KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Great Wall of America

The Great Wall of America
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)

It almost feels like you're judging people for sacrificing 10 yr. old girls in black magic rituals.

Jeez, travel the world bro. Open your eyes.

No I'm jk, these things are awful and abhorrent.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Robtard
Nope. It's a Brown thing and you know it

I'm not even defending Trump's immigration policies, and I've criticized them before, but people wanting to chalk them up to race motivated intent is completely baseless.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:49 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What is the rate of illegals coming from the north vs those from the south then? I am prepared to agree with you if the numbers are similar.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm not even defending Trump's immigration policies, and I've criticized them before, but people wanting to chalk them up to race motivated intent is completely baseless.

I'm like 99.9% fcking with you, Emp.

But also, pretending like Trump's proposed immigration policies have absolutely nothing to do with bigotry is flawed. From his rhetoric it's clear he looks down on certain groups of people, in some degree.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^^^If we had multiple races equally coming here illegally and Trump only focused on the mexicans I'd agree with you Rob.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 10:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So now it's all about "numbers" now, odd. Cos I'm pretty sure there's more illegal Canadians then say Muslims trying to get in.

But your "it has absolutely nothing to do with bigotry" opinion has been noted and stored.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 11:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So now it's all about "numbers" now, odd. Cos I'm pretty sure there's more illegal Canadians then say Muslims trying to get in.

I am asking you about the number of illegals from the north. Does it compare to those of the south?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 11:03 PM
darthgoober

We already have physical barriers "securing" the Southern border. Turning a fence into a wall that is not manned/watched around the clock will accomplish nothing, they'll simple go through it, under or around as they have been.

Also of note, why isn't Trump worried about our more expansive Northern border? Probably because there's more White people than Brown people.

So Mexico is racist against Brown people?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 01:29 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Some people in Africa believe that raping an infant will cure HIV. Can I tell them it definitely will not unless I can offer a cure of my own? This is the same shit argument you always trot out. "Well, do you have a better idea?" As if not having a better alternative means we have to let people rape babies.
So I take that to mean that in fact no, you don't have a better idea.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 03:19 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by BackFire
Well since people overstaying visas make up a bigger portion of the illegal immigrant population than does those who enter illegally across the bordered, dealing with that somehow would probably help more than building a wall.
How would you deal with that? This is also another one of those things that aren't really directly related to border security. So it might be a good idea, but it's hardly an alternative to the border wall. I say this because, to me, the fact that cartels use the unsecured border as a primary way for trafficking goods and people across is more troubling to me than people overstaying their visas.

quote:
As for security on the physical border goes, I think any number of things would be more efficient than just building a wall.

-Increase the number of border agents and improve their training, and maybe higher pay.

-Improve their tools and the tech used by them to help them find and flush out the various tunnels that get used to transport people/drugs across the border.

-Improving/strengthening the fencing that already exists and has been placed in strategically important places for years.
Well, I don't actually know if that would be more efficient. The border is massive, and the first two options could actually end up being extremely costly. The last option seems remarkably similar to building a wall, only in certain locations. Either way, I thank you for at least attempting to answer the question.

Let me also be clear, so I don't hear any more crap from Adam: I'm not saying that if you don't have a better idea then that means the wall is a good idea. I just want to understand clearly what our options are. If our options are 1.) build the wall or 2.) do nothing, then I might be more willing to give the wall a try. So yes, it is relevant what other ideas are on the table for dealing with border security. Unless you are of the mindset that we don't really have much of a problem to deal with.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 03:31 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Originally posted by Surtur
What is the rate of illegals coming from the north vs those from the south then? I am prepared to agree with you if the numbers are similar.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 03:34 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

But also, pretending like Trump's proposed immigration policies have absolutely nothing to do with bigotry is flawed. From his rhetoric it's clear he looks down on certain groups of people, in some degree.

Are you sure it's not because of factors other than skin color? Are you sure his Muslim shit isn't due to him judging the middle east to have an inferior culture and ideology, and that his attitude towards Mexico when compared to Canada is due to the fact that Mexico is significantly less affluent with more of a problem with drugs, crime, poverty, and lower education than Canada?

You could argue his stances are wrong, or that they're tied to some form of biggotry, but I don't think race has a significant impact if any on this decision making.

It's like people are willing to ignore the nuance of complexities related to different groups of people holding different cultures and cultural values, different proportions of skilled to unskilled labor and crime, and say "Nope! Must be cuz they brown and he white!"

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 03:46 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am asking you about the number of illegals from the north. Does it compare to those of the south?

No doubt the number is comparable, after all it would make *zero* sense to bring it up otherwise.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 12:42 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

No doubt the number is comparable, after all it would make *zero* sense to bring it up otherwise.

If it is comparable and he's right, will you boycott Starbucks?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 01:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

^

Surtur's now responding to himself. :/

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 04:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Are you sure it's not because of factors other than skin color? Are you sure his Muslim shit isn't due to him judging the middle east to have an inferior culture and ideology, and that his attitude towards Mexico when compared to Canada is due to the fact that Mexico is significantly less affluent with more of a problem with drugs, crime, poverty, and lower education than Canada?

You could argue his stances are wrong, or that they're tied to some form of biggotry, but I don't think race has a significant impact if any on this decision making.

It's like people are willing to ignore the nuance of complexities related to different groups of people holding different cultures and cultural values, different proportions of skilled to unskilled labor and crime, and say "Nope! Must be cuz they brown and he white!"

If you followed what actually I said, it's clear I didn't say color/race was the sole reason, didn't say it was the main reason or even a prominent reason, just said that saying those factors have "absolutely nothing" to do in regards to his polices is flawed, considering his rhetoric.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 04:18 PM
Unoriginal

^

Surtur's now responding to himself. :/

Maybe he forgot to switch accounts?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 04:19 PM
Unoriginal is currently offline Click here to Send Unoriginal a Private Message Find more posts by Unoriginal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Unoriginal
Maybe he forgot to switch accounts?

busted?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 04:21 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

If you followed what actually I said, it's clear I didn't say color/race was the sole reason, didn't say it was the main reason or even a prominent reason, just said that saying those factors have "absolutely nothing" to do in regards to his polices is flawed, considering his rhetoric.

Then bring up examples of his rhetoric and argue off of that then, instead of arguing that a difference in how he regards Canada and Mexico as evidence when there are other clearly more influential factors at work there.

If this is an argument you're going to make, bring up the proper evidence for the claim. I'm not denying that the evidence exists if you can provide it, but the fact that he puts more emphasis on southern border security than northern is not that evidence.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 04:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Trump's bigoted comments on illegal Mexicans being rapist and murderers, his comments on how some black people are "my black people", his comments on Judge Gonzalo Curiel not being able to do his job because "he's Mexican" (he was born in America btw), his flippery on the travel ban reasons, there's more if I wanted to dumpster dive.

Considering this has come up before many a time and there's really no way you've not heard Trump's comments or at least read on them, it's the reason I didn't cite them.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 04:55 PM