KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How good is Cin Drallig?

How good is Cin Drallig
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
He's a tier 8, ~ Maul. 0 0%
He's a tier 8, below Maul, but above the B-Team. 1 3.85%
He's a tier 7, on the same level as the B-Team. 13 50.00%
He's below the B-Team. 12 46.15%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How good is Cin Drallig?
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Cin's well beyond Luminara, rofl.

Lmao. This guy played himself.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 04:24 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Kurk
Cin must've been complete Sh1t to have had Yoda as his master and still be below the likes of Luminara.

thumb up

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 04:24 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Yeah, Luminara spanks him, tbh.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 04:35 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ILS
why?

Idk how many "unparalleled" quotes a Jedi needs to be respected, lol.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Idk how many "unparalleled" quotes a Jedi needs to be respected, lol.
Just wasn't sure what the material you would be referring to. Unparalleled in what way? Is it just skill hype?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 05:25 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

There's a number of quotes saying he has "unparalleled" or "nearly unparalleled" skill. Plus Dooku saying Grievous might have trouble against him straight-up.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Dooku saying Grievous might have trouble against him straight-up.

That would be the one which you could frame an argument around. Off course you could dismiss that as an angry Dooku just throwing names out. Dooku, having his lost his cool, has also speculated sh!t like darkside yoda would annihilate Palpatine

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:35 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

If that's the best rebuttal to Cin's status than you might as well sign Cin up as above Grievous now.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:37 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

If that's the best rebuttal to Cin's status than you might as well sign Cin up as above Grievous now.

I wasn't really arguing either for or against it. but
since when did you take subjective quotes seriously?

A better rebuttal though:
If Drallig was better than any members of the B-team, shouldn't Mace have brought him to face Sidious?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Given I take almost all quotes with varying levels of subjectivity, always and never.

But between three quotes saying Cin is among the Jedi's finest, Dooku saying Grievous would be challenged, and him being the in-universe version of Nick Gillard, his standing is pretty obvious.

Because Cin was the Jedi Temple's head of security? His job was to stay at the Jedi Temple in case the Sith launched a counter offensive, which they did. That rebuttal was actually worse than the other one, if that's even possible.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 30th, 2017 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:46 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

But between three quotes saying Cin is among the Jedi's finest,

TPM Kenobi was one of the jedi's finest. That proves what exactly? erm
Dooku saying Grievous would be defeated, and

Uh, he also implied any of the council masters>Grievous even though Grievous has repeatedly clowned council masters. erm
him being the in-universe version of Nick Gillard, his standing is pretty obvious.

Right, he's the battlemaster. How does are you getting from that holistic hype that he's specifically on par with Fisto?
Because Cin was the Jedi Temple's head of security? His job was to stay at the Jedi Temple in case the Sith launched a counter offensive, which they did.

Ah, I thought that was Ti. Fair enough then.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:54 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's a number of quotes saying he has "unparalleled" or "nearly unparalleled" skill. Plus Dooku saying Grievous might have trouble against him straight-up.
It's definitely worth noting that Dooku thought so highly of Drallig.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:57 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

-

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:14 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
TPM Kenobi was one of the jedi's finest. That proves what exactly? erm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzishIREebw

Are you ****ing serious?

When I wrote that, I mentally went to myself, "maybe I should specify what I mean by that - that I'm referring to the unparalleled quotes." But then I figured no one would be retarded enough to actually think I was specifically referring to some quote saying "Cin Drallig is one of the Jedi's finest." But lo and ****ing behold...

quote:
Uh, he also implied any of the council masters>Grievous even though Grievous has repeatedly clowned council masters. erm

And? Dave Filoni has outright stated the same viewpoint.

quote:
Right, he's the battlemaster. How does are you getting from that holistic hype that he's specifically on par with Fisto?

I mean, how aren't you?

Cin Drallig has devoted his entire life to studying, perfecting, and teaching lightsaber combat.

How is a high-ranking Jedi Master like Kit Fisto going to somehow be more proficient in a lightsaber than Drallig?

Especially with Drallig even have statements confirming, indeed, he is "unparalleled" in his craft.

It doesn't follow any logical sense.

Prodigies (Kenobi, Anakin, Mace, Yoda) aside, Cin Drallig should be the best swordsman in the Order.

And that viewpoint is echoed by Dooku naming specifically Drallig, not Fisto, when talking to Grievous.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:27 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

[url]I mean, how aren't you?

Cin Drallig has devoted his entire life to studying, perfecting, and teaching lightsaber combat.

How is a high-ranking Jedi Master like Kit Fisto going to somehow be more proficient in a lightsaber than Drallig?
The same way Bane was more proficient than Kas'im?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:40 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Except Kas'im was better than Bane (in PoD).

That being said, Bane was extremely prodigious in the Force, and by extension could surpass those with years of training through sheer power (influencing augmentation, reflexes, etc.), regardless.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:42 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

...Bane wasn't more proficient than Kas'im.

Comparing Bane to Fisto is also kek, yeah.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:43 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:44 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by ILS
The same way Bane was more proficient than Kas'im?

He wasn't.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:56 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Actually, both of the battlemaster-type characters in the DBT (Kas'im and Raskta) compared rather favorably towards Bane. Can't imagine how great the battlemaster in the peak of Jedi lightsaber dueling must be.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:00 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote