KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Can these guys beat real life earth if they start killing random people

Can these guys beat real life earth if they start killing random people
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
I'll give you the sniper rifle (as i was just kidding earlier), but i dint see him tanking a nuke, or just "flying away". I mean, you can i get these are comics characters, but sometimes the things posters think, or at least say, they can do is down right cartoonish.

How so?

Black Bolt can fly absurdly fast and could detect anyting like a nuclear bomb ages before it reached him.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 02:25 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Dareangel
first of all there are weapons more powerful than a nuke. a nuke is simply the most common one. hydrogen bombs for example. secondly, the military technology is very advanced today. not only nuke heads on every common ship and sub marine, but also as far as rifle bullets that can penetrate layers of titanium with easy. simple rifle rounds that could and should take out blackbolt and even penetrate colossus. for example black tip armor piercing bullets fired from a 50 bmg. this is not the comics world where bullets are useless.

Semantics. When i say nukes im referring to all wmds. The payload doesnt matter. We could drop a hydrogen bomb on US soil but 1 theres no guarantee hed die and two wed be done. The heart of the us government lies in DC. It would be suicide with no guarantee of success et al.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 02:53 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

So they win.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 03:22 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

What about biological warfare? Something that we all have an immunity to, but Inhumans don't. Why wouldn't that work on BB?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 03:50 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Pretty much. Not sure where everyone is getting this sniper nonsense from. Scorched earth is even less plausible

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 03:51 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Like smallpox.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 03:57 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Were going to target black bolt with a biological weapon while hes trying to kill earth?

Well have a few days tops.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 04:02 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Like smallpox.
unrealistic

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 04:03 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Cholera and meningitis both can kill within hours. Also not sure how combat effective BB would be when he's got acute diarrhoea, amongst other things.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 04:08 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
unrealistic

Why is it unrealistic? The CDC holds all the moat virulent strains of infectious diseases. Small pox has been eradicated through vaccination programs, which the Inhumans don't have (plus, they're meant to be more susceptible aren't they, to human borne diseases and pollution).

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 04:11 PM
krisblaze

Cholera and meningitis both can kill within hours. Also not sure how combat effective BB would be when he's got acute diarrhoea, amongst other things.

Yes, but we have to target him with them and the guy vaporize things at an absurd distance, moves really fast and can detect energy-shenanigans as it approaches him.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 04:15 PM
DarkSaint85

Once the initials missiles etc don't work (which, let's be honest, would be the first wave of defence; I'm not pretending that the US military suddenly forgets it uses them), then they can always fall back onto less obvious methods.

Infected animals, people, airburst over an area (remember, who cares if people get sick....WE have cures and medication, they don't), dirty bombs....

Nukes result not only in a large loads of life, but more importantly on US soil, a loss of assets. Bio warfare would leave buildings etc standing...much cheaper.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 04:21 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

(plus, they're meant to be more susceptible aren't they, to human borne diseases and pollution).

Im not gonna call this a myth since it's been referenced once on panel. Im just curious where u got your info from

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 05:02 PM
DarkSaint85

The same panel you got your info from? stick out tongue I just got it from a wiki, which is why I wasn't sure. Has it been referenced on panel then?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 05:04 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

I doubt they would kill all those people and try so many chemical weapons on them, this is going down in the heart of a city like manhatten and there working together

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 05:08 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
I doubt they would kill all those people and try so many chemical weapons on them, this is going down in the heart of a city like manhatten and there working together

Again, with proper medical care, people don't die from cholera or smallpox, especially in a western city like Manhattan.

It's those without a proper support structure who will die, like your team.

This is why invasions fail, its through faults in logistics and support, rather than the strength of its army.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 05:14 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Can they affect rhino venom and colossus

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 05:29 PM
DarkSaint85

Rhino, probably.

The others are susceptible to other things. Heat, sonics, magnets, bullets etc

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 05:50 PM
Cogito

What about biological warfare? Something that we all have an immunity to, but Inhumans don't...Like smallpox.

Unless you're old af, you don't have any immunity to smallpox. It was eradicated in the US by 1950, and nobody since then has been vaccinated.

Originally posted by Dareangel
first of all there are weapons more powerful than a nuke. a nuke is simply the most common one. hydrogen bombs for example.

A hydrogen (aka thermonuclear) bomb is a nuke. There are old school fission (aka atomic) bombs such as the type dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and there are newer fusion (aka hydrogen or thermonuclear) bombs.

Both fission and fusion are types of nuclear reactions, and both are colloquially known as "nukes".

--

That said, we're phucked. Could we kill BB? Probably - between Russia and the US we could detonate thousands of nukes in his face. Not sure if destroying ourselves really counts as much of a win though.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 06:18 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

How do we know he won't just turn the bomb away?

I feel like it would more or less end up like it did versus Krishna in Supergod.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 06:22 PM