KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Orion (grounded) vs Wolverine/Sabertooth/Spiderman

Orion (grounded) vs Wolverine/Sabertooth/Spiderman
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Orion is one of the most deadliest top tiers in comics. Think Hulk, but with super speed, insane fighting ability, and genius intellect, both in the scientific and combat areas.

Hes strong enough to fight a sun amped superman. I still say these 3 get beaten, and badly at that

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:50 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

Wolverine, Sabertooth, and Spider-Man are three of the most accomplished fighters in comics. Possessing super speed, insane fighting ability, genius intellect, both in the scientific (Spider-Man) and combat (Wolverine and Sabertooth) areas, plus the ability to damage even beings as strong as Hulk. They're well balanced enough to fight and defeat an enraged Hulk. I still say they take Orion down, albeit after a great fight.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 05:34 AM
Ize19 is currently offline Click here to Send Ize19 a Private Message Find more posts by Ize19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ize19
Wolverine, Sabertooth, and Spider-Man are three of the most accomplished fighters in comics. Possessing super speed, insane fighting ability, genius intellect, both in the scientific (Spider-Man) and combat (Wolverine and Sabertooth) areas, plus the ability to damage even beings as strong as Hulk. They're well balanced enough to fight and defeat an enraged Hulk. I still say they take Orion down, albeit after a great fight.

Three of the most? There are better fighters in comics, IMO. Super speed? For a super soldier, maybe, but not on the level of a top tier like Orion. Spidey's a genius, but not on the level of Orion. Not even close.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 06:25 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ize19

Originally posted by Zack M
Three of the most? There are better fighters in comics, IMO. Super speed? For a super soldier, maybe, but not on the level of a top tier like Orion. Spidey's a genius, but not on the level of Orion. Not even close.

Three of the most, not the three most. Were you saying Orion is the number 1 top tier? Not equal, but enough that they could keep him off balance long enough to start piling on the damage. Spider-Man has as much talent for science as Reed Richards, and blew away the Scientist Supreme with technology he'd invented at 15 years old.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 08:10 AM
Ize19 is currently offline Click here to Send Ize19 a Private Message Find more posts by Ize19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Three of the most, not the three most. Were you saying Orion is the number 1 top tier? Not equal, but enough that they could keep him off balance long enough to start piling on the damage. Spider-Man has as much talent for science as Reed Richards, and blew away the Scientist Supreme with technology he'd invented at 15 years old.

Orion has Parker beat in terms of tech feats. When has SM created something that is powerful as the Genesis Box? He hasn't. Technology is the New God's specialty.

Neither one of these guys has faced someone like Orion.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 08:22 AM
Ize19

Orion has Parker beat in terms of tech feats. When has SM created something that is powerful as the Genesis Box? He hasn't. Technology is the New God's specialty.

Neither one of these guys has faced someone like Orion.

It was an irrelevant tangent anyway. In this fight, Orion only has his physical stats to use. Just pointing out Parker's potential, really.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 09:11 AM
Senor Cage

Parker definitely is smart, but he hasn't done anything beyond Reed (on average) and Orion's best far outweigh his.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 09:17 AM
Ize19

Parker definitely is smart, but he hasn't done anything beyond Reed (on average) and Orion's best far outweigh his.

I'm sure you're a good guy, Zack, but I don't really feel like we're having a real conversation here...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 09:19 AM
Senor Cage

Then I guess we'll both agree to disagree. smile

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 09:20 AM
Ize19

I'm not saying I disagree with Orion's technological prowess, just its relevance.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 09:49 AM
Pillow Biter

Orion's showing in Superman KOTW are a bit misunderstood, which is understandable given some of the apparent internal contradictions in the arc. That said, Orion is clearly on Superman's day-to-day level in terms of raw strength and durability.

Orion's speed is unclear--sure, Simonson gave him some low-level (for DC) superspeed. But I'm not sure that other writers have always given him such speed. Still, it's unlikely to matter here much.

Orion will win. Handily.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 03:17 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, if you go all the way back to the Kirby era, almost all gods had feats that look like super speed

Take Mr. Miracle: One moment he's caught in a trap, with an ax coming at him. The next he's across the room as the axe comes down. Essentially "teleports" on panel.

Looks like super speed to me.

As for Orion, he's reacted to and caught Lightray, who's well established as multiples of light speed.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 03:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

It's New 52, but Superman/Orion produced sonic booms from their punches [i.e. their fists were moving faster than sound].

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 03:35 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

Thor also has such feats, though we've never attributed true super speed to Thor (recent Jane-Thor feats notwithstanding). In DC, almost all the bricks with real super speed have Flash-like feats that recur regularly, and/or are repeatedly and explicitly said to have super speed. With Orion, this hasn't been the case. I'm not coming down definitely on either side with respect to whether he has low-level super speed, or 'just' Thor-level speed. I'm just saying it seems debatable to me, but I may not have seen all the relevant evidence.

As for travel speed, it does not necessarily indicate true, combat super speed.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 03:37 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

How ****ing dumb do you have to be deny Orion's speed.

You should be executed in a ditch somewhere.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:34 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'm sure you're a good guy, Zack, but I don't really feel like we're having a real conversation here...

Golgo is okay, but his DC fanboyism knows no bounds --- and by that I mean, if this thread was about Calendar Man facing Beyonder and Molecule Man, Golgo would bet on CM wink

(please log in to view the image)

Pretty good debate here, btw. Keep it up, guys.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 04:54 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Golgo is okay, but his DC fanboyism knows no bounds --- and by that I mean, if this thread was about Calendar Man facing Beyonder and Molecule Man, Golgo would bet on CM wink

Pretty good debate here, btw. Keep it up, guys.

I was actually a wolverine fan before Orion or anything DC. That was looong ago, though.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 05:45 PM
Ize19

Originally posted by leonidas
this is very different from a fight against, say thor. orion has a powerset much better suited to taking out this team. he is fast enough to bfr one (not permanently) and pick them off one at a time that way if he chooses. we've logan's claws be fairly ineffective against thor, and orion's skin would be at least as durable, likely a fair bit MORE durable. he is also an extremely skilled fighter. maybe not as good as logan, depending on which showings you go by, but very highly skilled--moreso than thor in straight h2h. i think the triom in straight h2h, would give thor a....very difficult time. but orion is more skilled on the ground, FAR faster, and is more durable (though damage soak would likely go to thor imo). overall, orion is just too much for these guys.

First off, happy birthday Leo! This is one scenario that could go down, although I don't think it'd be as easy as you're suggesting. After all, look how difficult of a time Ragnarok had just dislodging Wolverine, let alone bfr'ing him:

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Factoring in that lightning is extra effective against Wolverine, Orion won't be flying, and Spider-man will be able to contribute more than just rescuing wayward teammates, plus Sabretooth is stronger, faster, and more durable than Wolverine, means this strategy isn't going to be as easy to implement as you might think.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Like this, say:

Wolverine was BFR'd, but he came back to the battlefield in a short enough time that it's not a forum win. By then, however, his team may be defeated.

Just adding to leo's post. Wolvy (and Sabes') entire fight strategy seems to be 'soak up the hits'.

Like I said to Leo above, I agree that it's a probable scenario. It's not the only one however, and both Wolverine and Sabertooth have proven quite capable of using their agility in combat. On top of that, with Spider-Man there to keep them in the field of combat, plus providing a mobile, long range distraction for Orion, isolating any of these fighters will be no small task.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 11:00 PM
Senor Cage

I forgot what issue, but Orion has flown without his harness.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 11:15 PM
Ize19

I forgot what issue, but Orion has flown without his harness.

He's been grounded for this fight.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 11:18 PM