KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Islam vs Christianity: Which is morally superior?

Islam vs Christianity: Which is morally superior?
Started by: MythLord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
if that's what you think then you're not a real hardcore muslim

cause the real hardcore muslims have beard patrols. proven and documented in both Afghanistan under taliban rule and Iraq under Isis rule. And, if you don't have a beard/can't grow a beard, you're basically considered a woman to them thus rape might (will) ensue. And that, my friend, is not a fate I want. Not at all. I swear I don't.

LMAO laughing

Who is asking you to migrate to Afghanistan? That place is a mess.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2017 08:23 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I've had a few offers.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2017 08:24 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

I've had a few offers.

I would stay away from Afghanistan.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2017 08:29 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I tend to avoid all -istans as a sort of general rule.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2017 08:36 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
The so-called "Free Society" have its share of imperfections and issues - this is my point.

1. Gender equality is good. I fully support this.

2. Freedom of speech is just a "narrative." We are responsible for our views and their repercussions.

3. Freedom of press sounds good as long as you are not on its receiving end. I am an advocate of "responsible press."

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...sponsible-press

I do not condone homosexuality, cultural objectification of women and cohabitation - these are unhealthy practices with significant implications for the fabric of society in the long-term.

S_W, do you know who Maajid Nawaz is? You'd probably like him. He's very bravely trying to reform the Islamic Faith. He's a former radical Muslim turned activist basically. He's the kind of voice that needs to be raised up. He did a book with Sam Harris: Islam and the Future of Tolerance: A Dialogue. I believe it's also available as an audiobook which is what it was really intended to be, a conversation. Sam Harris has a free sample of the book on one of his Podcasts. His Podcast is called "Waking Up," and it's #23.

if that's what you think then you're not a real hardcore muslim

cause the real hardcore muslims have beard patrols. proven and documented in both Afghanistan under taliban rule and Iraq under Isis rule. And, if you don't have a beard/can't grow a beard, you're basically considered a woman to them thus rape might (will) ensue. And that, my friend, is not a fate I want. Not at all. I swear I don't.

Haha... I can't tell if you're serious or not. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 19th, 2017 12:21 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

2. Freedom of speech is just a "narrative." We are responsible for our views and their repercussions.

Of course our speech should not come without social consequences, and that's part of what freedom of speech allows for since it allows others to criticize your ideas and behavior and present different views of you, but it should be entirely left to social consequences. A person or government should not have the right to threaten you with physical violence, theft, or incarceration for speaking in a way they do not like however, and that is the only way that a government can enforce restrictions on free speech.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 19th, 2017 03:10 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
S_W, do you know who Maajid Nawaz is? You'd probably like him. He's very bravely trying to reform the Islamic Faith. He's a former radical Muslim turned activist basically. He's the kind of voice that needs to be raised up. He did a book with Sam Harris: Islam and the Future of Tolerance: A Dialogue. I believe it's also available as an audiobook which is what it was really intended to be, a conversation. Sam Harris has a free sample of the book on one of his Podcasts. His Podcast is called "Waking Up," and it's #23

Oh yeah I saw that video and I have a lot of respect for that guy. Apparently he's suing the Southern Poverty Law Center for defamation since they called him an Anti-Islam extremist. Well, they are the same people that called the okay hand sign a white supremacy symbol.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 19th, 2017 03:13 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

S_W, do you know who Maajid Nawaz is? You'd probably like him. He's very bravely trying to reform the Islamic Faith. He's a former radical Muslim turned activist basically. He's the kind of voice that needs to be raised up. He did a book with Sam Harris: Islam and the Future of Tolerance: A Dialogue. I believe it's also available as an audiobook which is what it was really intended to be, a conversation. Sam Harris has a free sample of the book on one of his Podcasts. His Podcast is called "Waking Up," and it's #23.

I was not aware.

Thanks for the pointer.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 09:03 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The so-called "Free Society" have its share of imperfections and issues - this is my point.

1. Gender equality is good. I fully support this.

3. Freedom of press sounds good as long as you are not on its receiving end. I am an advocate of "responsible press."

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...sponsible-press

I do not condone homosexuality, cultural objectification of women and cohabitation - these are unhealthy practices with significant implications for the fabric of society in the long-term.

If I drew a picture of Muhammad, would that personally offend you?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 12:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
The acts you just mentioned...in the modern day which religion do you think condones those acts more?

Both.

And before you trigger-out because I didn't answer with "ISLAM!!!11!", might I remind you that the Bosnian ethnic cleansing wasn't all that long ago.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 06:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Christianity hands down.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 03:11 PM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Why wasn't this thread a poll?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 03:21 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Both.

And before you trigger-out because I didn't answer with "ISLAM!!!11!", might I remind you that the Bosnian ethnic cleansing wasn't all that long ago.

Lol so just to be clear; they both equally condone those acts? As Spock would say: fascinating.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 10:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
Both.

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol so just to be clear; they both equally condone those acts? As Spock would say: fascinating.

Rob, for some reason you are ignoring the fact that Christianity has Jesus who sort of did away with much of the OT law. So therefore there is no need for Christians to go around beheading, killing, raping, etc because Jesus will return and people who haven't accepted Jesus will get their just desserts in the afterlife. Islam has no such comparable figure. Islam is full-on bloodshed and savagery through and through. In Islam, Muslims are "strongly encouraged" to carry out violent commands in the name of Allah and his prophet. Jesus makes no such commands. He has some varying moods, but he never condones such violence. Does "turn the other cheek" sound familiar?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 12:19 PM
Adam_PoE

Rob, for some reason you are ignoring the fact that Christianity has Jesus who sort of did away with much of the OT law. So therefore there is no need for Christians to go around beheading, killing, raping, etc because Jesus will return and people who haven't accepted Jesus will get their just desserts in the afterlife. Islam has no such comparable figure. Islam is full-on bloodshed and savagery through and through. In Islam, Muslims are "strongly encouraged" to carry out violent commands in the name of Allah and his prophet. Jesus makes no such commands. He has some varying moods, but he never condones such violence. Does "turn the other cheek" sound familiar?

Jesus did no such thing. To the contrary, Jesus states specifically that he did not come to abolish the Old Testament law whatsoever. He told his followers to take up swords, and that he came to turn father against son and mother against daughter. The same New Testament that says to turn the other cheek also says that slaves should obey their masters even if their masters beat them. This peaceful Christianity is as big a fiction as the entire religion.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 08:47 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ There's a lot of contradictory stuff in the Bible, yes. But Islam doesn't have so much contradictory stuff to allow for as much diversity of interpretation.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 10:13 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Could Jesus REALLY come out and say "I abolish the old testament"? Do you guys remember the OT God? He'd roast Jesus alive if he talked shit. Make him yearn for the days of being crucified and the utter horror that was his 3 day nap(the horror, the cave was damp and lacked wifi!)

But even without that, how can anyone say both religions equally condone this abhorrent behavior? In the here and now?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 10:36 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Jesus did no such thing. To the contrary, Jesus states specifically that he did not come to abolish the Old Testament law whatsoever. He told his followers to take up swords...

Words attributed to Jesus in the Bible and how he's interpreted in light of all the reformation and modern spin that Christianity has undergone are two completely different things. That's why I said he had "various moods."

Look, you don't have to convince me that Christianity is filled with barbaric bullshit. I hate the religion with a passion. But you'll have a hard time convincing me that it's just as easy (or even possible) to interpret Islam as a mild, benign, peaceful religion. It's simply not. At its core it's not.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 12:23 AM
Adam_PoE

Words attributed to Jesus in the Bible and how he's interpreted in light of all the reformation and modern spin that Christianity has undergone are two completely different things. That's why I said he had "various moods."

Look, you don't have to convince me that Christianity is filled with barbaric bullshit. I hate the religion with a passion. But you'll have a hard time convincing me that it's just as easy (or even possible) to interpret Islam as a mild, benign, peaceful religion. It's simply not. At its core it's not.

And yet millions of American Muslims have found a way. Meanwhile, African Christians are mutilating genitals and burning people alive.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 05:36 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

thumb up

And more besides. What reality is Leech living in?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 06:01 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote