KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Little Known Facts ...

Little Known Facts ...
Started by: bluewaterrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadowFyre

You answered your own question. The dragons ran off the phoenix, not Danny. And he can only tap into their chi.

In that same arc, Thor knocked the entire phoenix tfo with the first hit then got owned and could do no damage to p5 members. Literally makes no sense.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 12:58 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
You answered your own question. The dragons ran off the phoenix, not Danny. And he can only tap into their chi.

In that same arc, Thor knocked the entire phoenix tfo with the first hit then got owned and could do no damage to p5 members. Literally makes no sense.

Same deal with Danny, if you consider he beat the dragon to gain access to that chi.

P5 members > entire Phoenix Force, I guess.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 01:00 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Dragon was a submissive masochist, he had his biggest orgasm when he let Danny defeat him.

That's right, cd. Dragon beat itself.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 01:15 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Vanguard
You watch Arrow?

Only when there's been a crossover featuring Melissa Benoist.

I watched a few clips under Pr's influence and found the initial arc to be a virtual re-telling of Batman Begins, though.

Unmissable similarity there, really.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 01:39 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

The Hangman from MLJ(Archie Comics) was the first superhero to die in action.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 02:11 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Did some searching after you wrote this.

Marvel ultimately DID present that as Storm's backstory, but it would take a little while. The first published meeting of these two took place in a very different setting than the streets of Cairo, Egypt:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Giant-Sized X-Men #1
Circa: 1975

Yeah i had thst book!
I guess i always assumed they’d just met twice. I didnt think things through the way we do nowadays.

I’d love to ask Claremont about this!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 04:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Every so often I actually get the attention of and interact with storied people.

I remember to this day Kurt Busiek surprising me by responding to a thread in which I shared an article on why Comics disappeared from newsstands and being literally very near everywhere newsprint was sold, to gradually becoming a niche item sold in specialty shops only (and now of course, the Internet where it's become or becoming big again). The author of that article made the surprising case that keeping the price of comics LOW, and thus theoretically more affordable for everyone, actually led to the decline. Reason was, from the perspective of a retailer who has limited shelf space, it made more sense to stock, say, Time or Life Magazine, which you could sell for at least a dollar a book versus Superman 132 or whatever, which gained you perhaps s quarter or so per sale, but used 4 times the space and often left you with a ton of overstock to recycle or throwaway.

Kurt also had an interesting perspective to share on why publishing rights are a big deal to Marvel and DC but not libraries.

Similarly, I actually remember getting into an argument with Jamal Igle about Supergirl and Superman. He asked me if I realized I was arguing with the artist of the then current series. I respectfully responded that I did, but that the title had also been subjected to NUMEROUS teams throughout its history and had a poor history of retaining its talent, no matter HOW good. History soon won that general point for me. Recently, the writers of the Benoist show won a 2nd.

Which is to say the staff of these companies are people not altogether TOO different from us, are sometimes gracious or simply interested enough to respond to an intriguing topic and talk with us regular folk, and, stranger things HAVE happened ...

Don't give up the faith, Riv!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 11:15 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You think you and i are regular?!?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 11:27 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Perused some Chris Claremont interviews for you.

Couldn't find him responding in video format to your specific question yet, but I'll likely continue the search at random in the near future.

I'm the meantime, I came across an interesting written interview with him:

https://www.scifinow.co.uk/intervie...on-for-the-job/

... as well as the following, which features some interesting thoughts on topics we actually touched on earlier in this thread like, NightCrawler's devout Catholic faith and Wolverine's initial atheism (unfortunately, as the image you or someone else gave of that was in Photobucket, it is now gone ... Photobucket has a nasty habit of breaking all your links anytime you rearrange any of your personal folders, word to the wise), Madelyne Pryor, loyalty in marriage, and Jean Grey:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C9UwNWhgN70

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 11:33 AM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by riv6672

(Storm) and Xavier originally met (when she, as a young child) stole, or tried to steal, his wallet. Been a while, cant recall if she was successful.

Although it would take about 2 and half years, Marvel DID adopt that as the official "original" meeting of the two:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Judging from the above, though it's somewhat ambiguous going by the artwork, Storm did not succeed at taking Xavier's wallet.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 12:14 PM
bluewaterrider

Made an unexpected discovery when reading of the "original" Cairo Xavier/Munro meeting ...

Xavier killed the first telepath he ever dueled with.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Uncanny X-Men #117
Circa: January 1978

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 12:28 PM
DarkSaint85

Arguably the first he 'killed' was Cassandra Nova...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 12:31 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Perused some Chris Claremont interviews for you.

Couldn't find him responding in video format to your specific question yet, but I'll likely continue the search at random in the near future.

I'm the meantime, I came across an interesting written interview with him:

https://www.scifinow.co.uk/intervie...on-for-the-job/

... as well as the following, which features some interesting thoughts on topics we actually touched on earlier in this thread like, NightCrawler's devout Catholic faith and Wolverine's initial atheism (unfortunately, as the image you or someone else gave of that was in Photobucket, it is now gone ... Photobucket has a nasty habit of breaking all your links anytime you rearrange any of your personal folders, word to the wise), Madelyne Pryor, loyalty in marriage, and Jean Grey:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C9UwNWhgN70

Thanks, man. I’m gonna check this out.

I gave up on photobucket over a year ago. Lost a lotta good pics.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 12:50 PM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Arguably the first he 'killed' was Cassandra Nova...

Say, Man from the UK, you might be able to answer, though perhaps your dad or even grandad should be able to respond the most accurately ...

Was Claremont's X-Men title the biggest influence on bringing Superhero comics to England? Or merely the most important for Marvel Comics during its time?
Or perhaps not even that, but just big for X-Men?
Who's the biggest comic book star in England today?
Was it the same 20 or 30 years ago?

Curious because of what I've just read here:

---

The relaunch in 1975 was a massive gambit. The editors at Marvel were taking quite a risk. They weren’t just reviving a troubled concept, they were broadening the comic’s scope as well. The make-up of the new X-Men team featured in Giant-Sized X-Men #1 was decidedly international, featuring the German Kurt Wagner, the Russian Piotr Rasputin, the African American Ororo Munroe, the Canadian named Logan – better known as “Wolverine” – and the Native American John Proudstar.

According to Clarement, this diversity was the point from the outset. “That was the intent for the title from the beginning,” he explains. “Stan Lee, Roy Thomas and Len [Wein] were all working on the presumption that the X-Men would be a possible means of expanding the sales to foreign venues.

“Marvel had a reprint operation going in England, they were starting to talk to people in Paris and Italy, so there was this hope of moving beyond the domestic United States. And this was the thought of saying, ‘Let’s see what happens if we make it a more international group.’ Because, at that point, all the Marvel teams were all collections of White Anglo-Saxon Protestant males, with an occasional girl as a chaser.”

The strategy would work. Uncanny X-Men eventually became a massive success. Despite the troubled sixties, the book that had been relaunched in 1975 as a bi-monthly book would become one of the company’s great success stories. It ran continuously into the twenty-first century; the first volume ending in October 2011 with issue #544 ...
---

https://them0vieblog.com/2014/05/19...nt-part-i-of-v/

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 12:59 PM
DarkSaint85

Well I know 2000AD has been around since the 70s, with Judge Dredd, so it was probably important only for Marvel.

Even then, the comics kids read were more comic. Think the Beano(1930s), or the Dandy (1937).

As for the big names, it'll be the same as in the US thanks to the films. Batman, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and the like.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Apr 24th, 2018 at 01:26 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 01:13 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Judge DRESS? Now -that- is a little known fact! eek!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 01:22 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

DS, you and your dirty mind... love

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 01:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 01:26 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Nice edit, but you can't retcon your KMC bio that easily.

"Is into strong men wearing dresses..."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 01:41 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 02:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote