KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 1 Child vs 1,000 Embryos

1 Child vs 1,000 Embryos
Started by: juggerman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob, take the loss.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

anyone care to pause with the fright-barking and answer the question? smile

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:33 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
anyone care to pause with the fright-barking and answer the question? smile

Bash, help your pal take the loss. I'd assume he would be used to it but I guess not. Guide him, teach him. He's Wolverine and you're Professor X. Help the guy out.

I know I know..you'll respond with what you feel is a clever quip. It's okay, it's valid. I am validating you.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Surtur
Interesting. It reminds me how one way to truly test someone who is pro abortion is to ask if someone who physically assaults a pregnant woman and causes her to miscarriage should be charged with murder. Their answer usually tells you all you need to know about them.
Not really, 'murder' is a term used to describe an unlawful killing. If abortion is legal, then it isn't murder; on the reverse side, the person assaulting the pregnant woman (if they kill the unborn child) is committing an unlawful killing, therefore it is murder. It's pretty simple, really.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:41 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
Not really, 'murder' is a term used to describe an unlawful killing. If abortion is legal, then it isn't murder; on the reverse side, the person assaulting the pregnant woman (if they kill the unborn child) is committing an unlawful killing, therefore it is murder. It's pretty simple, really.

Actually no, it's not. It's only murder if it's a life. Not hard to get. If it's a life, it's not lawful to kill it unless it's a threat to you. It's no threat if you were irresponsible and didn't use protection.

Anything else? Coffee? Tea?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:41 PM
Scribble

Actually no, it's not. It's only murder if it's a life. Not hard to get. If it's a life, it's not lawful to kill it unless it's a threat to you. It's no threat if you were irresponsible and didn't use protection.

Anything else? Coffee? Tea?
No, murder is an unlawful killing. I can forward you some links if you like; every dictionary agrees with me.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:44 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^ Using logic and legal reasoning instead of emotions thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, murder is an unlawful killing. I can forward you some links if you like; every dictionary agrees with me.

So why is it lawful for some irresponsible chick to get rid of a kid cuz she is too dumb to use protection?

I see nothing lawful about killing something just cuz you're an irresponsible douchebag. If it's a health threat? Sure. If not, explain it, have it make sense, spare me the links.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:45 PM
Scribble

Originally posted by Robtard
^ Using logic and legal reasoning instead of emotions thumb up
That's something I don't understand: most of the right love to harp on about how the left allows emotion to taint their views on matters, and yet most of the right fall into that same hole when discussing abortion.

Raisen is a good example of someone on the right sticking to their principals: his stance on abortion is in line with the whole idea of not letting emotion cloud rationality.
So why is it lawful for some irresponsible chick to get rid of a kid cuz she is too dumb to use protection?

I see nothing lawful about killing something just cuz you're an irresponsible douchebag. If it's a health threat? Sure. If not, explain it, have it make sense, spare me the links.
It doesn't matter what you think should be right, at the moment abortion is legal and is thus not murder.

The reason why abortion is across the board legal is because of cases such as rape or medical issues. It's either all okay, or none of it's okay. Forcing a woman to prove she was raped so she can have a baby is pretty bad, and not always possible. We have to take the right with the wrong; I disagree with people getting abortions willy nilly, but it's necessary in a civilised society.

Last edited by Scribble on Oct 19th, 2017 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So that is your defense? I expected more. I'm kinda disappointed lol.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:48 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

if there happens to be a pro-lifer with any self-respect and personal integrity, please answer the question. surely you must exist.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:48 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

So that is your defense? I expected more. I'm kinda disappointed lol.
Posted more bro

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

if there happens to be a pro-lifer with any self-respect and personal integrity, please answer the question. surely you must exist.

Since you're someone without either, who are you to ask? Serious question.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Posted more bro

But it's just...ugh lol. It's dumb, for you. It's dumb for you to say this, I'd expect it from others. You should know medical issues and rape do not make up most of abortions bro.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:50 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

zero-substance and personal attacks. the cry of the defeated.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

zero-substance and personal attacks. the cry of the defeated.

So you aren't self aware, okay.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:52 PM
Scribble

But it's just...ugh lol. It's dumb, for you. It's dumb for you to say this, I'd expect it from others. You should know medical issues and rape do not make up most of abortions bro.
I know they don't, but my point stands. Abortion disgusts me as a concept, I've said this before. But with overpopulation getting increasingly worse, and poor people less able to access contraception, it's a necessary evil to keep society stable. Banning abortion wouldn't stop abortion, it never has, it only makes it more dangerous for those who are forced to undertake it.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:54 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know they don't, but my point stands. Abortion disgusts me as a concept, I've said this before. But with overpopulation getting increasingly worse, and poor people less able to access contraception, it's a necessary evil to keep society stable. Banning abortion wouldn't stop abortion, it never has, it only makes it more dangerous for those who are forced to undertake it.

I get all that, but if momma can snuff out it out with zero consequences even if it's no threat to her, do you agree it makes ZERO sense to charge someone with murder if they punch a pregnant woman in the stomach and she miscarries?

It was not a threat to either of them. Why's momma get killing privileges?

This is more about the rationale of pro choicers. Either it's a life or it is not.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 19th, 2017 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:56 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I'm heading out for the night, but I will say this one more time: this is about rationale. I'm pro choice. This is why I know the pro choicers argue it's not murder because it's not a life. The argument is not "it's lawful". That is the problem. The argument from a majority of them is that it is not a life and thus not murder.

If it is not a life it cannot be murder no matter who destroys it. That is my thing. These are inescapable truths. This is why the only way to justify this all is if you acknowledge it's a life, but that you're lawfully taking it. If that's what they want to argue okay, but we all know the pro choicers do not argue that,they argue it is NOT a life. When they begin to agree that it is a life and they are taking it anyway, we can talk. Have a nice night.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 19th, 2017 at 11:17 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 11:10 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Surtur's weird punching pregnant woman in the stomach fetish resurfaces yet again...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 11:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote