KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Tenebrous and Plagueis vs Revan and Novel Vitiate

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The RoT Sith 8 53.33%
The TOR Duo 7 46.67%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tenebrous and Plagueis vs Revan and Novel Vitiate
Started by: Ursumeles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Bane in ROT ****ed up a much larger blast door, so if someone wants to scale Tenebrous off of that...

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 11:24 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
and would have unlikely been diminished by much of a degree considering the speed at which it was travelling, and the minimal resistance it would have met.

Indeed

The surface area of the expanding explosion impacting Tenebrous' barrier is what severely diminished what Tenebrous needs to actually block

FYI?

10 meters from the epicenter?

About 1/1000th the energy of an omnidirectional explosion is exerted on a human sized surface area

Granted, we're talking a barrier, but we're also talking a blast radius greater than 10 meters *shrugs*

quote:
More to the point it the kinetic buffet alone was enough to knock Plagueis on his ass, and Tenebrous capably warded it off while suspending massive slabs from the ceiling.

The sheer mass alone is underwhelming as a feat without knowing the speed by which the mass of rock was moving before Tenebrous halted it's KE *shrugs*

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 11:36 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No that's just conjecture. I mean really the sum of your argument is "its a massively massive door and therefore can tank massively massive explosions!"

Retarded yeah.

Regardless the explosion was potent enough to flood a mine the size of several catherdals in seconds, if that, which is probably more than the Barensthor could ever hope to output, and would have unlikely been diminished by much of a degree considering the speed at which it was travelling, and the minimal resistance it would have met.

More to the point it the kinetic buffet alone was enough to knock Plagueis on his ass, and Tenebrous capably warded it off while suspending massive slabs from the ceiling.

Yeah, I'm sure the developers created possibly the largest, thickest and most impressively sizable door in the game and thought "weak as shit". It's a blast door designed to stop explosions, obviously it would be highly resistant to kinetic damage. Indeed, it is considerably larger and thicker than the other blast doors found in the game, even those installed to protect military facilities and high-yield ordinance, the obvious and correct interpretation is that it is intended to be enormously strong.

Explosions diminish considerably simply by traveling through the air, so the distance and resistance would be more than adequate in lessening the force. And you say they were in a large area? The force would be immensely spread out and lessened. Its unlikely they faced a fraction of the force of the initial explosion.

Noob Plagueis getting knocked over doesn't mean much, the text doesn't state he actively had a shield up. The explosion was such that it merely set the hawk-bats caught up in it on fire and they weren't shredded by the blast. Furthermore, Plagueis was the one who was holding up the slabs, Tenebrous merely started helping him do that, notably when the fireballs final flames reached them.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 30th, 2016 at 11:50 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, I'm sure the developers created possibly the largest, thickest and most impressively sizable door in the game and thought "weak as shit". It's a blast door designed to stop explosions, obviously it would be highly resistant to kinetic damage. Indeed, it is considerably larger and thicker than the other blast doors found in the game, even those installed to protect military facilities and high-yield ordinance, the obvious and correct interpretation is that it is intended to be enormously strong.
That's not the point at all, the point is that your throwing out conjecture as to how strong.

Regardless we know, not strong enough for Act 1 Barensethor is blow through, so maybe "weak as shit" is that much of an exaggeration.

quote:
Explosions diminish considerably simply by traveling through the air, so the distance and resistance would be more than adequate in lessening the force. And you say they were in a large area? The force would be immensely spread out and lessened.
Through dispersal yeah, in which case this explosion was funnelled through a series of tunnels, within an entirely enclosed space, and at nigh instant speeds.

quote:
Noob Plagueis getting knocked over doesn't mean much, the text doesn't state he actively had a shield up. The explosion was such that it merely set the hawk-bats caught up in it on fire and they weren't shredded by the blast. Furthermore, Plagueis was the one who was holding up the slabs, Tenebrous merely started helping him do that, notably when the fireballs final flames reached them.
Noob Plagueis? Lol. He was a fully-fledged Sith Lord with 50 years or so of training under his belt, I doubt the Barsenthor could even so much as budge him. And the explosion was described as "vaporising" so I imagine those bats didn't last long.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 12:01 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Indeed

The surface area of the expanding explosion impacting Tenebrous' barrier is what severely diminished what Tenebrous needs to actually block
I feel like being funnelled through a tunnel would also increase the intensity as well, but I'm just a layman uneducated in the realm of physics. smile

quote:
FYI?

10 meters from the epicenter?

About 1/1000th the energy of an omnidirectional explosion is exerted on a human sized surface area

Granted, we're talking a barrier, but we're also talking a blast radius greater than 10 meters *shrugs*
That's a nice stat but seems rather relative, it doesn't take that big an explosion to kill a person for example, even if their only struck by 1/1000th of it, and an explosion that an fill several massive cathedrals is overkill in that regard, and getting caught it in would presumably f*ck over most people, even if they are only exposed to a fraction of it.

quote:
The sheer mass alone is underwhelming as a feat without knowing the speed by which the mass of rock was moving before Tenebrous halted it's KE *shrugs*
The speed at which gravity accelerated it I would think...

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

I feel like being funnelled through a tunnel would also increase the intensity as well, but I'm just a layman uneducated in the realm of physics. smile

Was it being funneled? Genuinely don't remember *shrugs*

Thought it was destroying the tunnel

If it was only funneled through, I'm not even sure it was that amazing an explosion to begin with *shrugs*

quote:
That's a nice stat but seems rather relative, it doesn't take that big an explosion to kill a person for example, even if their only struck by 1/1000th of it, and an explosion that an fill several massive cathedrals is overkill in that regard, and getting caught it in would presumably f*ck over most people, even if they are only exposed to a fraction of it.

Fill several cathedrals?

Or destroy?

Because you're only talking, what, the AOE of an MOAB/FOAB if it was only expansive enough to "fill" it

And it wouldn't even necessarily hold the power of one given, well, the destruction isn't exactly extreme if the explosion isn't plowing through the rock over just being funneled down a path *shrugs*

It'd hold massively more energy than either in the case the rock is being obliterated, but it just comes back to my first issue where surface area diminishes the intensity

Like I said, my example was from 10 meters away

Wasn't Tenebrous considerably further away?

quote:
The speed at which gravity accelerated it I would think...

That's why I called it underwhelming *shrugs*

I'm looking more for excess of triple digits m/s before I roll out of bed

Even then, it's just another bit feat

Tenebrous gets powerscaling, that's largely his only claim to fame and why I even bother contemplating him as a fighter

Last edited by ChaosTheory123 on Dec 1st, 2016 at 12:20 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 12:18 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
[B]Lmfao. I'm fairly certain many individual's survived the world-razing without even using the Force (ex. many of the green balls, many of the Jedi, etc.).

You being "fairly certain" doesn't mean it's true given that the blast literally destroyed armies of Force sensitives as per the source I posted. And so what if someone survived? It's a good feat for them, lmao.

Still waiting for either Revan or Vitiate replicate that hundredfold before either of them are going to touch Tenebrous.

quote:
And the second feat isn't a literal Force shield around it. It's an energy shield that's protecting the stronghold.

Capital F in "Force field". The feat is legit thumb up

quote:
Uh, because he isn't?

Revan’s head snapped to the side, shock and horror emanating from him even though his mask hid his expression,

The distraction gave the Emperor the opportunity he needed, and he unleshed another blast of lightning into the Jedi’s chest.

Scourge could smell burning flesh, as Revan screamed once, then collapsed to the ground, unconscious.

One. Shot thumb up

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 08:53 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Az's straw grasping is cute.

Tenebrous is outmatched here. His feats are rather shitty for his vaunted placement, and scaling from Bane isn't gonna get him much as Vitiate and Revan shits on Bane, too.

What straws are there to grasp? Sourcebooks say Banite scaling is legit and the weakest member of the entire line (at that moment) can tank army busting attacks. Now tell me how it is supposedly beyond Tenebrous to defend against Revan's coalition ragdolling.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 08:59 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Tenebrous is shit? Show me Revan sensing the states of individual midi-chlorians. Show me Revan running so fast that he nearly knocks Plagueis over. Show me Revan capably repelling explosions so great that they obliterate mines with tunnels the size of cathedrals. Show me Revan mathematically calculating the future or the connections to the Force of unborn life forms. Show me Revan being some thirty power-ups above Bane.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 10:25 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Only one thing you mentioned was really relevant to combat, and frankly causing a mine to collapse isn't a big deal. They're notoriously unstable and prone to collapse.

I mean, the very first boss in the Consular campaign also collapsed a large series of caves by ripping the ceiling out of it before he got a giant power up and Thor still smashed him so hard someone watching literally started worshiping her.

Basically what I'm saying is that 'Thor is a beast.

Last edited by Nephthys on Dec 1st, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 10:32 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Last edited by Ursumeles on Dec 1st, 2016 at 10:51 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 10:43 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by SunRazer
Tenebrous is shit?

No

His conventional raw power feats suck *shrugs*

Doesn't matter when he has powerscaling

But his actual feats suck

I'd say most feats in Star Wars in general kind of suck, but I tend to think in a larger scale than you do *shrugs*

quote:
Show me Revan sensing the states of individual midi-chlorians.

This is beneficial in combat?

His precision with sensing is better, so what?

quote:
Show me Revan running so fast that he nearly knocks Plagueis over.

Context is king here

How far was he from Plagueis? I have to assume you mean air pressure, because any ******* can do this with a tackle (hell, I used to do this at ****ing recess in middle school).

Regardless?

I'm doubtful this requires more than transonic, if that, given the kind of wind that can push around human sized masses

quote:
Show me Revan capably repelling explosions so great that they obliterate mines with tunnels the size of cathedrals.

Your ignorance isn't an excuse to wank a bit feat dude *shrugs*

Shit, its not like the depth of knowledge required here is anything outside you learn in high school

Tenebrous was hilariously outside the epicenter of the explosion. The surface area of what his barrier needed to defend against is a pittance to the actual power of the entire blast

If you want a feat to gawk at, gawk at Zannah defending against a wave of energy that was set to raze Ruusan to from some unknown number of kilometers away

Sure, it remains unimpressive in who benefits from it, but its orders of magnitude above this shit *shrugs*

quote:
Show me Revan mathematically calculating the future or the connections to the Force of unborn life forms.

Ok, he's brilliant

Raw intellect is a measure of how much magic you can toss around?

News to me *shrugs*

quote:
Show me Revan being some thirty power-ups above Bane.

It sounds impressive when you say 30

Yet remains underwhelming when you remember how much each generation grew in power is never actually stipulated

Could be anything from nigh equals with barely an incremental increase to a meteoric rise

When you can demonstrate tangible, measurable growth?

This might actually be worth someone's time to more than shrug off as a pretty anecdote *shrugs*

You're free to speculate, but that's all it remains. No substance behind it sans gut feeling derived from what you think should be.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 10:47 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Only one thing you mentioned was really relevant to combat, and frankly causing a mine to collapse isn't a big deal. They're notoriously unstable and prone to collapse.

I mean, the very first boss in the Consular campaign also collapsed a large series of caves by ripping the ceiling out of it before he got a giant power up and Thor still smashed him so hard someone watching literally started worshiping her.

Basically what I'm saying is that 'Thor is a beast.

That didn't mean this one was.

Nalen Raloch was calling down the cave (which is a minuscule fraction of the size of the mines on Bal'Demnic) much slower than the explosion did the mines, lmfao. Besides, the fact that the Consular fled the caves rather than supporting the collapsing pieces like Tenebrous did only suggests that they lacked the power at the time to actually defend themselves from the cave-in. Your comparison is terrible.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 10:50 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

@Chaos - I didn't say those were combat-displays of power, just attacking the general notion that Tenebrous is just weak in general. It's not as if non-combat showings are irrelevant - otherwise most of the claims to the fame for the OR kingpins are invalidated.

The feats suck in comparison to what? Your vaunted anime feats? Or in comparison to the majority of SW showings? You tell me which one is more relevant here.

He was standing next to Plagueis, IIRC, and knocking over human sized masses doesn't mean anything compared to knocking over one of the most powerful Dark Lords ever, lol.

As for the Zannah showing, that was an instinctive manifestation of potential as opposed to displaying mastered power on a whim, but that doesn't matter considering that Tenebrous has some thirty power-ups on Zannah, so that only strengthens Tenebrous' standing. Tenebrous not being at the epicenter doesn't change the fact that the explosion was still collapsing cathedral-sized mine tunnels and knocking Plagueis off his feet at the time that it reached Tenebrous.

And as impressive as Tenebrous' mathematical calculations are, that doesn't mean I expect such things to be necessary to analyze somebody's power level. Holistically, Tenebrous is several orders of magnitude beyond the likes of Bane and Zannah, and immediately preceding Plagueis. That in of itself speaks to a greater amount of holistic power than Revan and many others can speak to.

EDIT:

quote:
It sounds impressive when you say 30

Yet remains underwhelming when you remember how much each generation grew in power is never actually stipulated

Could be anything from nigh equals with barely an incremental increase to a meteoric rise

When you can demonstrate tangible, measurable growth?

This might actually be worth someone's time to more than shrug off as a pretty anecdote *shrugs*

You're free to speculate, but that's all it remains. No substance behind it sans gut feeling derived from what you think should be.

There's nothing underwhelming about unspecified information, lol. Anyways, Palpatine and Plagueis both gained meteoric power-ups and Tenebrous spent well over a human lifetime growing after succeeding his own master, so I'm tempted to say that the gap would also be very sizable. That aside, even slight power-ups amount to a significant disparity between Bane and Tenebrous, even though it's evidently not just slight power-ups each time based on the underlying basis for the Rule of Two, the established precedent for the amount of power gained upon a Banite Master's death, and how much time each Banite Master has to grow in power after taking the throne.

Last edited by SunRazer on Dec 1st, 2016 at 11:09 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 10:56 AM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

@Chaos - I didn't say those were combat-displays of power, just attacking the general notion that Tenebrous is just weak in general. It's not as if non-combat showings are irrelevant - otherwise most of the claims to the fame for the OR kingpins are invalidated.

Not what I mean

I don't do that whole "combat" vs "non-combat" shit

Given crossover fights include many verses with supernatural powers yet no actual fights?

That's kind of a stupid stipulation in my normal arena

What I mean by "non-combat" as you put it here?

The esoteric shit like precision sensory that has combat utility, but suffers vast diminished returns in how far cranking it up matters

quote:
And the feats suck in comparison to what? Your vaunted anime feats?

Not even discussing medium

I'm just talking his tier

They're too generic, nondescript, a waste of my time to do any kind of math for

They're like Dooku's Obelisk feat

I can eyeball that while high balling it and still be underwhelmed

quote:
Or in comparison to the majority of SW showings?

Dude

****ing Kanan Jarrus has better feats

Chucking those Asteroids is hilariously above anything Tenebrous showcased

Hell, the Eighth Brother and Seventh Sister lifting that Jedi Temple is plausibly better too if I had to actually give it thought and comparison *shrugs*

For a guy of Tenebrous' tier?

His feats suck

But, as I noted?

He gets powerscaling, albeit not to Kanan Jarrus because different canon

quote:
He was standing next to Plagueis, IIRC, and knocking over human sized masses doesn't mean anything compared to knocking over one of the most powerful Dark Lords ever, lol.

A human sized mass

Where the super human strength characters possess in franchise is negligibly different in terms of order of magnitude from low tier to top tier

Kind of how it works when your best strength feats are Kenobi ****ing up Grievous' armor (because it eats starship lasers and explosions that ****ed up a city or some shit), Grievous can trade blows with the ****er, and season 1 Ahsoka can manage to not get her arms broken from clashing with the guy *shrugs*

It's kind of like after images, why should I be impressed by bowling over a human sized mass, especially when super weight isn't an actual law of physics but an anime/video game trope

quote:
As for the Zannah showing, that was an instinctive manifestation of potential as opposed to displaying mastered power on a whim, but that doesn't matter considering that Tenebrous has some thirty power-ups on Zannah, so that only strengthens Tenebrous' standing.

So we're just ignoring the part where complete nothings, both Jedi and Sith, survived without erecting barriers

Like I said, its an impressive feat, but when fodder can accomplish the same, who cares outside of crossover battles?

In universe comparisons are worthless

quote:
Tenebrous not being at the epicenter doesn't change the fact that the explosion was still collapsing cathedral-sized mine tunnels and knocking Plagueis off his feet at the time that it reached Tenebrous.

It kind of does

As I've told Beni?

Simple math tells me even being 10 meters outside the epicenter diminishes the payload eaten a hilarious amount

Seriously, have fun with 4PIr^2

It's all you'll need here *shrugs*

Anyway, I've got to sleep. Later dude and good night.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 11:14 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That didn't mean this one was.

Nalen Raloch was calling down the cave (which is a minuscule fraction of the size of the mines on Bal'Demnic) much slower than the explosion did the mines, lmfao. Besides, the fact that the Consular fled the caves rather than supporting the collapsing pieces like Tenebrous did only suggests that they lacked the power at the time to actually defend themselves from the cave-in. Your comparison is terrible.

It means that it wouldn't take much to destablise the mine and trigger a cave-in. Chaos has already thoroughly debunked the idea that the shockwave was especially notable when it hit them, even if it would be powerful enough to trigger the cave in initially.

Uh, yeah, TK is slower than an explosion. News at 11. The Consular fleeing only demonstrates prudence since they have no clue how much of the cave could collapse (the whole mountain could come down on her, lol) and have no reason to support it, especially when Raloch is currently getting away. It's not like she could weld the ceiling back together, holding it up would accomplish nothing. Plagueis and Tenebrous fled the explosion initially as well, remember.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 11:25 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It means that it wouldn't take much to destablise the mine and trigger a cave-in. Chaos has already thoroughly debunked the idea that the shockwave was especially notable when it hit them, even if it would be powerful enough to trigger the cave in initially.

Uh, yeah, TK is slower than an explosion. News at 11. The Consular fleeing only demonstrates prudence since they have no clue how much of the cave could collapse (the whole mountain could come down on her, lol) and have no reason to support it, especially when Raloch is currently getting away. It's not like she could weld the ceiling back together, holding it up would accomplish nothing. Plagueis and Tenebrous fled the explosion initially as well, remember.

1. Not all mines are the same. The shockwave sent Plagueis flying, so yeah, it was notable. Authorial intent and demonstrable facts >>> fan-made calculations that the author obviously didn't bother considering.

2. Try crying over how demolished your case is rather than shooting sarcastic remarks. You were trying to compare Raloch's performance to that of the explosion's. They don't compare, at all, and it isn't just travel speed, but the potency of the attacks as well. At minimum, the surrounding area would've collapsed instantly, but it didn't. The explosion was infinitely more powerful than the TK you're mentioning.

As for whether lifting up slabs would do anything, wasn't the Holocron still sitting there? I don't recall Raloch taking it, but I may be wrong. If so, the Consular holding up the slabs and moving them somewhere else would've saved the Holocron.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 11:30 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Not what I mean

I don't do that whole "combat" vs "non-combat" shit

Given crossover fights include many verses with supernatural powers yet no actual fights?

That's kind of a stupid stipulation in my normal arena

What I mean by "non-combat" as you put it here?

The esoteric shit like precision sensory that has combat utility, but suffers vast diminished returns in how far cranking it up matters

Which still doesn't diminish it as an extreme showing of Force mastery?

quote:
Not even discussing medium

I'm just talking his tier

They're too generic, nondescript, a waste of my time to do any kind of math for

They're like Dooku's Obelisk feat

You could say that of every character given what the likes of Rivi-Anu have been able to accomplish.

I admit Tenebrous could obviously use more and better showings, but he's a supporting character and what we have for him is pretty good. He certainly doesn't belong down in the dumps like a number of people here pretend.

quote:
I can eyeball that while high balling it and still be underwhelmed

Whereas you can eyeball Revan being one-shotted by Vitiate's Lightning and calculate that he absorbed 97% of the Lightning?

quote:
****ing Kanan Jarrus has better feats

Chucking those Asteroids is hilariously above anything Tenebrous showcased

Hell, the Eighth Brother and Seventh Sister lifting that Jedi Temple is plausibly better too if I had to actually give it thought and comparison *shrugs*

For a guy of Tenebrous' tier?

His feats suck

But, as I noted?

He gets powerscaling, albeit not to Kanan Jarrus because different canon

You might want to consider the ease and immediacy of Tenebrous' feat (I assume you're referring to the Barrier one) before you go around claiming about how shit it is. Obviously he could use more, but just dismissing them on the basis of them sucking isn't enough. Not when most of the characters who are supported here don't have showings of that caliber to begin with. And that's kind of my point. Tenebrous' showings alone would actually put him above the shit-tier that half of the people have him in.

quote:
A human sized mass

Where the super human strength characters possess in franchise is negligibly different in terms of order of magnitude from low tier to top tier

Kind of how it works when your best strength feats are Kenobi ****ing up Grievous' armor (because it eats starship lasers and explosions that ****ed up a city or some shit), Grievous can trade blows with the ****er, and season 1 Ahsoka can manage to not get her arms broken from clashing with the guy *shrugs*

It's kind of like after images, why should I be impressed by bowling over a human sized mass, especially when super weight isn't an actual law of physics but an anime/video game trope

Maybe because Jedi and Sith don't get knocked over as easily as regular humans?

quote:
So we're just ignoring the part where complete nothings, both Jedi and Sith, survived without erecting barriers

Like I said, its an impressive feat, but when fodder can accomplish the same, who cares outside of crossover battles?

In universe comparisons are worthless

Maybe because they weren't actually hit by the storm? Is it ever shown that they just waded through the storm without a Barrier and emerged unscathed?

quote:
It kind of does

As I've told Beni?

Simple math tells me even being 10 meters outside the epicenter diminishes the payload eaten a hilarious amount

Seriously, have fun with 4PIr^2

It's all you'll need here *shrugs*

Anyway, I've got to sleep. Later dude and good night.

How on earth does this change the fact that it was doing the things I mentioned when it hit Tenebrous?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 11:31 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

1. Not all mines are the same. The shockwave sent Plagueis flying, so yeah, it was notable. Authorial intent and demonstrable facts >>> fan-made calculations that the author obviously didn't bother considering.

2. Try crying over how demolished your case is rather than shooting sarcastic remarks. You were trying to compare Raloch's performance to that of the explosion's. They don't compare, at all, and it isn't just travel speed, but the potency of the attacks as well. At minimum, the surrounding area would've collapsed instantly, but it didn't. The explosion was infinitely more powerful than the TK you're mentioning.

As for whether lifting up slabs would do anything, wasn't the Holocron still sitting there? I don't recall Raloch taking it, but I may be wrong. If so, the Consular holding up the slabs and moving them somewhere else would've saved the Holocron.

It's something that happens. It's what happens when an explosion occurs underground. It's how physic's work. Obviously the explosion did trigger a cave-in and therefore it really needn't have been a powerful explosion to pull it off. Plagueis being a dummy and not defending himself means nothing.

Lawl, cry harder. I don't even get what you're trying to say, it looks like you're just moaning. You think Raloch should have collapsed the cave that he was in, instantly? And I wasn't directly comparing the two feats, I was more pointing out that a similar result was achieved by Raloch ripping the ceiling apart, proving that you can destabilize a cave network rather easily.

I'm looking at it on youtube. I think the Consular picks it up before they flee the cave since it disappears after the cutscene ends. It's also worth mentioning that you're attacked by (apparently suicidal) Flesh Raiders as you flee the cave, with a bonus quest to killing them so theres canonical evidence for them being there. So there's really no reason for her to try holding up a mountain and she'd be attacked while doing so. wink

Last edited by Nephthys on Dec 1st, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 11:45 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

1. You don't get to play the "dummy didn't defend himself" card when you take Malgus' Force Lightning/Wave on the Strike Teams as legitimate showings, lol.

2. It's not just destabilizing cave networks, though. Your comparison still doesn't make sense, considering since the cave Raloch collapsed is nothing compared to the mines on Bal'Demnic.

Fair enough on them taking the holocron.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 11:50 AM