KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Rank these movie beings by intelligence

Rank these movie beings by intelligence
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

ok then, lets start with the obvious:

he creates the k spear and k grenades right there on screen which takes a certain level of knowledge and research to manipulate an unknown substance

alfred is seen putting the finishing touches on armour thats clearly been created in the cave; alfred even mentions doing patchwork on the voice modulator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwiNzV6QMog

on top of that we see bruce doing detective work throughout the film which also takes a degree of intelligence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdli3A0mxF0

we see him speak fluent russian which as you know takes intelligence to be multi lingual.

heres another scene of him sleuthing, admittedly they don't get too deep into it but its there; tracking down Wonder Woman, finding out info on Lex and the White Portuguese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6DbVMSCyxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsIFcaA5Fb0

and finally his tactical skill is shown in the beginning of the warehouse fight in how he neutralizes enemies and their weaponry... employing tactics requires skill, experience and intelligence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKSottBl7ow

im sure more intelligence feats will be shown in Justice League but for now these are the examples shown so far

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 08:29 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

A spear and a grenade, two things that already exist, all he did was add Kryptonite. Not very impressive considering the competition.

Wow, detective work, not very impressive considering the competition.

Speaking more than one language, something that millions of people in the real world can do, not very impressive considering the competition.

None of the tactics he used were very obscure so it's not like it takes a lot of intelligence to think of them.

So far nothing you have listed justifies him being ranked as high as you had him.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 08:37 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

the onus is on you to prove that he didn't crete his vehicles and gear bud, they never stated anywhere in the film that he grabbed any of that from wayne tech so prove that he didn't build any of it

not to mention the batcave itself which stands to reason he'd have to have built himself due to the secrecy involved

just admit youre a dc hater and we can move on dude seriously

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 09:31 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Dr Manhattan
Cisco
Ozymandus
Tony Stark
Bruce Banner
Jor El
Batman
Lex Luthor
Dr. Strange
Spiderman
Green Goblin

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 09:38 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Silly fanboy, you're the one that made the original claim and thus the burden is on you. That is how debates work.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 09:38 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

not when the film makes no mention of acquiring tech from wayne enterprises and we see bruce and alfred building or modifying tech during the film; get your head out of your ass dude for real

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:10 AM
Silent Master

Still waiting for you to post clips from the movie that actually show Bruce Wayne building or inventing all of his gear.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:12 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
the onus is on you to prove that he didn't crete his vehicles and gear bud, they never stated anywhere in the film that he grabbed any of that from wayne tech so prove that he didn't build any of it

not to mention the batcave itself which stands to reason he'd have to have built himself due to the secrecy involved

just admit youre a dc hater and we can move on dude seriously

Unfortunately Relentless, that's not how that works. People do not have to prove something is not so, only that something is so. And since you made the actual claim, you must provide the positive evidence.

Normally I would not have said anything, but I am getting really annoyed by people trying to circle back burden of evidence to avoid proving ones own case. Literally it went like this:

#1: Relentless = "Batman makes his own gear in the Batcave"
#2: Nearly everyone else = "Can you provide proof of this? We all thought he adapts Wayne Tech items for personal use."
#3: Relentless = "Can you provide proof he does not? No, then he does!"

Literally the logic of burden of proof brakes between point #2 and point #3. You can't assert something, and then have your proof be the absence of evidence to the contrary.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:13 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:27 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Unfortunately Relentless, that's not how that works. People do not have to prove something is not so, only that something is so. And since you made the actual claim, you must provide the positive evidence.

Normally I would not have said anything, but I am getting really annoyed by people trying to circle back burden of evidence to avoid proving ones own case. Literally it went like this:

#1: Relentless = "Batman makes his own gear in the Batcave"
#2: Nearly everyone else = "Can you provide proof of this? We all thought he adapts Wayne Tech items for personal use."
#3: Relentless = "Can you provide proof he does not? No, then he does!"

Literally the logic of burden of proof brakes between point #2 and point #3. You can't assert something, and then have your proof be the absence of evidence to the contrary.

I've already posted clips and examples of prototypes being worked on and built right in the batcave by alfred and bruce so I've done my part now its on you all to prove that he gets all his stuff from wayne tech like silent keeps stating

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:30 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Or in short:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens%27s_razor

Yeah, pretty much. I knew it was one of the razors, but I forgot which one stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:31 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I've already posted clips and examples of prototypes being worked on and built right in the batcave by alfred and bruce so I've done my part now its on you all to prove that he gets all his stuff from wayne tech like silent keeps stating

You posted a clip of Alfred working on the equipment, not Bruce. You really need to stop lying.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:36 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Being worked on, and being BUILT are two entirely different things.

Everyone knows Bruce customizes his stuff with bat motifs and stuff like that, but that is vastly a different animal from actually building, from scratch, a Batmobile, or a Bat Plane, or any of his vehicles, all of which would have required the use of industrial grade heavy machinery. Not something you can secretly secrete into a cave near a major metropolis without it being detected, no matter how much money you have.

We are talking about factory assembly lines just for parts and assembly alone. The batcave is big, but it's not THAT big. Bruce would have taken a huge risk just to excavate expansions to the cave alone to get what he has now. Logically speaking, to do what you are suggesting would require expanding the batcave into a series of bat caves. A labyrinthine tunnel network that makes Diablo's Cathedral look logical.

So, there you have it. IMHO, it is not feasably possible for Bruce to manufacture bat tech in the bat cave unaided. He can customize his bat stuff there, but to actually manufacture from loose parts full vehicles, especially things like boats and high speed aircraft, would require things he cannot possibly hide underground without being detected.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:38 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

you wanted proof that the equipment was built in the cave; theres your proof, obviously alfred isn't building this stuff on his own; supported by bruce using tech on his own to craft the kryptonite into weapons and usage of the bat computer for various things such as hacking into authors files

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:40 AM
Silent Master

you wanted proof that the equipment was built in the cave; theres your proof, obviously alfred isn't building this stuff on his own; supported by bruce using tech on his own to craft the kryptonite into weapons and usage of the bat computer for various things such as hacking into authors files

No, we wanted proof that Bruce built or invented the stuff, the clip you posted was of Alfred working on it.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:41 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Everyone knows Bruce customizes his stuff with bat motifs and stuff like that, but that is vastly a different animal from actually building, from scratch, a Batmobile, or a Bat Plane, or any of his vehicles, all of which would have required the use of industrial grade heavy machinery. Not something you can secretly secrete into a cave near a major metropolis without it being detected, no matter how much money you have.

We are talking about factory assembly lines just for parts and assembly alone. The batcave is big, but it's not THAT big. Bruce would have taken a huge risk just to excavate expansions to the cave alone to get what he has now. Logically speaking, to do what you are suggesting would require expanding the batcave into a series of bat caves. A labyrinthine tunnel network that makes Diablo's Cathedral look logical.

So, there you have it. IMHO, it is not feasably possible for Bruce to manufacture bat tech in the bat cave unaided. He can customize his bat stuff there, but to actually manufacture from loose parts full vehicles, especially things like boats and high speed aircraft, would require things he cannot possibly hide underground without being detected.

its never explicitly stated one way or the other but i guarantee the cave was put together by bruce otherwise his secret identity would have been compromised

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:42 AM
Silent Master

Look at the clip he posted, it shows Alfred working on the equipment not Bruce.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:42 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Silent Master
No, we wanted proof that Bruce built or invented the stuff, the clip you posted was of Alfred working on it.

the burden of proof was on me to back up claims that gear was built in the cave and not pilfered from wayne enterprises and I've done that; what we see on screen according to you is all that matters and we never see batman take gear from wayne tech like he did in the nolan films, all we see is him building or modifying things in the batcave.. we go by whats on screen thats what you said so since I've provided on screen examples its your turn to prove that he didn't have a hand in building any of that stuff

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:44 AM
Silent Master

Your claim was that it was done by Bruce, so far all you've provided is a clip of Alfred working on it. You have provided nothing that shows Bruce building or inventing anything.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:47 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

and finally heres the clip of him engineering the k, like i said earlier its not as full a body of feats as stark obviously but its quite clear that bruce is of high intelligence based on this and other examples I've shown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxxbfkYRQOY

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:50 AM