KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder Woman Vs Flash

Wonder Woman Vs Flash
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Except again, my point: she hasn't, despite saving THOUSANDS, moved at all. Despite Flash doing all of his actions.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 02:06 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
That's Wally who isn't in his right mind, again, as I said in one of my first few posts (and subsequently emphasized) ...

That Mnemon showing is good for Wonder Woman either way.

Either Wally is more predictable when "not in his right mind" there, in which case Diana was good at spotting the pattern he made and can recognize such things very quickly

or

Wally is less predictable and more random when "not in his right mind", in which case Wonder Woman can lasso Wally even when he is traveling at great speed and being unpredictable.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 02:39 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

There is a third option which you haven't considered.
Flash had lost all of his skills. All of his caution. He may want to do XYZactions.....but doesn't know how to.

As seen in your scans.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 02:51 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Except again, my point: she hasn't, despite saving THOUSANDS, moved at all. Despite Flash doing all of his actions.

I share Carver's puzzlement at why you're trying to pursue a fruitless route like this. Diana frequently reacts to maneuvers from people far faster than Kyle and from far closer range than we're shown in that Murmansk encounter:

Source: Supergirl #5
Writer: Jeph Loeb
Circa: 2006

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 02:59 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Because ABC logic doesn't work.

Why don't you focus your efforts not on other people,but on Wally vs Wonder Woman?

Both of them, in their prime (as in this thread) in a direct comparison of speed.

No mind control, not relative to Superman,or Amazo, or DS, or White Martians. Wally and WW.

Because so far, all you two have shown is that Batman would beat both Flash and WW. He's also reacted to HV. He's beaten DS in combat. He's managed to cut Amazo's legs without him being able to react to it. He's taken out no less than four Martians on his lonesome. So using ABC logic is the fruitless endeavor here.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 03:09 PM
DarkSaint85

You speak of misrepresentation,but I like how you missed this scan from your previous upload:

Straight from the horse's mouth,as it were. Curious how neither you nor Carver have posted it.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 03:27 PM
bluewaterrider

I missed scans from that Starro upload because I possess that book neither in concrete form nor in digital. I could not tell you right now what magazine that is taken from to save my life. I could probably find out, but it would take a few moments on Google. When I told you "while I'm looking at them" a few pages ago, I was literally referring to a random collection of scans, of which only those two were identifiably from JLA versus Starro.

On the other hand, when you posted that image of Wonder Woman getting shot? I knew immediately what arc that was from, and the name Yannick Paquette came to mind, and I recognized instantly that girl wasn't a normal girl but a meta human being who rivals or surpasses Wonder Woman in physical stats including super speed and dexterity. Her name is Devastation, and it's debate-able whether that's even an ordinary gun she used, but it sure as shoot in' isn't a normal person firing that thing. Diana would have had little reason to think Deva could move as fast as she did, for no normal human could.

Somewhere I have that book. I could probably produce the physical copy for you within an hour. Ditto for Supergirl #4 or #5.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 06:26 PM
riv6672

Damn you are putting in some work here. thumb up
This is being screencapped & saved.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 06:29 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Cool.

So we have WW herself saying Flash is an indistinct blur - she only managed to later snag him due to him being mind controlled.

We have a race between the two, at WWs instigation, where he's not only beating her but he's doing so by running backwards.

We have your and Carver's well said point that she was unaware - and thus unable - to react to an attack, as she couldn't see it.

A confession that Wally is an indistinct blur to her..

Let's drop the ABC logic. Of mind control, Supergirl's, Supermen, Martians, Amazos, Deathstrokes and their ilk, and focus on WW and Flash.

@riv : thanks, it's appreciated.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 06:33 PM
bluewaterrider

Why don't you focus your efforts not on other people,but on Wally vs Wonder Woman?

Both of them, in their prime (as in this thread) in a direct comparison of speed.

No mind control, not relative to Superman,or Amazo, or DS, or White Martians. Wally and WW.

Because so far, all you two have shown is that Batman would beat both Flash and WW. He's also reacted to HV. He's beaten DS in combat. He's managed to cut Amazo's legs without him being able to react to it. He's taken out no less than four Martians on his lonesome. So using ABC logic is the fruitless endeavor here.

I marvel at how you are able to stitch so MANY deceptions into a post.
In fact one reason I often post with you is that I'm still trying to figure out if you yourself are fully aware of what you're doing when you post like this.

For instance "both ... in a direct comparison of speed".

The language itself automatically encourages people to think that whoever would win in a RACE would win in a fight, as if people with literal earthquake-making strength have nothing that could affect a ground-dependent speedster, let alone when the EarthShaker can also fly above the field at great speeds, where, until shown otherwise, they'd be untouchable.

Another is "each in their prime". When on the first page you show a much weaker version of Wonder Woman, fully a decade removed from the one in question, getting felled by a sniper bullet, and a meta human faking out one preceding the Sacrifice and Simone-era Wonder Women, knowing that some people read only the first page of a thread and no further.

You ask why Carver has not posted more. When in other threads you 2 have had so much conflict the mods have given you warnings that bans would be given if your behavior continued or escalated.

You also ignore that Wonder Woman and Flash are allies on a team.
There's not much occasion for them to be fighting one another UNLESS they are merely training, in which case their contest can be dismissed as friendly,
or are just meeting for the first time, in which case it can be argued one or both are inexperienced, or are being controlled or manipulated against their will.
Where is this pool of Wonder Woman versus Flash fights we have in order to draw from? If they exist, here is precisely the place to present them.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 07:23 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
I just don't see these fights like this on KMC. When we make matches, I thought they fight in character but at the same time, they are trying to take each other out. Not using the friend factor as a set back. If that was the case, why would they even fight in the first place if we are playing the friend card. They could just stand there and end this in a stalemate.

I just think Diana is fast enough to tag him. Amazo was said to be faster than Superman and Diana was still able to blitz him and hang with him far better than any JLA.

He does know her but do you remember this scene???

https://i.imgur.com/4uZO9VL.jpg

Amazon was said to have the speed of Flash (along with other speedsters) and Diana was able to fully tie him up before he could perceive it. Flash isn't winning this.

He had the speed of Flash and Superman, and the MA knowledge of Batman. Black Canary, Hal, Red Arrow - they seem to be fine:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fExJgknsM...42/RCO020_w.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8cXbrUPur...Ic42/RCO021.jpg

I mean, he even had the prep of Batman, lol:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--3-QjOrWY...Ic42/RCO014.jpg

So if you think Bats, whilst his legs are being cut off, let's people do it....

Bluewater brought up a good point, though. Read Amazo's speech. He thinks he's Red Tornado - and that WW is hid friend. Just like Kyle Rayner sucker punched WW because she wasn't expecting an attack from a friend, so too did WW sucker punch Amazo because he didn't expect an attack from a friend.

Here is the next couple of pages.

Note in YOUR scan, Amazo has only formed the word 'Situation' Bruce cuts his legs.

Then:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Hi-USiqMC...Ic42/RCO007.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2u60m9pT_...Ic42/RCO010.jpg

He STILL thinks they're his friends.

This scan that you've been using all this time as proof of WW's speed...has context.

But of course, with Wally's speed:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LeeLUGaoO...Ic42/RCO013.jpg

Note, this is AFTER he had drained WW. Guess he knows who to draw on, right?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-spd_K9XQz...Ic42/RCO012.jpg

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 07:26 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I marvel at how you are able to stitch so MANY deceptions into a post.
In fact one reason I often post with you is that I'm still trying to figure out if you yourself are fully aware of what you're doing when you post like this.

For instance "both ... in a direct comparison of speed".

The language itself automatically encourages people to think that whoever would win in a RACE would win in a fight, as if people with literal earthquake-making strength have nothing that could affect a ground-dependent speedster, let alone when the EarthShaker can also fly above the field at great speeds, where, until shown otherwise, they'd be untouchable.

Forum rule. They start on the ground. So yes, it IS a race - WW to get off the ground/punch the ground/pray to the gods/whatever you see fit to use as a tactic, and Wally to punch her (or speedsteal). Guess who's faster?

quote:

Another is "each in their prime". When on the first page you show a much weaker version of Wonder Woman, fully a decade removed from the one in question, getting felled by a sniper bullet, and a meta human faking out one preceding the Sacrifice and Simone-era Wonder Women, knowing that some people read only the first page of a thread and no further.

It was a direct reply to your use of PIS and Deathstroke. At least I didn't post Injustice WW, who is a completely different universe, let alone timeline.

quote:

You ask why Carver has not posted more. When in other threads you 2 have had so much conflict the mods have given you warnings that bans would be given if your behavior continued or escalated.

Not me. I've not been warned.

quote:

You also ignore that Wonder Woman and Flash are allies on a team.
There's not much occasion for them to be fighting one another UNLESS they are merely training, in which case their contest can be dismissed as friendly,
or are just meeting for the first time, in which case it can be argued one or both are inexperienced, or are being controlled or manipulated against their will.
Where is this pool of Wonder Woman versus Flash fights we have in order to draw from? If they exist, here is precisely the place to present them.

There is the one you posted, where WW says Flash is far faster than her (well, I had to post the scan, but it was the same fight you helpfully brought up). Flash was mindcontrolled, and was fighting out of character there - but it helpfully illustrates the speed difference between the two. Whilst I agree, it is not a race, WW was hardly flying up into the air, or thunderclapping, or anything like that - she was getting punched in the face. As you yourself pointed out, speedsteal is also in character - so had Flash just stolen her speed, instead of punching her, well....

There is also the race. Again, I agree - it is not a race here. But it once again illustrates the gap in speed we are dealing with. When racing Superman, he puts effort in, and his style is akin to an Olympic sprint.

With WW? He runs backwards. And is still faster.

When the bell rings, he would be an indistinct blur to her - per her own admission. However, he WOULDN'T be running like a starfish, attacking her from pre-set, easily guessable points.

IOW, we already have had this fight. And Flash was winning, until Starro's predictability let him down.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 07:37 PM
bluewaterrider

Speed steal may be a winning technique here.
Without research, I can't answer it either way.
For now I'm willing to grant, if only for the sake of argument, that Flash could get a win percentage based on how likely it is that he would actually use that technique.

The problem is that Wonder Woman has a lot of things that SHOULD be the case for her but are not. For instance if she can fall under the sway of Fernus, J'onn Jonnz burning Martian form, she should theoretically have fallen to Max Lord, who was such a threat that even Batman warned J'onn to stay away from Max.

Instead she proves practically alone among the Justice League who can stop Max.

Wonder Woman's Secret Files and Origins book highlights a few more things that should be the case for her but are not, as a younger Diana tells her mentor, Phillipus:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 08:57 PM
carver9

Wonder Woman blind fighting Flash hand to hand...

Here is the kicker...Diana was adapting to Flash speed. To the point that she was overwhelming him in h2h combat. Sensing the changes in air pressure.

And this is while blind. She stomps this tbh.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:04 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

The Doomsday comment made by Cassie is interesting.
I don't have much more time to examine today, but I seem to remember Doomsday having spiked knuckles, which should, by all rights, leave puncture wounds on Diana anytime they brawl. This is PART of what they refer to, a clone of DD that literally became stronger with each passing moment:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:05 PM
carver9

You just used a Lantern in your post though. Why can't we use others?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:08 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Diana is a pretty hard-muscled young lady by the time she nears the prime you're suggesting we take these characters at, D.S.

Source: Wonder Woman #40, Volume 3

I'm recalling that now from having seen, in the course of researching for this thread, not only Flash's hand bruised from punching Deathstroke, but also bleeding IIRC, from punching SuperboyPrime.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:16 PM
bluewaterrider

Worth pointing out, and apologies but I'm running up on a deadline here, but compared to Flash, Diana has a RIDICULOUS level of physical strength.

Famously posted is that image of she and Superman and Jonnz tugging to get Earth back in orbit.

But even an effort with something 1/60th that mass suggests she's no true underdog:

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:23 PM
bluewaterrider

This is the one I really want most answered.

Wonder Woman versus Doom.

Note that this BEFORE Wonder Woman endures that near the sun to the Earth haymaker by Superman in Sacrifice.

Note that she takes all these punches while blinded.

Note that some of these are hard enough to launch her literally hundreds or even thousands of miles away to other countries.

Notice that this is Zoom, who, if I remember correctly, took on several Flashes correctly.

And note with all that who comes out on top:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Wonder Woman Volume 2. #214 or thereabouts ...

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:34 PM
DarkSaint85

Wonder Woman blind fighting Flash hand to hand...

Here is the kicker...Diana was adapting to Flash speed. To the point that she was overwhelming him in h2h combat. Sensing the changes in air pressure.

And this is while blind. She stomps this tbh.

thumb up

I was waiting for these scans.

Here, WW realises that they are mollycoddling her:

And once again....Batman saves the day. So apparently she can 'adapt to Wally's speed' and 'sense air pressure'....but not Batman, lol.

So IF we take this fight as gospel.....if a punch from the human level Batman pretty much incapacitates her, what would one IMP do???

You just used a Lantern in your post though. Why can't we use others?

My point was that when both of them were in direct comparison with each other, Flash did like 10 actions, when WW didn't even do 1.

I didn't use a Lantern. It was to show that in the time it took Lantern's light to travel a tiny distance, Wally did loads of stuff, whilst WW was unable to react.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 09:39 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:37 PM