KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder Woman Vs Flash

Wonder Woman Vs Flash
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Leo is arguing my point without knowing it ( or perhaps he does?)
[/I]

he does. thumb up

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:01 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

I'm finding I haven't the discipline at this moment to "ref info" the 2nd page of this thread as I did the 1st back on page 10. Especially since I completed half a page worth of it and saw it get deleted before I had a chance to save.
Moreover, I'm thinking of another, possibly better way to present info, as an 8-page 20 posts PER page log is kept by KMC, which one can access by clicking on a posters name and then "find all posts".

Thinking of that because a lot of the posts in this thread are multi-image link submissions, and, rather than try to reproduce the links, it'd be much easier just to link to the post or posts containing them.

For instance, right now I'm mulling:
"Wonder Woman has a fight that took place, according to "real-life" time, at faster than light speeds" ... (Sacrifice, WW 219, which should have taken at least 5 to 15 minutes, but was noted by Max Lord to have occurred in less than 2)

" ... and she has, to challenge the implied 'picosecond' or greater reaction feats are beyond her' arguments, the "Shattered God" incident a few pages back."

That's a double digit image submission.
But, rather than waste time trying to reproduce a dozen image links, if I just post the following for people to click on:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...21#post16391348

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 08:22 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Lol knowledge isn't yours.

(please log in to view the image)

That's the page immediately preceding it. It was 1 on 1. She knew he was there. No stealth. He simply managed to punch her. Nice how he can dodge her kicks though smile[/B]

Ah, misremembered that scene.

Anyway, doubt he simply punched her ears, looked more as if he applied pressure with his thumbs on the nerve cluster in the ears area (glosso-pharyngeal nerve?).

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 08:31 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Last edited by bluewaterrider on Nov 10th, 2017 at 05:47 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 05:33 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

I remember Wally speedstealing from Amazo before that scene 🙊

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 11:46 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Later on,after that scene, the same narrator who is using those orange boxes tells how if with Wally's speed, ifAmazo didn't want to get hit, he wouldn't be.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 12:10 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I don't think people are looking at that scene in the detail it need to be looked at.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 12:48 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
I don't think people are looking at that scene in the detail it need to be looked at.

Guess he WANTS Batman to cut his legs off.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 01:58 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Guess he WANTS Batman to cut his legs off.

Doesn't go along with what was shown during that scene with Diana. If you look at the scene carefully, Diana had him tied up before he could finish a thought.

Batman damaging an Amazo that is tied up isn't a bad showing against the character like you are trying to make it out to be. It's like me using Batman dodging a sun amped Superman as a low blow against the character (Supes).

She blitzed Amazo before he could finish a thought and had him tied up. Then, take a look at second and third scan in more detail. You'll see something.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 04:12 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
I remember Wally speedstealing from Amazo before that scene 🙊

Different encounter, different time period, and quite possibly a different Amazo.
The scene you are referring to will take place almost 20 issues later, in Justice League of America #23, Volume 2.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 05:33 PM
DarkSaint85

For Carver:

He had the speed of Flash and Superman, and the MA knowledge of Batman. Black Canary, Hal, Red Arrow - they seem to be fine:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fExJgknsM...42/RCO020_w.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8cXbrUPur...Ic42/RCO021.jpg

I mean, he even had the prep of Batman, lol:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--3-QjOrWY...Ic42/RCO014.jpg

So if you think Bats, whilst his legs are being cut off, let's people do it....

Bluewater brought up a good point, though. Read Amazo's speech. He thinks he's Red Tornado - and that WW is hid friend. Just like Kyle Rayner sucker punched WW because she wasn't expecting an attack from a friend, so too did WW sucker punch Amazo because he didn't expect an attack from a friend.

Here is the next couple of pages.

Note in YOUR scan, Amazo has only formed the word 'Situation' Bruce cuts his legs.

Then:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Hi-USiqMC...Ic42/RCO007.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2u60m9pT_...Ic42/RCO010.jpg

He STILL thinks they're his friends.

This scan that you've been using all this time as proof of WW's speed...has context.

But of course, with Wally's speed:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LeeLUGaoO...Ic42/RCO013.jpg

Note, this is AFTER he had drained WW. Guess he knows who to draw on, right?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-spd_K9XQz...Ic42/RCO012.jpg

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 05:42 PM
bluewaterrider

One thing I'm noting with interest, in the following scene from that early Amazo "I'm John Smith!" encounter, is the implication that it takes the strength of Superman to make punch force from Amazo potentially lethal to every member of the team, suggesting Flash's customary punch magnitude, though delivered faster or more often, is far less of a concern:

Source: Justice League of America #6, Volume 2

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 05:55 PM
DarkSaint85

By that logic, as Wally's speed is what's mentioned, that shows WWs speed is of no concern.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 06:00 PM
bluewaterrider

Wonder Woman is usually performing her speed feats as defensive actions performed in a fight. Unlike the "John Smith" Amazo case, she's not normally wont to blitz people.

I don't expect her to win a sprint against Superman, let alone Flash, in her "normal" day-to-day mode. However:

Source: Justice League of America, Volume 2.
Issue #26, if I remember correctly ...

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 06:14 PM
DarkSaint85

Being faster than Superman in reflexes does not mean being faster than Flash in reflexes.

Moreover,it was explicit that they weren't talking about travel speed, but reflex speed - and it was Wally who was mentioned.

Not WW.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 06:20 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 06:39 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Being faster than Superman in reflexes does not mean being faster than Flash in reflexes.

Granted.

Moreover,it was explicit that they weren't talking about travel speed, but reflex speed

'Kay.

- and it was Wally who was mentioned.

Not WW.

confused

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 06:39 PM
DarkSaint85

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 06:47 PM
bluewaterrider

----------------------------

Storyline: "For Tomorrow."
Source: Superman #211, Volume 2
Writer: Brian Azzarello
Penciller: Jim Lee
Date: January 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman_Vol_2_211

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 06:56 PM
ghostman

Originally posted by bluewaterrider

----------------------------

Storyline: "For Tomorrow."
Source: Superman #211, Volume 2
Writer: Brian Azzarello
Penciller: Jim Lee
Date: January 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman_Vol_2_211

now why dont you post the scene of wonder woman blitzing him with the intent to kill and him moving so fast she couldnt even react... and back handing the shit outta her smile

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 06:57 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote