KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Systematic Issues

Systematic Issues
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
I'm not sure what you're saying, but I'm under no illusion that there isn't voter fraud.

I was referring to the issue of voter fraud and the lack of evidence, yet we have situations such as the CA bit that blatantly show a system put in place that ALLOWS fraud to occur without a mechanism to actually check it. eek!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:39 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Yeah, that is a bad policy and should not be okay.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:42 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

So you don't imprison murderers to also keep them from murdering others? Hmmm. okay.

But the dude's already murdered someone. He's already committed a crime and has already violated someone else's rights. Drug users have not done this.
Also, drug use is a crime so you should be punished.

Circular reasoning. I'm disputing whether drug use should be a crime, not whether it is.

So no one should ever know the crimes you have committed?

Nope, not unless you choose to disclose that information. It's not the government's business to be disclosing private information.
Don't commit crimes if you are worried about the ramifications later. It's as simple as that.

That's not an argument. Explain to me why people should be punished again after having already been punished. We're not discussing whether or not someone should commit crimes. We're discussing what the ramifications should be. And no, if you're going to punish someone, then they shouldn't be punished after having already been punished.
The employer does find out...with a background check. lol How else are they going to come up with your criminal history, your honesty?

Employers shouldn't have an obligation to know your criminal history.

If you can't see the difference between slavery and conditions of imprisonment for criminal activity then I really don't know what to say.

That you've decided to make slavery ok under specific circumstances doesn't change that it's slavery.

It would be hard to know if there's fraud if you don't have any way to check it. lol [/B]

But we do know that voter turnout is being reduced by the thousands. So why are we enacting policy we know prevents thousands from voting on the basis of something we don't know?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 09:55 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Rockydonovang

How about if you are going to be handling sensitive material, large amounts of cash/making financial descisions for others, handling a firearm..........?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 10:09 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by snowdragon
How about if you are going to be handling sensitive material, large amounts of cash/making financial descisions for others, handling a firearm..........?

If someone's crimes has made it so they can't be trusted with certain sh!t, then the government can put restrictions on say firearm usage or restrict a rapist being able to do a job that involves kids. You don't have to disclose sh!t to do either.

Though really, people should be released once they've been rehabilitated. If the dude is still a danger to society, why would you release him?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 05:56 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

But the dude's already murdered someone. He's already committed a crime and has already violated someone else's rights. Drug users have not done this.

So what? Drug use is a crime. A person knows that they can be jailed for drug use so why should I care if they are jailed?

Circular reasoning. I'm disputing whether drug use should be a crime, not whether it is.

It should be. You're in an altered state (more so than coffee or some lesser bs point that may be brought up) which can lead you to make bad decisions or harm someone. You can make the case that some drugs are that big of an issue and I'm open to some of them, but you won't convince me that something like crack should be legal.

Nope, not unless you choose to disclose that information. It's not the government's business to be disclosing private information.

Okay. load your business full of people with criminal pasts and let me know how that goes for you. As a business owner, I definitely want to know the character of the person I may hire. I also wouldn't leave it up to the individual to disclose that information. That's just foolish

That's not an argument. Explain to me why people should be punished again after having already been punished. We're not discussing whether or not someone should commit crimes. We're discussing what the ramifications should be. And no, if you're going to punish someone, then they shouldn't be punished after having already been punished.

Their character should very much be challenged if they have repeat offences and such. It's your own fault that you would be in a situation where a background check may be unfavorable for you.

I disagree. I would want to know if I have criminals working for me or not.

That you've decided to make slavery ok under specific circumstances doesn't change that it's slavery.

OK.

But we do know that voter turnout is being reduced by the thousands. So why are we enacting policy we know prevents thousands from voting on the basis of something we don't know?

Because one can be rectified by obtaining an ID (easy to get and makes things legal) while the other puts a restriction on an illegal activity. That's not hard to think through.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:16 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

So what? Drug use is a crime. A person knows that they can be jailed for drug use so why should I care if they are jailed?

It should be. You're in an altered state (more so than coffee or some lesser bs point that may be brought up) which can lead you to make bad decisions or harm someone. You can make the case that some drugs are that big of an issue and I'm open to some of them, but you won't convince me that something like crack should be legal.

I'd say at the bare minimum weed and psychedelics should be legalized and the use of other drugs should be decriminalized, even if their sale is still criminalized.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:37 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd say at the bare minimum weed and psychedelics should be legalized and the use of other drugs should be decriminalized, even if their sale is still criminalized.

Psychadelics? Are you serious? People on bath salts and such chewed people's faces off. They make you see things that aren't real. You don't see the harm in that?

While I don't have a serious issue with people doing drugs as long as they are not caught, I can easily see why they are illegal.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:55 PM
SquallX

I think were forgetting one key point here when it comes to voting.

Voting is not a right, it is a privilege. The unintellectuals should never vote. Why? Because most of them have no idea, and there just voting because their stuck in a party system.

If you take youre time and ask the average person to name one policy for whom they voting for, they 8/10 unable too. All they do is recite what they here on the news.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 02:31 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Psychadelics? Are you serious? People on bath salts and such chewed people's faces off. They make you see things that aren't real. You don't see the harm in that?

Bath salts do not fall into the category of psychedelics my dude, hallucinogens are not universally psychedelics. Psychedelics include LSD, psilocybin (shrooms), mescaline (which is in peyote), and DMT.

Psychedelics have a history of being used as entheogens, substances used for spiritual experiences and revelations, such as the Native Americans' tradition of utilizing peyote in such a manner. This is something I've experienced firsthand with LSD, and it is as a consequence of my experiences with psychedelics that I am not the same spiteful resentful person I was less than two years ago, and that I've developed a philosophical perspective and moral compass that has allowed me to take control of my emotions and motivations to improve my own state of being.

Likewise, Steve Jobs has also stated that doing LSD was one of the most important things he had ever done and that it helped him keep his priorities straight. I've also read dozens of experience reports from people who speak of psychedelic experiences as some of the most profound experiences of their lives and that these experiences helped motivate them to get their shit together in life.

There have also been studies with psychedelics where the participants have reported that they were some of the most meaningful experiences of their lives, such as this study on psilocybin:
Giffiths’ study involved 18 healthy adults, average age 46, who participated in five eight-hour drug sessions with either psilocybin — at varying doses — or placebo. Nearly all the volunteers were college graduates and 78% participated regularly in religious activities; all were interested in spiritual experience.

Fourteen months after participating in the study, 94% of those who received the drug said the experiment was one of the top five most meaningful experiences of their lives; 39% said it was the single most meaningful experience.

Critically, however, the participants themselves were not the only ones who saw the benefit from the insights they gained: their friends, family member and colleagues also reported that the psilocybin experience had made the participants calmer, happier and kinder.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/...alth-long-term/

And there's also quite a bit of potential for the use of psychedelics in psychotherapy or in promoting psychological help, such as alleviating depression and PTSD.

Additionally LSD and psilocybin are not addictive substances (in fact studies show that psychedelics can actually help treat addiction, such as alcoholism), and their chemical toxicity relative to dosage is significantly less than that of aspirin or caffeine.

I won't deny that there certainly are risks involved and that psychedelics should be regulated to some extent, however to keep these substances criminal is to shut the door on a very powerful catalyst for meaningful experiences and personal transformation.

While I don't have a serious issue with people doing drugs as long as they are not caught, I can easily see why they are illegal.

Just to clarify, do you view weed in this manner as well? Keeping weed illegal is completely and utterly retarded tbh.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:17 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

All drugs should be decriminalized and stuff like weed, LSD, shrooms, etc. should be outright legalized.

And if you're worried about people doing stupid shit while under influence, then alcohol should be your number one concern.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:22 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Weed for the most part hasn't had any history of creating delusions or violent behavior. I do think it should be regulated like alcohol where you shouldn't be high at work, driving, etc.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:22 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Weed for the most part hasn't had any history of creating delusions or violent behavior. I do think it should be regulated like alcohol where you shouldn't be high at work, driving, etc.

At the same time there's also studies suggesting that the use of psychedelics helps reduce domestic violence.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:29 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Emperordmb
At the same time there's also studies suggesting that the use of psychedelics helps reduce domestic violence.

They can also induce depression and paranoia. It's not all good times. That's the risk.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:32 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
All drugs should be decriminalized and stuff like weed, LSD, shrooms, etc. should be outright legalized.

And if you're worried about people doing stupid shit while under influence, then alcohol should be your number one concern.

I disagree, but you have a right to your opinion.

Absolutely. I could totally see why it could be outlawed. You get no argument from there. lol

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:34 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

They can also induce depression and paranoia. It's not all good times. That's the risk.

And that's a potential risk I should be at liberty to take without the government threatening me with force if I do.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:44 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

You could also mistake a human being for a demon and murder them.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:47 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

You could also mistake a human being for a demon and murder them.

Then hold that person accountable to murder laws, and leave everyone else whose not murdering anyone the **** alone.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:49 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Okay then no gun laws either right?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:50 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Okay then no gun laws either right?

I never said psychedelics shouldn't be regulated, I said they shouldn't be illegal.

And what you've actually just brought up actually hits upon my general standard when it comes to prohibition of things.

I'm against prohibition because my general standard is that it's wrong to restrict the liberty of an entire nation due to a minority of cases where people are going to **** up. My belief is that you give people their liberty, with regulation when proven effective and necessary enough, allow the responsible people to go about their day and punish the irresponsible people.

Alcohol is legal and regulated, underage drinking is illegal, drunk driving is illegal, and those who drive drunk are to be punished to the full extent of the law and everyone else is to be left alone. It would be immoral IMO to prevent the entire nation from consuming alcohol because some people are irresponsible dipshits.

In the same way, you've given me the extremely marginal case in psychedelic usage when someone takes them and kills someone else and argue that's justification for restricting the liberty of the entire nation. Unless you can prove that legalizing psychedelics would impact the homicide rate to demonstrable severity, then I don't consider it valid to curb the liberty of the entire nation based on this. If we prohibited everything with the potential to cause death; guns, cars, alcohol, knives, etc. we'd quickly find a lot of our liberty eroded. So the potential for harm is not enough to back prohibitive measures, the harm that would arise actually needs to be proven to a sufficient extent.

Last edited by Emperordmb on Nov 15th, 2017 at 04:02 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:59 PM