KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Anti-Atheist Memes (just to be fair)

Anti-Atheist Memes (just to be fair)
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Marriage is also forced on people in third world shitholes, guess we should judge marriage to be inherently corrupt and abolish that too.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:44 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Marriage is also forced on people in third world shitholes, guess we should judge marriage to be inherently corrupt and abolish that too.

False equivalency. No one is saying BAN RELIGION or BAN MARRIAGE. The point is the man is being punished for basically what is nothing more than a thought crime. Religion gives us that great nugget of moral wisdom.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Religion also gave us the great moral wisdom of inalienable rights that makes the West so great, and from that comes the tradition of there not being thought crimes in the West.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 01:03 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

Religion also gave us the great moral wisdom of inalienable rights that makes the West so great, and from that comes the tradition of there not being thought crimes in the West.

Which is why, in my view, religions should be criticised individually instead of grouping them together. Some religions are worse than others.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 01:09 PM
RHaggis is currently offline Click here to Send RHaggis a Private Message Find more posts by RHaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Religion also gave us the great moral wisdom of inalienable rights that makes the West so great...

You're going to have to do some serious work to convince me of that. I think it's more likely that inalienable rights came about in spite of religion. Maybe a belief in God helped it come about, but certainly not religious texts themselves with the condoning of slavery and subjugation of women.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 01:11 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

(please log in to view the image)
They got us...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:25 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

I question religion but a lot of atheists go out of their way to put down religious people who are decent. if their god doesn't exist to you then there's no need to bash. just ignore. don't virtue signal and act like you're trying to save lives. it's obvious, you're just trying to appear smarter. quit that shiit.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:30 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

*FEDORA TIPPING INTENSIFIES*

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:33 PM
RHaggis is currently offline Click here to Send RHaggis a Private Message Find more posts by RHaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by RHaggis
*FEDORA TIPPING INTENSIFIES*

I still don't know what this fedora thing means. tried looking it up but couldn't get info

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:36 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

Originally posted by Raisen
I still don't know what this fedora thing means. tried looking it up but couldn't get info

It's a meme that sort of just got associated with smug atheists.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:47 PM
Raisen

Originally posted by RHaggis
It's a meme that sort of just got associated with smug atheists.

thanks for the info.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:48 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, because we all wear fedoras.. lol

Originally posted by Ursumeles
(please log in to view the image)
They got us...

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:54 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

8:80 AM? Surely, this is Satan's work.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:39 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ Indeed. We can manipulate time itself. I find it funny we would pray to a dark lord that we don't believe exists as well. I guess the eating of babies would cause some mental and health issues though.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 08:34 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by socool8520
I find it funny we would pray to a dark lord that we don't believe exists as well.

Shut up, his malevolence is different.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 08:40 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by socool8520
I guess the eating of babies would cause some mental and health issues though.

laughing out loud

It's funny, but sadly this is actually probably an all-too-real perception that many people have of atheists, which is why we can't get anyone relatively reasonable elected to public office.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 09:13 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

The idea that we automatically worship Satan argument always gets me to laugh. lol

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 09:34 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

No, generally speaking though I've seen atheists emphasize criticism of Christianity over criticisms of other ideologies is the main point I'm making. The atheists who have their priorities straight are the ones who I actually think are concerned with making the world a better place even if I disagree with them on Christianity, the atheists who spend over half of their ideological criticism aimed at western religion to me seem more like they're trying to settle some personal score (such as say being pissed off at their religious family for their upbringing) than actually being motivated by altruism.

Or maybe Christians should focus less on preaching Christianity than they do actually solving word problems which have nothing to do with Christian faith?

But nah, leave it to religious people to try and shame atheists for not solving problems they have far more power and resources to solve than atheists do. Problems that are possibly more attributable to religious imposition, then a criticism of religion.

Last I checked, Aithiest's lack of belief isn't the reason why 38% of people in our country still believe in creationism.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:55 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

laughing
Yea, no, religion was the reason monarchy was a thing in the first place.

There's a reason that we've progressed as our society has become more secular and has less reliant on the church for the decisions we make.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Oct 31st, 2017 at 11:03 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:59 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
laughing
Yea, no, religion was the reason monarchy was a thing in the first place.

There's a reason that we've progressed as our society has become more secular and has less reliant on the church for the decisions we make.

A belief in God is also what Locke extracted the notion of inalienable rights from and much of his political philosophy from, and his views helped throw off the shackles of monarchy, and were a pretty significant pillar upon which our nation was built.

Again if you wanna say religion's a net negative, that's your prerogative, but if you wanna say nothing good has ever come out of it for anyone that's just you being obtuse.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 01:15 PM