KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Feminist researcher: Small desks cause 'hostile' environment for fat students

Feminist researcher: Small desks cause 'hostile' environment for fat students
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
No, that just makes me sad.

Yes, we are doomed.

Doomed to never experience an obesity crisis eek!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 06:37 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by socool8520
Nope. US is 18th and UK is 43rd at least according to this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/m...s-in-the-world/

Interesting. But I wanted some context, because being 43rd doesn't tell me how serious it is. So I found one article on the same site(telegraph) that says obesity is responsible for about 1 in 10 deaths in Britain and costs the NHS 5.1 billion.

No doubt the US is even worse as you showed, but putting it that way IMO makes it hit home more.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 06:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Stigma
Yes, we are doomed.

Doomed to never experience an obesity crisis eek!

Fair enough. lol

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 06:47 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Poland is too poor to get fat, if that helps.

Poland is poor? Hmm. Have you considered maybe letting in thousands of unvetted people into your country? Problem solved!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 06:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Surtur
Poland is poor? Hmm. Have you considered maybe letting in thousands of unvetted people into your country? Problem solved!

Yes, very. I mean, I am typing this from a shack in the middle of a God foresaken forest, on an IBM from the 1990s.

One day I hope to be able to visit McDonalds on a daily basis (if they hack down the forest and build one) and get myself a nice, round belly like those rich Westerners have.

Last edited by Stigma on Nov 16th, 2017 at 07:03 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 06:59 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, very. I mean, I am typing this from a shack in the middle of a God foresaken forest, on an IBM from the 1990s.

One day I hope to be able to visit McDonalds on a daily basis (if they hack down the forest and build one) and get myself a nice, round belly like those rich Westeners have.

I have a copy of Windows 2000 if you need it.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 07:03 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I have a copy of Windows 2000 if you need it.

Wow, thanks. Finally an update!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 07:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow, thanks. Finally an update!

You ever think about going to a different country?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 07:08 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

You ever think about going to a different country?

Yeah, I would like one day to emigrate to Saudi Arabia.

As a Christian I think I will be welcomed there. Feel the full force of multiculturalism, you know. stick out tongue

Seriously though, no. I've lived in Germany and the US for some time. Travelled around in much of Europe too. Poland is the best thumb up

Last edited by Stigma on Nov 16th, 2017 at 07:15 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 07:12 PM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Yeah you'll be welcomed there, I'm sure of it! big grin

You're lucky, I want to visit the UK, France, Germany and Poland too someday!

The Word

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 08:18 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I would like one day to emigrate to Saudi Arabia.

As a Christian I think I will be welcomed there. Feel the full force of multiculturalism, you know. stick out tongue

Seriously though, no. I've lived in Germany and the US for some time. Travelled around in much of Europe too. Poland is the best thumb up
They like Christians in KSA, in fact only Christains, Muslims and Jews (people of the books) can come to KSA unless they are diplomats.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 08:20 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by kevdude
Yeah you'll be welcomed there, I'm sure of it! big grin

You're lucky, I want to visit the UK, France, Germany and Poland too someday!

Great!

When it comes to the UK, I can recommed visiing London (obviously) but West England and Wales are also worth your time.

In Germany, Bavaria region and Munich are a must. Simply beautiful.

In Poland, just let me know, I'll show you around wink

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 08:23 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great!

When it comes to the UK, I can recommed visiing London (obviously) but West England and Wales are also worth your time.

Berlin is ****ing great also, especially East Berlin up around the TV tower, Alexanderplatz, which has a very good restaurant called the sphere. Checkpoint Charlie and the Jewish memorial are musts.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 08:26 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Great!

Thanks, it sounds great!

They all have a bunch of places I want to go see!
happy

The Word

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 09:28 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Originally posted by Kurk
Do Feminists think it's okay to be fat? Like from a health stand-point?

You're thinking of obese. You can be a fatty but really healthy.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 12:51 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by meep-meep
You're thinking of obese. You can be a fatty but really healthy.

Huh? No. There's no such thing as "healthy being fat."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 12:54 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I mean technically speaking, depending on how largely built you are, you can be "fat"(wider than most people), but still be fit as hell.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 12:57 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I mean technically speaking, depending on how largely built you are, you can be "fat"(wider than most people), but still be fit as hell.

No you can't. lol

You're joking, right?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 12:58 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by dadudemon
No you can't. lol

I looked up the definition of fat, it seems "width" isn't one of the definitions.
sad

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 01:10 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote