger
Anyone of you have the quote(s) about UnuThul being able to draw on trillions of Killiks?

"But if Jaina was wrong about the reason the Squibs had put a hit on her-or if her parents failed to move quickly enough-a relief force would arrive to spoil UnuThul's trap. The Chiss would grow even bolder and attack deeper into Colony territory. Trillions of Killiks and millions of Chiss would die, and the war would continue more ferociously than before. " -Swarm War

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Thank you! Luke is a beast, tbh.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 10:40 PM
LordOfTheLight

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Nah that was a general statement about laser cannons or well the strongest of laser cannons. What it says about FO SDs saying the turbolasers are just powerful enough to reduce planet surfaces to slag.

Quote for the former?

Also, quotes for how powerful laser cannons are in general?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:39 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Quote for the former?

Also, quotes for how powerful laser cannons are in general?

quote:

Laser Cannons and turbolasers are based on the same principle as handheld blasters. The largest such weapons are powerful enough to crack a planet's core.

- EP 7 Visual dictionary

Again though, it's saying the largest so clearly it's referring to a superweapon because having such a weapon on a ship doesn't make much sense and would make the superweapon pointless.

Depends, what Canon are you wanting?

Disney Canon I haven't much a clue, I'm just kinda being surface level with that.

Legends Canon? Blaster Cannons are essentially heavy artillery weapons which can be devastating to troops and structures. Portable blaster cannons are pretty much akin to real-world bazookas and the largest of these are fitted on atmospheric vehicles.

quote:

Portable blaster cannons(about the size of real-world bazookas) fire powerful bolts of energy. Often used as an antivehicle weapon, the blaster cannon has the range and power to inflict devastation on troops and structures alike.

- Revised Core Rulebook

quote:

Blaster Cannon- Also known as 'flash cannon' the blaster cannon is a limited ranged heavy artillery weapon. Though not as powerful as the laser cannon.

- Taken from New Essential Guide to Vehicles & Vessels

Laser cannons are confirmed superior to the Blaster Cannon.

Don't got much time to really get into the finer details if you're wanting Legends.

I mean I guess Disney would follow the same principle, so you could probably go for both being like that.

Feat wise though, for Legends I don't got time right now.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 11th, 2017 at 04:12 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 04:06 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Ah, Legends only.

I am talking about the type of laser cannons fitted on ships and the like, that are used to blow asteroids and stuff like that. In general, what is the upper limit on their power?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 07:11 PM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Ah, Legends only.

I am talking about the type of laser cannons fitted on ships and the like, that are used to blow asteroids and stuff like that. In general, what is the upper limit on their power?

I’ll see what I can dig up when I get home from work, on phone right now.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Ah, Legends only.

Alright from what I've read, it's a little tricky cause there's many types of cannons so there's no real hard set.

But it seems laser cannons can destroy speeders, starfighters and small asteroids at the least. Again though, there's different laser cannons, light, heavy, quad and so on, so it depends. There's also different kinds of armoring, shields and so on for whatever is being hit, so getting a firm answer is tricky.

Still they are the sort of middle man if you will in regards to bigger blaster weaponry. Blaster cannons being able to destroy structures, vehicles and the like, you could scale up from there with the laser cannon since the latter is the superior weapon.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:57 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:54 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quote that says Xizor f**ks Guri, his personal robot sex bot.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 01:28 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote