KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ozymandias vs. Black Panther

Ozymandias vs. Black Panther
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

If I were a cynical person I would say that H1 can't accept that a black man would defeat a white person, therefore he is massively low-balling Black Panther's feats.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 02:27 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Durability is not a red herring since your argument stems from the metal arm striking TChalla and not damaging him a lot (or any) in order to show Ozy not doing much damage (if any) to him.

Hitting someone across the room is the red herring since the argument is about damage, not how far someone is hit. If the metal arm would have sent TChalla flying across the room but still no damage then your argument would remain the same (no damage to prove durability).

T'Challa's durability is not a red herring but Tony's durbality is. Tony's durability does not change the fact that WS displayed superhuman strength, especially with his robo arm. Tchall got hit with that arm and got back up.

Admit it, you're trying to derail the thread by focusing on Tony (when he has absolutely nothing to do with this thread). If you weren't then you'd focus on things that directly impacted T'Challa or Ozy.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 02:56 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It is extremely relevant. My point is that movies don't use real physics when it comes to humans surviving or tanking shit. Look at my Tony example. Movie humans have survived some impossible shit without being enhanced (per the story). A human with good fighting skills (but with normal human durability) can easily tank Bucky's metal arm without much damage in a movie. So that "he tanked a metal arm" argument does not hold much evidence towards anything given how movies operate with humans in general.

You're trying to assign one guy's feats to another, all in an attempt to downplay and dismiss feats. Yet you will dick-ride any feats that favour characters you like (like Baleman KO'ing some random nobody with a backarm strike, for example, which you went on about for several posts in the Bane vs WS thread).

Tony got taken out by Bucky's HUMAN arm. This clearly proves that he would not be able to tank a hit from Bucky's much stronger METAL arm. T'Challa tanked the metal arm. Metal arm >>> Human Arm (even Steve's). So, no, it is not comparable or relevant. But hey, seeing as you made the claim, prove it. Post a clip of a human in the MCU tanking a metal arm hit from Bucky. Unless you do, you are spouting nothing but your personal opinion.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What? Bucky struck T'Challa with his metal arm and he bounced back. Why is that not acceptable evidence that he could easily tank Ozymandias' hits?

H1A8 is massively biased and will go to great lengths to lowball any feats he doesn't like, while wanking any feats that favour his side.

Rorschach taking a kick to the head from Ozy, "He is SUPER DURABLE!!!"
Black Panther tanks a metal arm hit from Bucky, "It doesn't count cuz movie physics."
-H1A8

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 02:59 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by FrothByte
T'Challa's durability is not a red herring but Tony's durbality is. Tony's durability does not change the fact that WS displayed superhuman strength, especially with his robo arm. Tchall got hit with that arm and got back up.

Admit it, you're trying to derail the thread by focusing on Tony (when he has absolutely nothing to do with this thread). If you weren't then you'd focus on things that directly impacted T'Challa or Ozy.

This. He is just trying to derail things.

Tony's durability has zero bearing on T'Challa tanking a hit from the metal arm.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:04 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

What? Bucky struck T'Challa with his metal arm and he bounced back. Why is that not acceptable evidence that he could easily tank Ozymandias' hits?

It depends on what you mean by tank. Tony tanked a full powered elbow to the face from someone with near Cap strength (according to you guys) without being koed or something broken. Does that mean Tony has superhuman durability? Or is it movie physics? It's all about what the WRITER IS TRYING TO SHOW. Anything else leads to contradictions.

With that said, I don't see the writer trying to portray T'Challa with superhuman durability no more than they were trying to portray Tony with superhuman durability. I believe any highly skilled (but human in physicality) human would have been portrayed to take a shot from the metal arm or even Cap himself. But not many.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 08:51 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

So did Tony. Does that mean anything? It's about what the writer is trying to show.

quote:

I'm not. I'm just pointing out how movies work. Other wise you would get a bunch of nonsense contradictions. It's all about what the writer is trying to show.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 08:55 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

It depends on what you mean by tank. Tony tanked a full powered elbow to the face from someone with near Cap strength (according to you guys) without being koed or something broken. Does that mean Tony has superhuman durability? Or is it movie physics? It's all about what the WRITER IS TRYING TO SHOW. Anything else leads to contradictions.

With that said, I don't see the writer trying to portray T'Challa with superhuman durability no more than they were trying to portray Tony with superhuman durability. I believe any highly skilled (but human in physicality) human would have been portrayed to take a shot from the metal arm or even Cap himself. But not many.

That's false and if you want to focus on what the director's were trying to portray, then it's very evident that they intended to showcase that Black Panther was superhuman in the same tier as Steve and Bucky.

They showed consistently through that movie that his metal arm was vastly superhuman. This was proven by him punching through the cage, punching Steve through the elevator doors etc. By far the lowest showing of the arm is Spider-Man being able to catch his hit. That's the most questionable showing, being weaker than someone who can probably lift a bus.

Whether Iron Man is superhuman or not is a completely separate point and takes nothing away from Black Panther bouncing back up from Bucky's hit. T'Challa took Bucky's metal arm to the chest far better than Tony took Bucky's human arm to the chest. This indicates the vast difference in stats between him and a human being.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 20th, 2017 at 09:39 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 09:35 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

So did Tony. Does that mean anything? It's about what the writer is trying to show.

I'm not. I'm just pointing out how movies work. Other wise you would get a bunch of nonsense contradictions. It's all about what the writer is trying to show.

Tony never got hit with WS's robotic arm. T'Challa was hit with WS's robotic arm. Do you understand now or are you going to continue to troll?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 09:39 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Ladies and gentlemen, an example of h1's logic

1) Human survives getting hit by Ozy = OMG they have superhuman durability

2) Human survives getting hit by WS = they have normal human durability, that's just how movies work.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 09:58 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The guy is literally trying to use a completely different character, taking a much less powerful attack in a worse way than T'Challa did, to try and dismiss a perfectly valid durability feat for him, and acting like everyone else is being unreasonable for not going along with it.

And, once again, it's his BS inconsistency/contradictions argument which he only ever applies to the side he is arguing against (while not only using one off feats, like the Ozy bullet catch, Bane pillar punch, Batman backhand, non-combat high-ends for Miyagi etc., but also his personal speculation, like what being part of LoS would imply) for the characters he supports. Also, I love how his fiction inconsistency argument is not simply ALWAYS aimed at characters he is against, but it ALWAYS means that a feat for a character he is arguing against will apparently be weaker than it appears to everyone else. He has never once used that line of reasoning to argue something might be more powerful in an instance where a character/characters he is against is concerned.

He is one of the absolute worst hypocrites and trolls on this site, but he will never acknowledge it. And I love how he is trying his Writer's Intent BS here, yet again, when behind the scenes interviews with the Russos and the like contain bits where they specifically reference that unarmored fight scene (where T'Challa takes the metal arm haymaker) as a means of showing Black Panther is superhuman. So, his claim of Writer's Intent actually contradicts the people who made CA:CW.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 11:13 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That's false and if you want to focus on what the director's were trying to portray, then it's very evident that they intended to showcase that Black Panther was superhuman in the same tier as Steve and Bucky.

They showed consistently through that movie that his metal arm was vastly superhuman. This was proven by him punching through the cage, punching Steve through the elevator doors etc. By far the lowest showing of the arm is Spider-Man being able to catch his hit. That's the most questionable showing, being weaker than someone who can probably lift a bus.

Whether Iron Man is superhuman or not is a completely separate point and takes nothing away from Black Panther bouncing back up from Bucky's hit. T'Challa took Bucky's metal arm to the chest far better than Tony took Bucky's human arm to the chest. This indicates the vast difference in stats between him and a human being.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 11:14 PM
h1a8

Why was Tony able to tank a full elbow strike from Bucky?
It's not separate. Wasn't Bucky consistently shown to be superhuman and Cap's physical peer? Tony's face should have broken. Humans, in movies, have always tanked shit that no real human could. This is just how movies work. So the Tony showing TAKES AWAY from the T'Challa feat. It's still a good showing, just below what you are making it.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 11:19 PM
Silent Master

It's not separate. Wasn't Bucky consistently shown to be superhuman and Cap's physical peer? Tony's face should have broken. Humans, in movies, have always tanked shit that no real human could. This is just how movies work. So the Tony showing TAKES AWAY from the T'Challa feat. It's still a good showing, just below what you are making it.

Does your standard also apply to those that survived Ozy's attacks?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 11:30 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

See what did I tell you? Red herring. You keep including Tony in this thread even though he has nothing to do with it.

WS was brought into this thread to showcase TChalla's durability since he tanked a punch from WS's robotic arm, an arm that has always been consistently shown to be of superhuman strength.

Tony was never punched with that robotic arm, therefore he has nothing to do with this thread. Stop derailing it.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 12:12 AM
h1a8

See what did I tell you? Red herring. You keep including Tony in this thread even though he has nothing to do with it.

WS was brought into this thread to showcase TChalla's durability since he tanked a punch from WS's robotic arm, an arm that has always been consistently shown to be of superhuman strength.

Tony was never punched with that robotic arm, therefore he has nothing to do with this thread. Stop derailing it.

It has everything to do with the thread. It shows how the movie’s physics work. And how shit jobs to normal humans all time.

Bottom line: TChalla tanking metal arm is not a realible durability feat because we have Tony tanking Bucky’s elbow (Bucky was also consistently shown to be super strong).

Any highly skilled human could have tanked the metal arm once in the chest. This is a fact. The chest is not the head or a critical nerve.
Do you agree?

With that said, Ozy can indeed damage TChalla with blows. But it will take many to put him down (unless he strikes him in a vital place).

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 03:12 AM
Silent Master

Ozy is too weak to hurt BP.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 03:21 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote:
It has everything to do with the thread. It shows how the movie’s physics work. And how shit jobs to normal humans all time.

Bottom line: TChalla tanking metal arm is not a realible durability feat because we have Tony tanking Bucky’s elbow (Bucky was also consistently shown to be super strong).

Any highly skilled human could have tanked the metal arm once in the chest. This is a fact. The chest is not the head or a critical nerve.
Do you agree?

With that said, Ozy can indeed damage TChalla with blows. But it will take many to put him down (unless he strikes him in a vital place).

If we were to use your logic, we could therefore say that Ozy is pretty weak since he was unable to snap the neck of a man lying nearly prone even with a full strength kick to the neck. Heck, he wasn't even able to KO him. Most adult men with decent martial arts training could at least cripple someone with a kick like that if not outright kill them.

So using your logic, we know that Ozy is actually weaker than a decent martial artist in the real world, and is way too weak to hurt BP.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 05:01 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

^ Edit: Full strength kick to the head. Not neck.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 05:02 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Black Panther obvs

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 05:02 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

My initial instinct is to say Ozy, but then I remembered that Ozy was never tested against a enhanced/superpowered opponent.

Eh, wasn't he though? For the purposes of the story everyone is human and has no powers, save for Doc M. Yet...the people Ozy stomps in the movie are kinda like Batman, in the sense that they are supposed to be normal humans, but they do things no real world person could do.

I'm not saying the people he beat were Cap level, but they sure did seem above real world humans.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 05:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote