KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Shazam! (2019)

Shazam! (2019)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (109): « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 39 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
James T. Kirk
Captain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
thumb up

In terms of good acting, Chris Pine carried the film along. Thats why they are bringing him back for the sequel.

And Patty Jenkins herself said she never would have chosen Gadot. That said Jenkins did manage to get an acceptable performance out of her. Something Snyder couldnt do.
Hey. smile Sent ya a PM a coupla weeks ago.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 02:19 PM
James T. Kirk is currently offline Click here to Send James T. Kirk a Private Message Find more posts by James T. Kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seems like Ron Cephas passed on the role of the Wizard, Djimon Hansou has gotten it.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 03:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I dont mind that.

Never really seen Cephas in anything (that i recall) but Djimon has been entertaining me in supporting roles for years.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 05:18 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by riv6672
I dont mind that.

Never really seen Cephas in anything (that i recall)

He's been a in indie show called Luke cage, You may of heard of it.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 11th, 2018 at 06:42 AM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 06:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I may have, in which case i guess i’d have found Cephas’ performance pretty forgettable.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 09:36 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I dont mind that.

Never really seen Cephas in anything (that i recall) but Djimon has been entertaining me in supporting roles for years.

have you ever watched the tv show This is Us? Ron Cephas Jones is in that

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 05:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^yeah, my spouse pointed that out. Its her show but i’ll wind up sitting through an ep. occasionally.
Again, no disrespect to the guy, but he’s never made any impression on me.
I pretty much remember everything i’ve seen Djimon in since GLADIATOR.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 10:25 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Pic from the movie:

(please log in to view the image)

Higher res: https://i.imgur.com/FAlt9Ik.jpg

With the right tone and a good script, this movie could be something special. Fingers crossed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 10:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by -Pr-
Pic from the movie:

[b](please log in to view the image)

I'm sorry, but this looks awful.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 01:33 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ I'd like to see you do better

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 01:34 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji

haha, burn!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 04:31 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by tkitna

I'm sorry, but this looks awful.

To be Fair, doing Comic Book Super Hero Costumes in REAL LIFE Never really look that good.

But that don't really look all that bad. Have seen far, Far Worse.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 09:46 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

laughing Its not my job to come up with something better than that, but if it was, i'm sure I would come up with something better than a costume that looks like it was stolen from the set of some lame CW television show. Look at those boots. Somebody said phuck it and just allowed them to be an afterthought. Who sat down and said 'Gee, those look great'? What a disaster, and to think someones actually getting paid to come up with that.

By Stoic

Last edited by tkitna on Jul 12th, 2018 at 10:42 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 10:36 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Here's somebodys cheap cosplay costume that looks just as good.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 10:40 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Could they have padded the actor up more? lol. Looks bad. Maybe they'll cgi out some of the padding. Course we know WB hasn't been the best with cgi..

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 12:43 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
Pic from the movie:

Higher res: https://i.imgur.com/FAlt9Ik.jpg

With the right tone and a good script, this movie could be something special. Fingers crossed.

That is SHAZAM. Love it.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 02:15 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Anybody remember that horror movie 'lights out'? Well now it's set in the same universe as the DCEU

quote:
In June 2018, Sandberg stated that his then-upcoming film Shazam! would be set in the same fictional universe as Lights Out, featuring a character from that film in a cameo appearance.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 02:52 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by tkitna
Here's somebodys cheap cosplay costume that looks just as good.

So you post this, while missing the point Kaz has repeatedly made that CM is how a young man/geek imagines a hero would look, hence the cosplay vibe as opposed to sleek super layered spandex or armored look.

Irony. laughing

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 04:30 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Suits looks good and a trailer is confirmed for comic con.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 04:50 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

So you post this, while missing the point Kaz has repeatedly made that CM is how a young man/geek imagines a hero would look, hence the cosplay vibe as opposed to sleek super layered spandex or armored look.

Irony. laughing

So they are making Shazam look retarded on purpose? Well, they're succeeding.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 06:59 PM