KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder Woman Vs Flash

Wonder Woman Vs Flash
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
[QUOTE=16380940]Originally posted by DarkSaint85

(please log in to view the image)

Slade is explicitly faster than her. She later wins the battle, of course, but he fight pretty evenly with her throughout the fight.

I don't know why Deathstroke is punching a skinny John Belushi in drag and I don't care. I approve thumb up

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 28th, 2017 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 06:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Btw, perhaps bluewaterrider was unaware, but the invisible jet no longer responds to mental commands - because it's dead.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 06:12 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

I didn't 'unknowingly' allude to it. I know full well that the Jet isn't standard equipment, and she won't have it here.

Yeah, you did. I wasn't referring to the jet but to you not knowing the shooting girl was Devastation, a meta human with as much, if not more, speed, strength, and skill as Diana herself.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 06:16 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Yeah, you did. I wasn't referring to the jet but to you not knowing the shooting girl was Devastation, a meta human with as much, if not more, speed, strength, and skill as Diana herself.

thumb up

So Deathstroke level, then.

Bonus points if you spot how punches from DS draw blood from WW.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 06:17 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 06:19 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Btw, perhaps bluewaterrider was unaware, but the invisible jet no longer responds to mental commands - because it's dead.

Bluewaterrider was very much unaware the jet had died.
And Bluewaterrider is now thinking staff deadlines must have been hell at DC if that's the level of writing that got past the editors.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 06:20 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

thumb up

So Deathstroke level, then.

Bonus points if you spot how punches from DS draw blood from WW.

I'm too busy trying to figure out why Flash doesn't seem fast enough to avoid any pointed object in Deathstroke's possession.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 06:30 PM
DarkSaint85

Probably the same reason WW can't either:

Lemme guess...magic as well?

Bluewaterrider was very much unaware the jet had died.
And Bluewaterrider is now thinking staff deadlines must have been hell at DC if that's the level of writing that got past the editors.

Bad writing? In comics? Say it ain't so!!!

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Oct 28th, 2017 at 06:49 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 06:36 PM
bluewaterrider

Your pictures not showing, E.

All it displays is some "Tripod" apology message for the error.

Might be worthwhile to point out that Riv's opening post is Diana at day-dreaming speed. She moves a lot faster than that when actual need arises.

The following is featured in the Brave and the Bold, roundabout 2007, I think, in the same B & B series that featured Mark Waid writing Supergirl, The Book of Destiny, and Megisthus:

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 06:44 PM
bluewaterrider

While I'm looking at them, might as well include these:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 06:49 PM
DarkSaint85

Your pictures not showing, E.

All it displays is some "Tripod" apology message for the error.

Might be worthwhile to point out that Riv's opening post is Diana at day-dreaming speed. She moves a lot faster than that when actual need arises.

The following is featured in the Brave and the Bold, roundabout 2007, I think, in the same B & B series that featured Mark Waid writing Supergirl, The Book of Destiny, and Megisthus:

I've tried fixing it. It should hopefully appear in all its glory now.

The Brave and the Bold scan still doesn't show much, especially as we know Flash has MUCH better evacuation feats:

And then of course, there is the speedsteal.

While I'm looking at them, might as well include these:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Was waiting for this. A possessed, mind-controlled Flash. Nah. As you can clearly read from my post, I specifically mentioned that Flash had to be in his right mind.....

After all, it specifically says that WW doesn't have to be fast - just predict where STARRO was going to attack.

So yeah, she didn't use speed.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Oct 28th, 2017 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 06:51 PM
bluewaterrider

As you can clearly read from my post, I specifically mentioned that Flash had to be in his right mind.....

Didn't see you write that anywhere in your post, but I agree -- if Flash isn't in his right mind, he might do something stupid ...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 07:05 PM
DarkSaint85

So now I'm confused

You've gone from using PIS showings....to using Injustice WW....to using equipment that no longer works the way you think it does, or that she carries around as standard, or is legal on forums....to using mind controlled Flash.....to now using Supergirl, and relocating the fight to the Moon?

OK.

Speedsteal.

Oh, and since you don't seem to give my posts the attention they richly deserve sad:

Because at the moment, the only clear-cut comparison we have between WW and Flash, where both are in their right minds etc - is Flash running backwards with a cheeky smile, and outpacing her.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Oct 28th, 2017 at 07:11 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 07:09 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

And he has stolen her speed.

http://postimg.org/image/1n9zmdtla3/

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 07:16 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by spetznaz
This. Nothing more to add.

I guess there was more to add!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Indeed there was more to add.

This thread raises some interesting issues, though.

In no particular order:

When does a person's habitual action go from PIS, or even CIS, to a defining feature, habit, or trait of that character?

How much should be corrected for when a writer elevates a character to effective demigodhood?

For the last, I'm thinking of the following, where neither Flash NOR Wonder Woman fare all that well against the Master of Overachievement we know as Bruce:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:10 PM
DarkSaint85

It's pretty standard for Bats...same as with Deathstroke (as seen in this thread) and Cap.

IOW, I wouldn't rely too much on showings involving these characters for their opponents,but I would rely on the showings for them.

So in a Batman thread,I'd use his showings against WW, or Superman.

But in a WW thread, I'd hesitate to use them in a serious manner against WW. Of course,for humour I might,but it won't be serious.

Same with DS. I wouldn't use his showings against WW to say how weak WW was - unless of course, he was being used as a yardstick for his opponents.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:14 PM
bluewaterrider

It's pretty standard for Bats...same as with Deathstroke (as seen in this thread) and Cap.

IOW, I wouldn't rely too much on showings involving these characters for their opponents,but I would rely on the showings for them.

So in a Batman thread,I'd use his showings against WW, or Superman.

But in a WW thread, I'd hesitate to use them in a serious manner against WW. Of course,for humour I might,but it won't be serious.

Same with DS. I wouldn't use his showings against WW to say how weak WW was - unless of course, he was being used as a yardstick for his opponents.

Those two are definitely in classes of their own. If anything, Batman was even more haxx in the following JLA submission than he was in the previous one, taken out of Batman Confidential #53:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:26 PM
DarkSaint85

There's an even MORE haxx showing, lol, in DCnU. Where he outspeeds HV, and takes a beating from WW when she's pissed off. And he's not wearing armour.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:34 PM
bluewaterrider

It's worth noting MOST of Wondy's teammates were holding back to some degree in that last JLA submission.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

There's a lot of good feats and information in this thread. I might try to marry these showings with reference information in the relatively near future.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:38 PM