KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Sacking of Coruscant - Jedi gauntlet

The Sacking of Coruscant - Jedi gauntlet
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Petrus
Debonaire Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Nope 50 of the Empire's best according to Deceived. Keep this in mind roughly 100 Jedi including Yoda, Mace, and some of the most powerful Jedi in the Order's 20,000 year history had extreme difficulty tracking down Cad Bane in the Jedi Temple because he had the Temple Schematics. What do you think a fully trained Jedi Knight/ Master could do with the same?

I think 50 is still too high for a single Jedi [even if that Jedi is Kenobi or Mace] to take out one-by-one without the others taking defensive or offensive measures, especially because Malgus is there.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Petrus
I think 50 is still too high for a single Jedi [even if that Jedi is Kenobi or Mace] to take out one-by-one without the others taking defensive or offensive measures, especially because Malgus is there.

This isn't Prime Malgus this is pre power-up Malgus. 50 is not too high. It would take several minutes for Malgus to get reinforcements to his position. By which point someone like Mace will kill him.

The North Remembers

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yeah, but many still died regardless. Plus droids are so far below trained Sith Lords it isn't even worth comparing.

Yeah, those many being less than fodder. My point is, if sh!t tiers like Coleman Trebor can slice through hundreds of droids, Mace should slice them by the thousands.

I'm not arguing if Mace can solo these fuggs or not, I'm just saying your example is a bad one.

Over time.

Mace noticed no sudden decrease in his power until he awoke from being unconscious for an extended period of time and and Space Vampire elaborated on what happen to his power . Even at half 1/8 his power, he should have been stomped that relatively weakling army into infinity and beyond, if anyone is suggesting he is winning here.

If he goes from being capable of casually crushing dozens of durasteel-armored Super Battle Droids to being overwhelmed by half-dead corpses, there's obviously a vast decrease, whether Mace notices it or not.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:04 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

This isn't Prime Malgus this is pre power-up Malgus. 50 is not too high. It would take several minutes for Malgus to get reinforcements to his position. By which point someone like Mace will kill him.

Still isn't a pushover by any means. Good enough to take down Zallow with only moderate difficulty and to butcher Kao.

I mean, it's possible for one of the Jedi to do it, but I see it as unlikely.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
Yeah, those many being less than fodder. My point is, if sh!t tiers like Coleman Trebor can slice through hundreds of droids, Mace should slice them by the thousands.

Literally, isn't my point. Had Mace been capable of straight up soloing this here thread [which is the crux of my reply], he could have done the same against that army of shitty battle droids without the causalities, and scored a decisive win for the Republic in the process. Especially, when other notable Jedi were helping out in the cause, yet, that wasn't the case - not by a long shot.

quote:
I'm not arguing if Mace can solo these fuggs or not

erm

Then stop wasting my time with this usual bs of yours.

quote:
If he goes from being capable of casually crushing dozens of durasteel-armored Super Battle Droids to being overwhelmed by half-dead corpses, there's obviously a vast decrease, whether Mace notices it or not.

I chalk it up to inconsistencies between within the medium, one being a high showings, the other being a low one. Even at 1/8 percent of his power - which he obviously wasn't at that point, what happened shouldn't have.

My point is, army busting isn't always a thing in Star Wars, or the droids would have been ****ed when faced with the likes of Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan on the battle field with Clones as backup. Yet, it's anything but - as shown time and again.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Feb 16th, 2017 at 09:20 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:10 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Literally, isn't my point. Had Mace been capable of straight up soloing this here thread [which is the crux of my reply], he could have done the same against that army of shitty battle droids without the causalities, and scored a decisive win for the Republic in the process. Especially, when other notable Jedi were helping out in the cause, yet, that wasn't the case - not by a long shot.

Tbf, though, this scenario is completely different to the Geonosis arena. Mainly because Mace, Kenobi and co. could hide and use their knowledge of the Temple to their advantage, rather than fighting at an open area with few strategic locations.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:16 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Nah, I saw what Azronger meant on CV regarding this thread, and it sure as hell isn't some, Rambo/Metal Gear, hit and fade type shit.

He meant a straight up slug fest.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:19 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Nah, I saw what Azronger meant on CV regarding this thread, and it sure as hell isn't some, Rambo/Metal Gear, hit and fade type shit.

Then there's absolutely no way they can win, tbh.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:21 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Which can just as easily be chalked up to the overwhelming amount of battle droids present at the battle; literally millions. It's well established any decent Jedi can solo hundreds of them, so the death of so many Jedi is clearly due to the overwhelming number of droids that even Mace couldn't solo... But there's a vastly smaller amount of Sith here.

erm

Then stop wasting my time with this usual bs of yours.

I wouldn't have to "waste your time" if you hadn't used a sh!tty example.

I chalk it up to inconsistencies between within, one being a high showings, the other being a low one. Even at 1/8 percent of his power - which he obviously wasn't at that point, what happened shouldn't have.

My point is, army busting isn't always a thing in Star Wars, or the droids would have been ****ed when faced with the likes of Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan on the battle field with Clones as backup. Yet, it's anything but - as shown time and again.

It isn't always a thing, but that's usually in the more subdued media like most canon sources, though Vader might have something to say about that. Logically, any high-tier Force user can best loads of fodder.

When Shaak Ti can hold off over a dozen of GGs best MagnaGuards(before the saberstaff) or over a solid minute while exhausted, or when Raskta Lsu can stomp hordes of Sith, then Mace sure as hell can absolutely decimate these guys.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:23 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
Which can just as easily be chalked up to the overwhelming amount of battle droids present at the battle; literally millions. It's well established any decent Jedi can solo hundreds of them, so the death of so many Jedi is clearly due to the overwhelming number of droids that even Mace couldn't solo

Yes, the Republic side has quite a few forces on their side too. I recall like hundreds of Jedi and over 100,000th of Clone Troopers and such. They were vastly outnumbered, sure, but droids are some of the worst fodder in the history of fodder with aim that makes them miss for days, and durability of plastic. I'm saying is - if Jedi are as good as some are trying to advertise them, they should have won.

quote:
But there's a vastly smaller amount of Sith here.

And Sith are significantly better than crappy battle droids. If only it was just the fodder sure he'd have a chance. Too bad some pretty powerful non-fodder Sith Lords are helping out - particularly Darth Malgus - someone capable of replicating feats Darth Vader, in one of the most exaggerated mediums, struggled to pull off.

No one here is clearing, much less Mace or Obi-Wan.

quote:
I wouldn't have to "waste your time" if you hadn't used a sh!tty example.

Nah, it wasn't really. It's just one of your many attempts to challenging me and failing horribly. smile

quote:
It isn't always a thing, but that's usually in the more subdued media like most canon sources, though Vader might have something to say about that.

Even in non-canon [or Legends] sources featuring Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka, we see them struggling with battle droids and the total number is nowhere tens of thousands. Or Mace himself struggling to best space zombies and flat-out losing.

Sure, characters have army busted, but they have failed to do so about as often as they succeeded and are usually not portrayed that way. So to say Mace is definitely taking out this many Sith Lords in conjunction with Darth ****ing Malgus is preposterous.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Feb 16th, 2017 at 09:48 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:46 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Nah its still a close match. Malgus and Adraas are the only real threats here. Ven Zallow was casually cutting through most of these guys.

The North Remembers

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Then yeah they die probably. Although honestly Zallow was cleaving through many of them like butter leads me to think Yoda and Sidious would be capable of soloing.

If it were just 50 random Sith, then yes, quite possibly. When you add in Malgus, however... Post-RotS Palps would, but I doubt RotS Yoda/Palps could.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 10:14 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Nah its still a close match. Malgus and Adraas are the only real threats here. Ven Zallow was casually cutting through most of these guys.

Ehh...
Malgus alone would give Mace one hell a fight - adding Adraas and 50 Sith Lords to the mix makes it a pretty decisive lost in my opinion.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 10:17 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Petrus
If it were just 50 random Sith, then yes, quite possibly. When you add in Malgus, however... Post-RotS Palps would, but I doubt RotS Yoda/Palps could.

ROTS Sidious and Yoda do it with limited difficulty. Not a single Sith in that crowd can even react to them. Those two move faster than the likes of Deceived Malgus and Adraas can perceive.

The North Remembers

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 10:17 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
Palps would, but I doubt RotS Yoda/Palps could.

woooooah, I wouldn't go that far.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 10:22 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

woooooah, I wouldn't go that far.

On second thought, RotS Yoda/Palps would beat 50 Sith + Malgus, but with some difficulty.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 10:24 PM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

ROTS Sidious and Yoda do it with limited difficulty. Not a single Sith in that crowd can even react to them. Those two move faster than the likes of Deceived Malgus and Adraas can perceive.

Aryn Leener can expand her perception to nano scale, while multitasking and "reacting faster than any machine" at the same time, to the point where she could piggyback a hyperspace jump of an imperial ship.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 10:55 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Revan FLS's.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 11:03 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

This is genuinely the most retarded argument I've ever seen you come out with, and that's saying something.

I don't care about this thread even remotely, but there are so many monumentous differences between Geonosis and this. The fact of the matter is, you're suggesting Mace couldn't have soloed the army on Geonosis, I'd ask where your proof of that is? We've seen him do it on Dantooine. Just because he couldn't solo the army and protect every one of the Jedi there doesn't mean he couldn't solo the army on his own.

What's more, being shot at from every angle and from hundreds of meters away is completely different to fighting melee combatants. There comes a point where amount of Sith is no longer the limiting factor to their effectiveness, 50 Sith would have no better luck killing Mace than 10, aside from their ability to wear down his stamina. The same cannot be said of 50 droids vs 10 droids, because unlike the Sith, all droids would be free to attack at once.

Again, not suggesting Mace wins this (though I could see it, tbfh) I'm just saying your argument is beyond paraplegic.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Difference between Dantooine and Geo Arena. The Arena wasn't an open area for maneuvering and the Jedi were literally under a droid factory pumping out thousands of droids, the novel describing that droids were coming out of everywhere. The Dantooine battle, Windu wasn't underneath an entire factory which was constantly pumping out droids.

Another thing, the droids Mace fought the vast majority of them didn't even fire their blasters, they essentially just stood there with only few of them attacking. Frankly the SBDs just decided to go into melee range of Windu...which makes zero sense given they have blaster arms.

Also forgetting that giant hammer thing that completely wrecked all the clones and droids too, which actually helped out Windu.

The most droids that Windu actually took on at any given time were squads, he never took on the whole bulk of the SBD army, the only time that ever happened was at the very start with the AOE Force attack.

Trying to say that Windu actually took on a whole army is incorrect, he didn't, he took on squads of SBDs, much less thousands and thousands of droids which is what the Geo Arena was about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF3ocZu4cZo&t=266s

It's right there.

quote:

Count Dooku glanced about the stadium, his smile widening. "It wasn't the Geonosians I was thinking about. How well do you think one Jedi will match up against a thousand battle droids?"

He had timed it perfectly. Just as he finished, a line of battle droids came down the corridor behind Mace Windu, their lasers firing. The Jedi reacted at once, spinning about and flashing his lightsaber to deflect the many bolts, turning them back on his attackers. He knew that these few droids were the least of his troubles, though, for as he glanced around he saw the source of Dooku's confidence thousands of battle droids rolling along every ramp, in the stands and out into the arena below.

- Taken from AOTC Novel

Thousands coming into the arena.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 17th, 2017 at 01:35 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote