KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 1 Child vs 1,000 Embryos

1 Child vs 1,000 Embryos
Started by: juggerman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm not even sure Surt is pro-life lol, I think he just thinks this guy's argument is retarded.

Indeed, I'm not pro life. I'm pro choice, at least if it's done within the first trimester.

But the more one thinks about this the less sense it makes. Because a majority of abortions done aren't actually performed because there is a danger to the mother. So this is silly. We already favor saving the person over the fetus if there is danger. So he doesn't actually accomplish what he thinks he does if a person says "save the child". He acts like posing this question is going to cause a pro life person to have some sort of meltdown or epiphany about life. Epic failure lol.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 19th, 2017 at 04:44 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 04:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Surtur
Indeed, I'm not pro life. I'm pro choice, at least if it's done within the first trimester.

But the more one thinks about this the less sense it makes. Because a majority of abortions done aren't actually performed because there is a danger to the mother. So this is silly. We already favor saving the person over the fetus if there is danger. So he doesn't actually accomplish what he thinks he does if a person says "save the child". He acts like posing this question is going to cause a pro life person to have some sort of meltdown or epiphany about life. Epic failure lol.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 06:23 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I am in full support of this....The apparant IGNORING of a certain Poster in this thread that is. hee hee

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 06:23 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

good, now learn to ignore your crack pipe for a bit.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 06:40 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yep....great new trend.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 06:49 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: 1 Child vs 1,000 Embryos

Originally posted by juggerman
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/sc...-child-in-fire/

Thoughts?

On the grounds that a pro-life person believes an embryo is equal to a human life; which is often the anti-abortion argument, this guy

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 07:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So in your "LEARNED OPINION" Robbie. When does "It" become a "Human"? Pre or Post Birth?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 07:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
So in your "LEARNED OPINION" Robbie. When does "It" become a "Human"? Pre or Post Birth?

The hilarious thing is the guy didn't nail it at all.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 07:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah but the baby pic was cute.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:04 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The hilarious thing is the guy didn't nail it at all.

This is why you had to strawman his actual argument/point to counter it?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

still waiting for a single honest answer

here, watch: i would save the kid and leave the embryos. in fact i would save a kitten and leave the embryos.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:15 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Watch that Daily Post Count there Bashy....

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
still waiting for a single honest answer

here, watch: i would save the kid and leave the embryos. in fact i would save a kitten and leave the embryos.

You don't see an embryo as being equal to a human life, so this question doesn't really pertain to you. While a pro-life person's argument is many a time that "human life starts at conception", ergo their choice as proposed by this person's argument is: "save one human life or save 1,000 human lives", when we all know none of them would likely choose the embryos over the child.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:23 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
This is why you had to strawman his actual argument/point to counter it?

I used common sense and facts to counter it. He is describing a situation where it is a human life vs embryos. But most pro life people already concede abortion should be done if it's a danger to the mother.

But most abortions aren't life or death. He failed in his attempt. It's time to accept that.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I used common sense and facts to counter it. He is describing a situation where it is a human life vs embryos. But most pro life people already concede abortion should be done if it's a danger to the mother.

But most abortions aren't life or death. He failed in his attempt. It's time to accept that.

Incorrect, many a time the pro-life argument is that life starts at conception; this is the argument he's attacking.

You failed in your strawmanning again as obviously he's not talking to people who are okay with abortions in the first 8 or so weeks or people who are okay with exchanging one-life for one-life.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Incorrect, many a time the pro-life argument is that life starts at conception; this is the argument he's attacking.

You failed in your strawmanning again as obviously he's not talking to people who are okay with abortions in the first 8 or so weeks.

No, it's not incorrect. Most pro life people support abortion if it is a danger to the mother. You are done, it failed. I know you wanted a "gotcha" but it won't be here. Sucks for you.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:34 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You don't see an embryo as being equal to a human life, so this question doesn't really pertain to you. While a pro-life person's argument is many a time that "human life starts at conception", ergo their choice as proposed by this person's argument is: "save one human life or save 1,000 human lives", when we all know none of them would likely choose the embryos over the child.

Hah, I never subscribed to the conception argument.

More a "I think, therefore I am. Which would never have happened if my folks got an abortion."

I'm well aware there's an entire mess with this logic where gallons of wasted sperm and eggs may also have resulted in my non existance.. It's pretty hard to wrap ones head around, much less take seriously.

All I know is, I was that egg once. I happen to value my existence enough to wonder "what if", and can't really say "heck with that case, scrape them out."

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No, it's not incorrect. Most pro life people support abortion if it is a danger to the mother. You are done, it failed. I know you wanted a "gotcha" but it won't be here. Sucks for you.

This is why he said "1,000 embryos" and not "1 embryo" you flipping fool, he's not taking about a single life for a single life. Try and attack the argument he made; not the one you invented.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:36 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is why he said "1,000 embryos" and not "1 embryo" you flipping fool, he's not taking about a single life for a single life. Try and attack the argument he made; not the one you invented.

It doesn't matter, we still have people putting the life of the person before it. It failed. Like I said: there will be no gotcha.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:37 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by cdtm
Hah, I never subscribed to the conception argument.

More a "I think, therefore I am. Which would never have happened if my folks got an abortion."

I'm well aware there's an entire mess with this logic where gallons of wasted sperm and eggs may also have resulted in my non existance.. It's pretty hard to wrap ones head around, much less take seriously.

All I know is, I was that egg once. I happen to value my existence enough to wonder "what if", and can't really say "heck with that case, scrape them out."

Hence his argument doesn't really apply to you, he's arguing against the 'life beings at conception' type of mindset

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:38 PM