KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who here is stronger than superman

Who here is stronger than superman
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Funny thing is Jurgens did say that Doomsday in HP was only as powerful as Superman but won due to Superman holding back.

DAN JURGENS: Yes. Right.
RC: Now, regarding Superman in Hunter/Prey , how do you account for Superman�s abysmal performance against Doomsday?
DAN JURGENS: I always said that when it came down to a knock-down, drag-out, kick-ass fight, that Superman was always limited by his
upbringing . In other words, if you take Superman and his upbringing, his moral code-the "governors" that put him in place to make him the decent human being that he is-and you take someone else who is raised, let�s say on Apokolips, and they are one nasty, mean-ass sonuva . . . even if they only have 95 percent of Superman�s power, they have the advantage in a drag-out fight to the death.
How many Superman stories did we read where he would be in a battle and it was presumed that he was going to die or lose or whatever, but somehow he outwits the opponent? It was never necessarily that he went absolutely nuts and beat him; and I think that�s what Superman needs in those moments.
RC: With that in mind, the question is begged . . . if Superman didn�t have to worry about other people and if he had cut loose in his first fight against Doomsday, would Superman have done better?
DAN JURGENS: Yeah.
RC: Which raises another question . . . were Superman and Doomsday roughly equivalent in terms of power in Hunter/Prey ?
DAN JURGENS: Yeah. Yeah.

http://comicboards.com/jurgens-rc.php

There you go JBL. No imaginary writer necessary.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:53 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JBL
Well, one writer actually came up with these questions to show that superman does not have dynamic strength. He also pointed out that you all are using isolated instances vs 60+ years of the character. But to end this.. he said that the DD, HP DD fight would prove my point. Tell you later when he fax me. Have a good day.

What writer? I'll be waiting.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by abhilegend
Funny thing is Jurgens did say that Doomsday in HP was only as powerful as Superman but won due to Superman holding back.

DAN JURGENS: Yes. Right.
RC: Now, regarding Superman in Hunter/Prey , how do you account for Superman�s abysmal performance against Doomsday?
DAN JURGENS: I always said that when it came down to a knock-down, drag-out, kick-ass fight, that Superman was always limited by his
upbringing . In other words, if you take Superman and his upbringing, his moral code-the "governors" that put him in place to make him the decent human being that he is-and you take someone else who is raised, let�s say on Apokolips, and they are one nasty, mean-ass sonuva . . . even if they only have 95 percent of Superman�s power, they have the advantage in a drag-out fight to the death.
How many Superman stories did we read where he would be in a battle and it was presumed that he was going to die or lose or whatever, but somehow he outwits the opponent? It was never necessarily that he went absolutely nuts and beat him; and I think that�s what Superman needs in those moments.
RC: With that in mind, the question is begged . . . if Superman didn�t have to worry about other people and if he had cut loose in his first fight against Doomsday, would Superman have done better?
DAN JURGENS: Yeah.
RC: Which raises another question . . . were Superman and Doomsday roughly equivalent in terms of power in Hunter/Prey ?
DAN JURGENS: Yeah. Yeah.

http://comicboards.com/jurgens-rc.php

There you go JBL. No imaginary writer necessary.
Where in there did he say superman had dynamic strength???? The subject was supermans moral, nothing about strength increase. Come to one of my classes and I will teach you how to follow the subject. Try again.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 06:03 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JBL
Where in there did he say superman had dynamic strength???? The subject was supermans moral, nothing about strength increase. Come to one of my classes and I will teach you how to follow the subject. Try again.

That answer right there shows that you're either ignorant of the whole concept of dynamic strength, or you just don't understand it.

It's not that hard if you get over your own bias.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 06:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by -Pr-
That answer right there shows that you're either ignorant of the whole concept of dynamic strength, or you just don't understand it.

It's not that hard if you get over your own bias.
That writer was talking about fighting style. Abhil actually hurt his argument by posting that. Superman fights like a human, not like a being on darkseid planet. That's the Subject. Same as mongul Jr told superman.. Distractions Rob you of victory. Those were the subjects. In other words, if superman fought like he was raised in the hood instead of a mansion, he would do better or possibly win.He didn't get any stronger, he just had to change his fighting style.

Last edited by JBL on Aug 17th, 2017 at 06:19 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 06:17 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Omac. No
Ultraman no
Despero yes
Wm thor yes
Kurse yes
Eradicator no
Doomsday. Yes
Superboy prime yes
WWH yes
King Hyperion (Original) no
Etrigan no
Destroyer (Animated) yes
pretty much this.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 06:17 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JBL
That writer was talking about fighting style. Abhil actually hurt his argument by posting that. Superman fights like a human, not like a being on darkseid planet. That's the Subject. Same as mongul Jr told superman.. Distractions Rob you of victory. Those were the subjects. In other words, if superman fought like he was raised in the hood instead of a mansion, he would do better or possibly win.He didn't get any stronger, he just had to change his fighting style.

He would win because he would hold back less, and be more willing to access the higher levels of his powers. That's literally the point you're trying to twist to suit your argument.

John Byrne AND Dan Jurgens, for almost a decade, wrote Superman as being only really limited by himself and the needs of the storyline. And it's not some deep interpretation or subtle messaging; it's blatantly shown throughout the comics...

And then Grant ****ing Morrison came along.

Writers have consistently shown Superman as having dynamic strength. None of these "isolated incidents" you say they are.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 06:20 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by JBL

Jurgens flat out says that Superman is equal to Doomsday in power but his "governors" hinder him.

Arguing with you is pointless anyway. You're just a spambot at this point.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 06:27 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Some statements he makes a skewed but when he calls a spade a spade and thats what it is then i dont see a problem

Don't ruin this for me!
Abhi is one of the few members around here that, at times, has annoyed me enough to actually feel... what's that word? Oh yeah, "motivated". Feel motivated to argue and actually... how do u say it?
Oh yeah, "do things".
Feel motivated to argue with him and do things that make my... sh*t! What's that thing, u know, the thing in the head, it'mushy, some people THINK with it... oh yeah, "brain".
Feel motivated to argue with him and do things that make my brain work. It's ALMOST like being ALIVE.

So, as I was saying, "abhi is usually wrong and uninformed and has been very unfair to Thor!"

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 06:29 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Horrificus
Don't ruin this for me!
Abhi is one of the few members around here that, at times, has annoyed me enough to actually feel... what's that word?

You ruined your post by wasting a perfect chance to use the most popular KMC word.

"Butthurt".

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 07:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Hahahaha can't believe the moron cannot understand it. Even I whose 1st language is not english understand what Jurgens is saying!!!

What a moron, as dumb as a pickle laughing out loud

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 08:09 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You ruined your post by wasting a perfect chance to use the most popular KMC word.

"Butthurt".
my god! U r right!
And here is a weird bit of trivia:

If u were to search every thread i have EVER created and every post i have EVER made in this forum, going back to the date i joined, you would see that I have NEVER used the term "Butthurt".

And, I have to admit that there have been many times that other users have utilized the term "Butthurt" and i have found it to b freaking hilarious!

And, I do realize the fact that, VERY OFTEN, abhi seems to experience the phenomenon known as "Butthurt", and it seems to bring me great pleasure every time I witness abhi in a state of "Butthurt".

So, u make a good point. I probably would have greatly benefited from a strong, fitting use of the term "Butthurt".

I know, for a fact, that I am enjoying it right now.

Butthurt Butthurt Butthurt Butthurt Butthurt Butthurt Butthurt Butthurt Butthurt Butthurt Butthurt Butthurt Butthurt Butthurt

Lets face it... it's good stuff!

Thank you.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 04:08 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Hahahaha can't believe the moron cannot understand it. Even I whose 1st language is not english understand what Jurgens is saying!!!

What a moron, as dumb as a pickle laughing out loud

You just HAD to go there, didn't you.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 06:24 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by -Pr-

You just HAD to go there, didn't you.

Yes. I will not say anything else on the subject though. It is clear who is lacking brain cells and have poor reading skills, or maybe he is just filled with bias and hate.

But I said my piece. erm

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Aug 18th, 2017 at 08:51 AM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 08:48 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Yes. I will not say anything else on the subject though. It is clear who is lacking brain cells and have poor reading skills, or maybe he is just filled with bias and hate.

But I said my piece. erm
in abhi's defense, he does put together w helluva respect thread.
Just sayin.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 12:37 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Horrificus
in abhi's defense, he does put together w helluva respect thread.
Just sayin.

Um... You got it all wrong buddy

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 01:39 PM
h1a8

Omac. No
Ultraman no
Despero yes
Wm thor yes
Kurse yes
Eradicator no
Doomsday. Yes
Superboy prime yes
WWH yes
Etrigan no
Destroyer (Animated) yes

I guess you don't know Superman's feats. Hint: They are greater than anything WWH or Planet Hulk has done and astronomically more than Thor has done. So WM Thor (no feats for him) is still weaker.
Destroyer and Kurse has no strength feats beyond Superman's either.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:35 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

Re: Who here is stronger than superman

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Even by a little

Pre DCnu All

Omac no
Ultraman no
Despero slightly
Wm thor no
Kurse ?
Eradicator no
Doomsday yes
Superboy prime too strong
WWH even
Etrigan stop it
Destroyer (Animated)
by who odin yes anybody else no

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 10:15 PM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Re: Re: Who here is stronger than superman

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

WWH, no
I will fight you.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 10:58 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Re: Re: Re: Who here is stronger than superman

Originally posted by Badabing
I will fight you.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 11:03 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote