KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Tournament of Power KMC Version DOS

Tournament of Power KMC Version DOS
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (42): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Wait a minute. We can use anyone?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 11:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9

I hesitated to pick Sentry because people believes that he is a street-leveler but that would be cheating. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:03 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

If it remains one post only - no rebuttals at all - I would consider entering.

Originally posted by -Pr-
I was robbed twice, is why.

laughing out loud thumb up

I do think it has something to do with the differences between tourneys and vs. forum battles. So like, Supes v. Thor, I have to side with the boyscout even as a Thor fan. But give me Thor all day in a tourney. More powers, and less weakness exploitation (and there's no need to get into whether those weaknesses truly make him vulnerable...it's enough that some people believe they do). And when the fights become more about the plans and tricks and traps, "Superman can power his way through it" tends to have less importance than in a vs. battle when it comes to judging. Creativity tends to be rewarded, and "I go to 11" isn't seen as creative, even if it's true he has a higher individual ceiling.

I don't use that specific example to troll; it's an example that's been proven true in tourney history. Supes has had zero success while Thor is among the most prolific. I think the only Superman to have any legs in a tourney was WAY back, and it was All-Star Superman (and Blair doing some shenanigans with DNA power cloning as only he knows how). Hell, I'd probably take Majestic before Kal, at least in a team or amalgam tourney. Regardless of how well you argue against k-nite or red sun radiation or magic or whatever, some judge will vote against it.

Originally posted by carver9

High herald or lower.

Last edited by Digi on Sep 29th, 2017 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:22 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Digi
If it remains one post only - no rebuttals at all - I would consider entering.

laughing out loud thumb up

I do think it has something to do with the differences between tourneys and vs. forum battles. So like, Supes v. Thor, I have to side with the boyscout even as a Thor fan. But give me Thor all day in a tourney. More powers, and less weakness exploitation (and there's no need to get into whether those weaknesses truly make him vulnerable...it's enough that some people believe they do). And when the fights become more about the plans and tricks and traps, "Superman can power his way through it" tends to have less importance than in a vs. battle when it comes to judging. Creativity tends to be rewarded, and "I go to 11" isn't seen as creative, even if it's true he has a higher individual ceiling.

I don't use that specific example to troll; it's an example that's been proven true in tourney history. Supes has had zero success while Thor is among the most prolific. Hell, I'd probably take Majestic before Kal, at least in a team or amalgam tourney. Regardless of how well you argue against k-nite or red sun radiation or magic or whatever, some judge will vote against it.

High herald or lower.

I will just continue to blame Brucie and Delph for their bias. That is my plan.

==

Also, I choose Cyclops, and expect to die in the first round so I won't even try.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

No one is picking Tangent Superman, Flash or Superboy Prime ?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:34 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by RealityWarper
No one is picking Tangent Superman, Flash or Superboy Prime ?

They might. Though based on the tiers, SBP would not be allowed. Same with Sentry. Not sure about Tangent.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:02 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Digi
They might. Though based on the tiers, SBP would not be allowed. Same with Sentry. Not sure about Tangent.

I agree.

SBP is stronger than a lot of characters.

Sentry is just too overpowered.

Tangent is fine I think.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:15 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by -Pr-

Also, I choose Cyclops, and expect to die in the first round so I won't even try.

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:44 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm still the Cyclops guy on this board, so might as well.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i applaud you standing up and admitting that. thumb up and at least you still have a guy... i gotta get my name attached to someone.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:56 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by leonidas
i applaud you standing up and admitting that. thumb up and at least you still have a guy... i gotta get my name attached to someone.

Could always get attached to more than one.

I mean, I'm also probably the Colossus guy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:58 AM
tkitna

Aquaman for Pr. Start the tourny out in the desert so we can get this over with.

By Stoic

Last edited by tkitna on Sep 29th, 2017 at 03:10 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:07 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by tkitna
Aquaman for Pr. Start the tourny out in the desert so we can get this over with.

Wouldn't make a huge difference.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:13 AM
DarkSaint85

If anything goes, and we can do whatever we like as long as it ends in our opponents defeat, I choose Wally West Flash.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:19 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Is merged Genis-Vell high herald?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:45 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

If he beats me, then yes thumb up

Id, I hope this turns into a tourney now. Have psyched myself up. I've told my wife I'm going to be ignoring her for a couple of days.

But a one post tourney would be great, actually. No need for hosts or whatever, just an OP detailing the rules (or lack of, anything goes) and we're set.

I'd like to remind all that Wally is ginger and as such, has no soul.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:57 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Re: Tournament of Power KMC Version DOS

Originally posted by "Id"
Let your inner Nerdism out. Deep dig in into your bias and pick a High Herald Class character and lower, to become your avatar. The character you rep.

Rules:
First Come First Serve.
Other members can not double dip.

Depending on the successes this topic goes...I may kick-start a free for all tournament.

Maybe.

Never been in a tourney, and I don't know what "DOS" means in this context,
but ...

Wonder Woman.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:01 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

thumb up good to have you on board.

And I know it's rare,but I'm not being sarcastic. Genuinely mean it. It would be interesting.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:11 AM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

How is the tournament managed ? Is that alike a Battlezone ?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:58 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Id [probably] will make an opening post, and then we'll all have one post to say our strategy, then judges will read all of the posts and make a judgement on who is more likely to win.

He'll let us know.

----

I propose that if we have this many contestants, we make the opening post 2 posts [no rebuttal, one after another], to be able to address most of what we're up against.

If we have one paragraph for each adversary, to be able to at least scarcely address each.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:11 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote