KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who here is stronger than superman

Who here is stronger than superman
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Heavily implied since he led the army of frost giants and we know Thor tore through both armies.

Dragon wasn't random btw it was Niddhog.

Had nothing to do with not being able to kill it. He thought it had perished under the rubble he left it in.

Hulk killed it in the present, but we don't actually know if it was more powerful.

Also...

I left out this wm because the canonicity is suspect. There was a foreword by Clark Gregg stating that the core group of Avengers in the book were based off of the guys from the Marvel cinematic universe. Was kinda confusing.

Anyways if u disagree, I'll agree because u are my buddy.

It was stated that he was more powerful as he evolved.

Him wanting to die doesn't has anything to do with how powerful it was.

Also it had Carol as captain marvel and referenced 616 characters.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 03:37 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by krisblaze
Abhi is right on this but all terms and definition have some fluidity to them.

I believe Warrior Madness was supposed to be a state where he actually does become ten times as strong, but it's meaning has since been diluted to the point where it simply means "lost in the heat of battle" or some shit.

Like in his fight with maestro-huk, where he's spposedly in WM but completely level-headed 2 seconds after being BFR'd.
this 100x

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 03:37 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I believe Warrior Madness was supposed to be a state where he actually does become ten times as strong, but it's meaning has since been diluted to the point where it simply means "lost in the heat of battle" or some shit.

Like in his fight with maestro-huk, where he's spposedly in WM but completely level-headed 2 seconds after being BFR'd.

The statement actually came AFTER that Maestro fight. It was always "losing yourself in heat of battle" before and after.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 03:39 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by abhilegend
The statement actually came AFTER that Maestro fight. It was always "losing yourself in heat of battle" before and after.

iirc one of the onlookers described it as WM?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 03:41 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by -Pr-
lol, Okay. I like how a couple of random writers can override editorial mandate and actual published, past comics. Seriously, I do.

I doubt they exist in the very first place tbh.

As for writer opinions, they mean literally nothing if not published in a comic story. I can imagine a lot of fanboys, haters and others who work for the "enemy" because DC or Marvel pays better than their fave company. Some writers are legitimate idiots who know nothing about the chars they write, one just has to look what Thanos has to endure. I can't see them as special people or gods at what they do, except if they create a greaat and memorable story, like Morrison.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 04:57 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

The strength increase if any is inconsequential anyway. My only concern is him not holding back

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:44 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Sin I AM
The strength increase if any is inconsequential anyway. My only concern is him not holding back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zFsxSH8fUA

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:50 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zFsxSH8fUA

Preaching to the choir

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...c-strength.html

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 06:30 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

iirc one of the onlookers described it as WM?

Which instance?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 06:42 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Philosophía
Pre DCnu All

Omac - no
Ultraman - no
Despero - yes under normal portrayal, no under all out
Wm thor - no
Kurse - no
Eradicator - no
Doomsday - yes under normal portrayal, no under all out
Superboy prime - yes under normal portrayal, maybe under all out
WWH - no
King Hyperion (Original) - no
Etrigan - no
Destroyer (Animated) - yes under normal portrayal, no under all out

A lot like my own appreciation (though I only considered Superman going all out, since that would be the cut off to be truly "stronger").

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 07:16 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Is mr pickles having his usual meltdown?

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 10:53 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

lol, Okay. I like how a couple of random writers can override editorial mandate and actual published, past comics. Seriously, I do.
There has never been a comic book ever published that has superman above CM or BA. They have always Been shown as equals with BA and CM having the advantage due to magic. If superman can increase his strength by dropping mental blocks or willing it, then arm wrestling CM to see who is stronger would be pointless for any writer. Every close loss for Superman would be due to mental blocks??? He couldn't get BA out of the city, why didn't he will himself stronger???? When flash was fighting Zoom, why didn't superman drop his mental blocks and help???? Why didn't he drop his mental blocks against that shadow moon??? Why didn't he drop them against prime????? Against HP doomsday, why didn't he drop his mental blocks instead of getting outside amps???? There are many characters as strong as or stronger than superman... But you will NEVER see in any comic book, narration, quotes, interviews, blogs, or anything saying that CM or BA is equal to superman UNTIL he wills or drop mental blocks to get stronger. Besides, superman himself said that he and CM are too close in strength to call. Now if you do the opposite and look for quotes, interviews, blogs and narrations that states that CM and BA is equal to superman or stronger characters... Guess what?? They are all over the place and in plenty of comics.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 01:14 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

What a bunch of hogwash from a superman neophyte.

It is sad and funny as hell to see Mr. Pickles break down like this in every Superman thread laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 01:57 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Philosophía
Pre DCnu All

Omac - no
Ultraman - no
Despero - yes under normal portrayal, no under all out
Wm thor - no
Kurse - no
Eradicator - no
Doomsday - yes under normal portrayal, no under all out
Superboy prime - yes under normal portrayal, maybe under all out
WWH - no
King Hyperion (Original) - no
Etrigan - no
Destroyer (Animated) - yes under normal portrayal, no under all out

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 02:00 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JBL
There has never been a comic book ever published that has superman above CM or BA. They have always Been shown as equals with BA and CM having the advantage due to magic. If superman can increase his strength by dropping mental blocks or willing it, then arm wrestling CM to see who is stronger would be pointless for any writer. Every close loss for Superman would be due to mental blocks??? He couldn't get BA out of the city, why didn't he will himself stronger???? When flash was fighting Zoom, why didn't superman drop his mental blocks and help???? Why didn't he drop his mental blocks against that shadow moon??? Why didn't he drop them against prime????? Against HP doomsday, why didn't he drop his mental blocks instead of getting outside amps???? There are many characters as strong as or stronger than superman... But you will NEVER see in any comic book, narration, quotes, interviews, blogs, or anything saying that CM or BA is equal to superman UNTIL he wills or drop mental blocks to get stronger. Besides, superman himself said that he and CM are too close in strength to call. Now if you do the opposite and look for quotes, interviews, blogs and narrations that states that CM and BA is equal to superman or stronger characters... Guess what?? They are all over the place and in plenty of comics.

You're not just lying, you're continuing to use examples that are not. Relevant. At all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 03:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

You're not just lying, you're continuing to use examples that are not. Relevant. At all.
Lying? That's your opinion. Very well answer these two questions.... 1. When superman and CM were arm wrestling an was trying to win, why didn't he will himself stronger or drop mental blocks to win? 2. Why would superman state on panel that he and marvel were too close in strength to call as they stalemated ? ( CM does not have dynamic strength) heck, let's go for three.. 3. Why does every character with dynamic strength gets it mentioned in their bios except superman? Know what? One more.. 4. Why does superman only have dynamic strength on KMC and it the same fans claiming it?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:04 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JBL
Lying? That's your opinion. Very well answer these two questions.... 1. When superman and CM were arm wrestling an was trying to win, why didn't he will himself stronger or drop mental blocks to win? 2. Why would superman state on panel that he and marvel were too close in strength to call as they stalemated ? ( CM does not have dynamic strength) heck, let's go for three.. 3. Why does every character with dynamic strength gets it mentioned in their bios except superman? Know what? One more.. 4. Why does superman only have dynamic strength on KMC and it the same fans claiming it?

You're still lying, and asking questions that AREN'T RELEVANT TO THE POINT.

Jesus Christ, it's like you want me to keep repeating myself over and ****ing over.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Prime
Savage Hulk
Kurse

All of these peeps are stronger, the rest is debatable.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:34 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

You're still lying, and asking questions that AREN'T RELEVANT TO THE POINT.

Jesus Christ, it's like you want me to keep repeating myself over and ****ing over.
Well, one writer actually came up with these questions to show that superman does not have dynamic strength. He also pointed out that you all are using isolated instances vs 60+ years of the character. But to end this.. he said that the DD, HP DD fight would prove my point. Tell you later when he fax me. Have a good day.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:47 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by JBL

I will feed it to you slowly, so that you understand it.
If you follow Supermans history like for example me, from PC days till more or less 2000+ it's obvious that he can drop his mental blocks.

Dynamic strength is what might cause you troubles. Or your interpretation of it. With Hulk it's easy, he starts at let's say 100 strength and with rage it increases till 1000 or so. With Superman it's different, his limits are unknown but from his history (if all out and if the threat was big enough) his strength is as big as the story requires, even limitless if necessary.
But let's roll with the 1000. Using always 1000 strength would most likely kill most people, so he learned to control it or better subconsciously block it. He doesn't even know his limits, as seen in DCnU. So he is using 200 out of those 1000. The threat becomes bigger, the mental pressure higher, the stakes greater and he "cuts loose" maybe to 400 maybe to 500 but it's enough or not to overcome an enemy, he might not even be fully aware how much there is left in him. In OWAW and FC he accessed more then ever before, as much as he did regularly in the PC days, which was enough to one shot trans to skyfather level Probes. The sundip is another boost he can use, he can access more strength faster, it's also a nice psychological thing if you read OWAW and against an Universal threat it's also better to not take any risks.

So dynamic might be the wrong word for it but that he cuts loose and that his limits are not known is a simple fact.

Against CM in armwrestling he will use the 200, his regular self, and be impressed doing his best. There is no danger.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:50 PM