KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Planet of the Apes

Planet of the Apes
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gundark
Mayhem

Okay, here I am, back upstairs from watching Fargo. Pretty good, didn't think the wife was dead at first though.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 07:13 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And muchly true as well... disturbing, eh?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 07:18 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Yeah, it was rather getting rather bizarre by the end.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 07:23 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's a great film, but it wears me down to watch it... hardly an upbeat film. Relentless is more the term. Good triumphs, but you hardly feel great about it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 07:24 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Actually The Elephant Man was THE MOST DEPRESSING film I have ever watched in my whole life. Nothing has ever come close. Have you seen it ?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 07:27 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh yeah... I was leaping about and whooping with laughter after that one.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 07:30 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

I think the black and white photography really laid bare the reality of the story, but I'm sure it was still sugar-coated compared to Merrick's real life. Horrid squalor doesn't begin to describe it.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 07:38 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good old John Hurt. He deserves a Star Wars part, actually.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 07:44 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Yeah, I think he would fit in pretty good.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 07:49 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Along with David Warner and Jude Law.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 07:51 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Maybe we could get jobs as assistants to Robin Gurland. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 08:05 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, they wouldn't let me write any Star Wars.... seems very insular to me...

BtVS

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 08:10 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

I write SW for myself....although my brother enjoys reading it. I'm working on a story right now about the end of ESB...Luke giving in to Vader instead of jumping off the gantry. Not giving in to the darkside, and he will end up back with the alliance...kind of a side-track before they rescue Han. I'm very nit-picky though...it has to read just right. And I have to figure out how to get him off the executor and back to the fleet. "Beyond Empire" is the working title, but I'll change it when I'm done.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 08:25 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nice. I bet Leia isn't his sister in your world.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 08:32 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Ah, see through me you do !! smile

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 08:34 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Fellow-writer empathy

BtVS

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 08:35 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Thats just a polite way of saying starving artist. Although I do have a day job. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 08:45 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's better than me...

BtVS

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 08:50 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

It does pay the Visa bill. Well, some of it. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 08:52 AM
finti

We can all see Ush and Gundy`s talent in the role playing area. Me I`m just hanging in there struggeling, I`m not much of a writer, but its great fun to give it a try.
I love to read books though.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2001 06:42 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote