KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Keystone pipeline spills 210,000 gallons of oil

Keystone pipeline spills 210,000 gallons of oil
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
How do you know they aren't?

Don't worry, if they are, they'll tell you. lol

They are not as bad as vegans, though.

I still think people should work towards less of a reliance on fossil fuels, because that is common sense if we still want there to be a world for our children to inherit.

That's a good point, Scribbity Bibbs Dibbledy Dibbs, Ribbledy Ribs Pibbity Sibbity Clibbity Scribs.

Sorry, got carried away, there. You have an awesome username and I like saying.

Try to say outloud what I just did, above: it's fun once you get it down right.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:03 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ That's just mumble rap DDM. lol

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:05 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Firefly218
And I'm very thankful to daduman for correcting me

I'd like to point out that gloating over correcting someone is not something I do. It's a bit double-dee douchey. One and done and we move on. Politically, we largely agree so I see no harm from continuing this conversation which is really about pieces of shit evil Cronies continuing to ****up the environment...and impede our progress to a sustainable energy future (this could be a stock pun but I am not clever enough to make it).

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:06 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by socool8520
^ That's just mumble rap DDM. lol

That's a thing? I'm making noises that are fun to say. So if mumble rap actually exists, I can confirm that it is just noises that are fun to say.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:07 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Youtube it. It's a thing. lol Not exactly what you were doing, but the creativity is maybe only marginally higher than the few moments it took you to do the Scribbs scatman.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:09 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have an encyclopedia published from 2005 stating that we would run out of oil by 2012. I open it every now and then to lol at its stupidity.

Also lol at gas stations being replaced by supercharger stations anytime in the next 20 years. Until the convenience of spending 5-10 minutes max refilling with gas is matched by chargers it ain't goin to happen.

Until that's addressed, electric cars are never going to take over fossil-fuel driven ones. A good chunk of people in this country don't have a garage to plug their car into over-night. What about those who park on the street or in apartment complex lots? All of the infrastructure to support that many people charging all at once would need to be completely revamped. Think of black-outs as everyone comes home from work to plug-in their cars. Hell, we some cities can't even handle mass air-conditioner use.

We should be looking into hydrogen powered cars.

Also I'm totally pro-electric cars as long as they're not hostile towards my gasoline driven ones. Like no government mandates to phase out gasoline cars.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:13 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by dadudemon
Don't worry, if they are, they'll tell you. lol

They are not as bad as vegans, though.

That's a good point, Scribbity Bibbs Dibbledy Dibbs, Ribbledy Ribs Pibbity Sibbity Clibbity Scribs.

Sorry, got carried away, there. You have an awesome username and I like saying.

Try to say outloud what I just did, above: it's fun once you get it down right.
I'm loving these increasingly absurd spins on my username. Might have to put this one in my profile actually, alongside a few others that Quincy coined.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:23 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Another #MAGA thread thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by socool8520
Youtube it. It's a thing. lol Not exactly what you were doing, but the creativity is maybe only marginally higher than the few moments it took you to do the Scribbs scatman.

Okay, I did. You're right: only a hair more effort required to take it from the gibberish I'm coming up with and what they are doing. This is doctor seuss level's of rhyming lazy (making up words to rhyme).

Originally posted by Kurk
I have an encyclopedia published from 2005 stating that we would run out of oil by 2012. I open it every now and then to lol at its stupidity.

I remember this number. I think it is supposed to be the turning point that we would start using more than new extractions would produce. Meaning, it doesn't mean we would run out, it would mean new "sites" would be discovered less and less that we would hit a turning point of exhaustion and I believe that date was projected to be 2012. What I mean is, "new sites show 100 barrels of oil and we are using 101 barrels of oil." Make sense? Post the exact wording from the encyclopedia. Take a picture. I am sure that's what it means.

Last edited by dadudemon on Nov 17th, 2017 at 05:20 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:17 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I heard that the new Keystone pipeline would actually oil prices in the mid-west. The oil coming from Canada is for foreign markets apparently.

Can anyone back this up?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:30 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kurk
I heard that the new Keystone pipeline would actually oil prices in the mid-west. The oil coming from Canada is for foreign markets apparently.

Can anyone back this up?

I think you accidentally a word.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:50 PM
Impediment
Endless

“Wow this is a horrible comment. LETS CONTINUE THE STATUS QUO!!!

Impediment in the 1800s — “If you’re against slave labor, don’t wear those comfortable cottons just walk around naked you liberal b!tch. Either go start a revolution or sit down and shut up”

Here’s the truth. Renewable energy technologies are advancing rapidly. Solar powered energy can now be stored in batteries and is powering entire islands in the pacific. GM has announced a fully electric future for cars, very soon gas stations will start to be replaced by power stations. Oil and Gas is here for now, but it is not the future. 20 years is the life span of the status quo, approximately.”

Comparing oil to slave labor.

This is both face palm worthy and incredibly hilarious.

El Oh El, indeed.

If renewable energies are advancing so rapidly then where are they, Mr. Economical Scientist? Oil may not be the cleanest industry, but it’s going to be here for a LOOOONG time and you’re still going to be a user of said product.

BTW, the Quote feature isn’t working. This site is slowly dying more and more, I swear.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 06:36 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Impediment

Impediment in the 1800s — “If you’re against slave labor, don’t wear those comfortable cottons just walk around naked you liberal b!tch. Either go start a revolution or sit down and shut up”

Here’s the truth. Renewable energy technologies are advancing rapidly. Solar powered energy can now be stored in batteries and is powering entire islands in the pacific. GM has announced a fully electric future for cars, very soon gas stations will start to be replaced by power stations. Oil and Gas is here for now, but it is not the future. 20 years is the life span of the status quo, approximately.”

El Oh El, indeed.

If renewable energies are advancing so rapidly then where are they, Mr. Economical Scientist? Oil may not be the cleanest industry, but it’s going to be here for a LOOOONG time and you’re still going to be a user of said product.

BTW, the Quote feature isn’t working. This site is slowly dying more and more, I swear.
Use the quickquote feature. Even though you don't get to cut the post up into segments to reply to, it's still a decent quick fix.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 06:59 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'm loving these increasingly absurd spins on my username. Might have to put this one in my profile actually, alongside a few others that Quincy coined.

I'll try my best to keep entertaining you like the performing monkey I am. I am tempted to lay a beat, record it, and upload it to SoundCloud.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 07:11 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I'll try my best to keep entertaining you like the performing monkey I am. I am tempted to lay a beat, record it, and upload it to SoundCloud.

I'm telling you dude, with the way the rap game is currently, you put a sweet hook on that and you're golden.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 07:13 PM
dadudemon

Use the quickquote feature. Even though you don't get to cut the post up into segments to reply to, it's still a decent quick fix.

I use quickquote, capture the post ID, then use the standard quote feature on a non-broken post, replace the name and post ID with the proper id, then chop up a post piece by piece so it results in what I want to respond to.

Seems like a lot but it is only 10 seconds extra of effort to do a proper reply.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 07:27 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

You probably would you damn Sasquatch.

I'll smother you with my fur.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 09:03 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ So you're big, tall, and hairy? I can see a very lucrative life for you in the wrestling business. Wouldn't even need a costume.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 09:07 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Impediment

El Oh El, indeed.

Well electric cars are progressing at a very fast pace. The barrier to entry has always been the price, but with the new Tesla costing 30k that may be history. I think you'll see a veritable explosion of electric vehicles over the next 5-10 years or so because the price is finally coming down and will continue to across the entire industry.

In other areas Fossil fuels will continue to dominate because so many industries are invested in it, but don't take it for granted. Oil will be going the way of coal in the next century or so. Maybe sooner.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 09:10 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
Firstly I'm not a white male

Oh I see. So are you Asian? Hispanic? Black?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 09:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote