KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mass Shootings in America Thread

Mass Shootings in America Thread
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (263): « First ... « 120 121 [122] 123 124 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
At least 9 of the top 10 terrorist attacks didn't involve Planes crashing into skyscrapers.

FACT

You actually think you're making a good point, don't you?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 10:39 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Silent Master
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_...e_United_States

Using the top ten, seems assault rifles are both used more often and have the higher kills counts:

1 Las Vegas shooting 2017 59 (including the perpetrator) Semi-automatic rifles
2 Orlando nightclub shooting dagger 2016 50 (including the perpetrator) Semi-automatic rifle
3 Virginia Tech shooting dagger 2007 33 (including the perpetrator) Handguns
4 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting 2012 28 (including the perpetrator) Semi-automatic rifle and handgun
5 Sutherland Springs church shooting 2017 27 (including the perpetrator) Semi-automatic rifle
6 Luby's shooting dagger 1991 24 (including the perpetrator) Handguns
7 San Ysidro McDonald's massacre dagger 1984 22 (including the perpetrator) Multiple weapons
8 University of Texas tower shooting dagger 1966 18 (including the perpetrator) Multiple weapons
9 Stoneman Douglas High School shooting 2018 17 Semi-automatic rifle
10 San Bernardino attack 2015 16 (including both perpetrators) Semi-automatic rifles

Seems to be a trend. I'll do the maths later for all.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 10:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

You actually think you're making a good point, don't you?
I just stated a fact

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 10:47 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Barring LV and Orlando whose higher death counts are easily explained by the location of the shootings, rather than the weapons being used. there is barely any difference in the numbers killed.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 10:48 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

FeeFeesFly you don't know a fact if it slapped you in the face.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 10:49 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I just stated a fact

You don't understand context, do you?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 10:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_...e_United_States

Barring LV and Orlando whose higher death counts are easily explained by the location of the shootings, rather than the weapons being used. there is barely any difference in the numbers killed.

Assault rifle kill count = 220
Handgun/Shotgun kill count = 145

I didn't include the "multiple weapons" on either.

So it seems using maths that assault weapons produce more bodies. About 50% more bodies.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:58 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 10:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

You don't understand context, do you?
Attacking me personally rather than addressing the point is a sign you have no fuccking idea how to respond. Come now, you can figure out a simple little analogy, they're not that difficult. Here I'll repost it for you

At least 13 of the top 20 mass shootings(death toll) didn't involve AR type weapons.

Instead of using "common sense" maybe you should use facts.
At least 9 of the top 10 terrorist attacks didn't involve Planes crashing into skyscrapers.

FACT

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 10:57 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude you havent even taken college level statistics, what would you know about numbers?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:01 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blindside12
Dude you havent even taken college level statistics, what would you know about numbers?
How are you gonna presume things about someone you don't know lol. I know all about standard deviations and mean and shit, that said do you disagree with the fact I posted? Is it incorrect?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:04 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

FACT

Nice fact, also irrelevant to this debate.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:05 PM
Silent Master

Counting shootings where only AR style weapons were used = 192
Counting shootings where no AR style weapons were used = 209

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:06 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice fact, also irrelevant to this debate.
So then SM's fact is irrelevant too thumb up cool

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:10 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

So then SM's fact is irrelevant too thumb up cool

Only your fact is irrelevantthumb up

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:11 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Only your fact is irrelevantthumb up
He said AR related tragedies are in the minority and therefore not important. How is that different from Plane crash related tragedies being in the minority?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:12 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

False equivalency

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:13 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

False equivalency
Why

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:14 PM
Silent Master

He said AR related tragedies are in the minority and therefore not important. How is that different from Plane crash related tragedies being in the minority?

Quote where I said that AR related tragedies aren't important.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:14 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quote where I said that AR related tragedies aren't important.

At least 13 of the top 20 mass shootings(death toll) didn't involve AR type weapons.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:15 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's not a quote of him saying that

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 11:16 PM